Mod sign up list (makeshift)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By efrucht

Everybody is wondering when GB will get mods, so why don't we start off by finding out who wants to be a mod.
Only reply to this thread if you want to be a mod, and say why you are qualified. Who knows, maybe GB might pull mod suggestions from this list! You never know!

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tovan

This is probably a good way to not get picked as a mod.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Why, are you part of the GiantBomb staff? I don't think so, and therefore, Im not applying here yet

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

This is a pretty bad idea. Real aspiring mods should have 10,000 posts by tomorrow, each with 5-6 paragraphs. Begin.

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By RowdyRob

Leave deciding who should be a mod to the GiantBomb crew. ;]

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By sdodd02

The whole thing they said was "Don't ask to be a mod" this is pretty much asking.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By banksrob

lol and you think this will make you a mod jeez

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By efrucht

The thread is already broken, lol just forget it, this was destined to burn and crash....

Meliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meliv

Then why did you make it. We have enough trolls and spammers as it is

Snakey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snakey

Give me mod, and I shall purge this forum of spammers, trolls, racists, and communists.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Crash and burn, jk but this probably isn't the best way to be picked. Signing yourself up sort of  crosses you out in most cases on sites.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Termite

Yeah they said "Don't ask to be a mod" already.

No problem with expressing your interest, but don't just ask them

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By tec3297

seriously...Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By efrucht
Meliv said:
"Then why did you make it. We have enough trolls and spammers as it is
"
Sometimes things seem like a good idea, but after you actually do them you think to yourself "That was a stupid idea."

MrBrightside91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrBrightside91
efrucht said:
"The thread is already broken, lol just forget it, this was destined to burn and crash...."
WAIT! Lemme guess, "If I were a mod I could have locked this!"

tehe - note how this was me pretending to be OP, not actually me saying "If I were a mod..."
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Probably the worst possible way to try and get picked as a mod.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By efrucht

People, stop posting in this thread already. Bad idea I get it. 9_9

MrVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrVegeta

I nominate Gamedude

jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jondavis

I CAN HAS MODDOM?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Pepsiman

Just give up on your delusional dreams of success, Jon. I know it must be rather painful for you to hear this from me, Pepsiman, of all people, but if somebody doesn't crush your hopes and aspirations right now, you're just going to end getting really hurt later on down the line.

Just forget about them, Jon. Forget. About. Them.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I wanna be a mod.:(

JonDavis, you'd suck if you were a mod.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Player1
banksrob said:
"lol and you think this will make you a mod jeez
"
I'm sure hes trying to act all responsible, so he gets picked. Lol. 
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DualReaver
Player1 said:
"banksrob said:
"lol and you think this will make you a mod jeez
"
I'm sure hes trying to act all responsible, so he gets picked. Lol. "
lololol
It's 3 weeks old dude.
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pepsiman
TheJollyRajah said:
"I wanna be a mod.:(

JonDavis, you'd suck if you were a mod."
See, Jon? I'm not the only one who knows how to run your future better than you do.
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jondavis

...that was an applaudable performance by both of you.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pepsiman

It's not a performance. This is serious business, what with it being the Internet and all.

Just go back to your days as a trout fisherman and everything will be okay for all of us. Don't ask for something to happen that we'll regret later on.

jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jondavis

But... you can make it happen can't you? You could mention it to Brad or something in the IRC. Yes, I know of this secret mod channel and I've heard of what madness takes place within its e-walls. Hear this: I will not stop trying.

I will not stop trying.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Let's talk about JonDavis's sermons. Let's talk about them in a very specific and personal way. Here's my side of the story: JonDavis likes to brag about how the members of his claque are ideologically diverse. Perhaps that means that some of them prefer Stalin over Hitler. In any case, if you think about it you'll see that JonDavis's execrable, peevish sophistries are merely a distraction. They're just something to generate more op-ed pieces, more news conferences for media talking heads, and more punditry from people like me. Meanwhile, JonDavis's grunts are continuing their quiet work of advancing JonDavis's real goal, which is to support hostile governments known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery.

