Money is tight; Last of Us or PS+?

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wish I has more spending cash right now. I've been looking forward to The Last of Us for a while now, and I have managed to avoid knowing much about it other than its made by naughty dog and has zombies.

At the same time, im trying to save money for a PS4 (I never got to get a launch console, I always get them close to a year later) and I know I'll need a PS+ subscription for multiplayer, which I like. Also: the current free games interest me.

The main delimma is I dont want any of the Last of Us spoiled and I'm not sure if I can go another months or two without it being ruined Vs all the free stuff PS+ has to offer especially in the Troubled Time of Tight Wallets.

I need advice Duders, what say you?!

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait to see what the bundles for launch PS4s will be. Some retailer might throw in a PS+ card with a preorder of killzone or watch-dogs.

The last of us is pretty good.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

"Money is tight" = PS+. You'll thank me later.

Seriously, I haven't bought a game on my PS3 or Vita since I signed up. The Last of Us doesn't sound like a game that can be spoiled in a few sentences, anyways.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

PS+ versus a single game? No contest. No matter how good the game is, PS+ is the better bang for your buck. Especially if it carries over to the PS4.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

If money is tight, definitely PS+. You'll accrue a pretty ridiculous library in only a handful of months.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

@artikay: Last of Us is a pretty long game. If your next paycheck is on the 1st then I think it might last you until the end of the month since it also has multiplayer.

Otherwise PS+ will get you two great games this month. It's Uncharted 3 and XCOM from what I recall?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

Which PSN Store do you use? If you use the European one you currently have a really great crop of free games to download if you get PS+ and that would probably be the choice I would go with if I could only get one of those two options.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Believe me, there is no one thing in TLOU that can spoil the game. I would wholeheartedly recommend getting PS+. TLOU is a fantastic game, but between the two in your situation, the value falls in favor of Ps+.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By GS_Dan

PS+, if you haven't played the currently offered games in your area, or also have a Vita. Jump on it straight away if you have yet to play XCOM.

Pretty sure you can get Plus cards on the cheap online, too.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

Hell - I've gotten both on the same day (only redeemed PS+ after I was done with The Last of Us). PS+ is an insane deal. Hell - it'll even give us Drive Club for free at launch, and it's whole FPS driving experience is right down my alley.

In terms of longterm value, there's no comparison. PS+ for you.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If you had of asked this 6 months ago then yes, I would have said screw PS+. After having PS+ for 6 months I can safely say screw one game, PS+ has given me around 10 odd games so far for the incredibly small fee it costs.