JonDavis will damage the debate about this issue in that we will have to spend lots of time correcting misunderstandings that are directly attributable to his protests. To bring the matter closer to home, let me remind you that you'd think that someone would have done something by now to thwart his plans to sensationalize all of the issues. Unfortunately, most people are quite happy to "go along to get along" and are rather reluctant to criticize his complicity in the widespread establishment of antipluralism. It is imperative that we inform such people that JonDavis is doing everything in his power to make me lose my temper. The only reason I haven't yet is that I believe in the four P's: patience, prayer, positive thinking, and perseverance.

JonDavis spouts a lot of numbers whenever he wants to make a point. He then subjectively interprets those numbers to support his dissertations while ignoring the fact that I, not being one of the many audacious, capricious pests of this world, cannot compromise with him; he is without principles. I cannot reason with him; he is without reason. But I can warn him and with a warning he must really take to heart: The whole of his inaniloquent worldview may perhaps be expressed in one simple word. That word is "incendiarism". Let me explain: I've received appreciative notes from academic psychologists and students of culture who deplore the misapplication of their subjects by ideologues like JonDavis. Let's be sure that I've made myself absolutely clear: JonDavis's intimates claim to have no choice but to crush national and spiritual values out of existence and substitute the ignominious and discourteous machinery of propagandism. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, eccentric clodpolls. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. Now for some parting advice: Look at the facts. Analyze the arguments. Think about the motives of the people who are telling you that the best way to make a point is with foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric and letters filled primarily with exclamation points. And have confidence in yourself. Remember, I intend to keep writing letters like this one until JonDavis changes his ways.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DualReaver
JonDavis said:
"But... you can make it happen can't you? You could mention it to Brad or something in the IRC. Yes, I know of this secret mod channel and I've heard of what madness takes place within its e-walls. Hear this: I will not stop trying.

I will not stop trying."
Guyz he's serial.
What JonDavis wants, JonDavis gets.
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jondavis

Jesus Christ JR, I laughed my ass off reading that.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheJollyRajah

:)

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheJollyRajah

It is not likely that I shall say anything new here. If I do, it will be of only minor significance. Nevertheless, Pepsiman's known for selectively editing quotes to make it sound like she is cunctipotent. First and foremost, she likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why if I hear Pepsiman's confidants say, "The moon is made of green cheese" one more time, I'm really going to throw up. When Pepsiman made her puppy-dog pals wag their little tails by promising to let them create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind, I realized for the first time that Pepsiman counts wanton brigands as her friends. Unfortunately for her, these are hired friends, false friends, friends incapable of realizing for a moment that it will not be easy to call your attention to the problem of mephitic wheeler-dealers. Nevertheless, we must attempt to do exactly that for the overriding reason that all she really wants is to hang onto the perks she's getting from the system. That's all she really cares about.

Some people think that the deep-seated, unbridled hatred that Pepsiman's understrappers have for us is visceral and inculcated from cradle to grave. Others believe that she turns her back on those who have been the most loyal to her. The truth lies somewhere in between, namely, that when she says that it is her moral imperative to sharpen intergroup tensions, that's just a load of spucatum tauri. With this in mind, I must replace today's chaos and lack of vision with order and a supreme sense of purpose. Pepsiman has frequently been spotted making nicey-nice with wayward delinquents. Is this because she needs their help to quote me out of context? It would take days to give the complete answer to that question but the gist of it is that Pepsiman spouts the same bile in everything she writes, making only slight modifications to suit the issue at hand. The issue she's excited about this week is pauperism, which says to me that I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. However, if Pepsiman were to trick them into fixing their compass on the wrong star they'd soon be so off-course that they'd actually be willing to help her entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of the ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice of what I call yawping fence-sitters.

Pepsiman should think about how her epigrams lead irritating smear merchants to teach collectivism-oriented concepts to children. If Pepsiman doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps she should just keep quiet. What's interesting is that with her so forcefully breaking down our communities, things are starting to come to a head. That's why we must reveal the nature and activity of her co-conspirators and expose their inner contexts as well as their ultimate final aims. The end.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pepsiman

You win, Jolly. You win.

jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jondavis

You watch a lot of political advertisements eh?

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AmericanPegasus

silly mods

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points