Monthly Spoils - January 2012

Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Zephyria

This is a recurring thread idea that I'm blatantly stealing from my friends on the official Atlus forums (which you might be able to tell from my taste in games). Basically I post pictures or screenshots of games and other neat stuff, usually electronics, that I've purchased over the course of a month. I try to do this in bursts so that I can get a few big pictures instead of a bunch of smaller ones. For anyone else who's interested, feel free to join in with your own pictures and we can talk about how awesome our new stuff is! :)

No Caption Provided

Personas 1 & 2 for PSP, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and a mini Bluetooth USB adapter. I'm pretty hyped to finally have Nocturne. I feel that as an RPG gamer who loves the PS2 generation of games that this is one I really missed out on. The bluetooth is going to come in handy when I play my PC games using a game pad. I use a Dualshock 3 and it works just great.

No Caption Provided

Bad glare on this picture, but that's Castle of Shikigami III, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey III, Amazon Kindle Keyboard, Klonoa, Dark Souls Collector's Edition, my Kindle light-cover, and Shiren the Wanderer.

I had no intention of buying these Wii games, but I found them for really cheap at my local electronics store, so I couldn't pass them up.

The Kindle is my attempt to get back into reading instead of just playing video games all the time in my freetime... we'll see how that goes. Currently reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, on the recommendation by the Reddit Book Club. The leather cover is really nice. Lets me read in the dark if I really want to, and gives the Kindle the feel of a book.

The purchase of Devil Survivor... I think finishes up my collection of "modern" Megami Tensei games. I'll have to review it when I feel like buying more games, but I've opened up a huge backlog as it is.

No Caption Provided

I am not happy about the packaging that Bandai did on Dark Souls. See that huge, nasty residue circle on the side of the tin from the slip-cover? I need some Goo-Gone or something for that... When I shell out extra money for a collector's edition of a game, mostly for some cool packaging, I expect it to be high quality. This stuff was impossible to remove without leaving that mark.

No Caption Provided

And finally, Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles, finishing up my collection of Assassin's Creed games. It'll probably be the next DS game I play before I forget too much of the Assassin's Creed storyline. I have a feeling it won't matter for this game, though.

Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zephyria

This is a recurring thread idea that I'm blatantly stealing from my friends on the official Atlus forums (which you might be able to tell from my taste in games). Basically I post pictures or screenshots of games and other neat stuff, usually electronics, that I've purchased over the course of a month. I try to do this in bursts so that I can get a few big pictures instead of a bunch of smaller ones. For anyone else who's interested, feel free to join in with your own pictures and we can talk about how awesome our new stuff is! :)

No Caption Provided

Personas 1 & 2 for PSP, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and a mini Bluetooth USB adapter. I'm pretty hyped to finally have Nocturne. I feel that as an RPG gamer who loves the PS2 generation of games that this is one I really missed out on. The bluetooth is going to come in handy when I play my PC games using a game pad. I use a Dualshock 3 and it works just great.

No Caption Provided

Bad glare on this picture, but that's Castle of Shikigami III, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey III, Amazon Kindle Keyboard, Klonoa, Dark Souls Collector's Edition, my Kindle light-cover, and Shiren the Wanderer.

I had no intention of buying these Wii games, but I found them for really cheap at my local electronics store, so I couldn't pass them up.

The Kindle is my attempt to get back into reading instead of just playing video games all the time in my freetime... we'll see how that goes. Currently reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, on the recommendation by the Reddit Book Club. The leather cover is really nice. Lets me read in the dark if I really want to, and gives the Kindle the feel of a book.

The purchase of Devil Survivor... I think finishes up my collection of "modern" Megami Tensei games. I'll have to review it when I feel like buying more games, but I've opened up a huge backlog as it is.

No Caption Provided

I am not happy about the packaging that Bandai did on Dark Souls. See that huge, nasty residue circle on the side of the tin from the slip-cover? I need some Goo-Gone or something for that... When I shell out extra money for a collector's edition of a game, mostly for some cool packaging, I expect it to be high quality. This stuff was impossible to remove without leaving that mark.

No Caption Provided

And finally, Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles, finishing up my collection of Assassin's Creed games. It'll probably be the next DS game I play before I forget too much of the Assassin's Creed storyline. I have a feeling it won't matter for this game, though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Haven't bought any games this month (other than Catherine- which I fuckin' loved, I'm playing through again now for the other endings). NeverDead and Final Fantasy XIII-2 come out on Tuesday, though.

Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zephyria

NeverDead looks like it might be fun in a b-movie kind of way... Doesn't strike me as it'll be all that great, though first impressions aren't everything. Not sure what to make of Final Fantasy XIII-2, either. Hopefully it's better than the first.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

I've only pre-ordered games this month, so no new games for me. Bought some CDs though.

No Caption Provided

Opeth - Heritage Special Edition with bonus DVD (and a 3D cover)

Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning

Primus - Green Naugahyde

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell 20th Anniversary 3 CD Set

R.E.M. Greatest Hit Set

Periphery Self-titled

White Zombie - Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (4 CD 1 DVD career spanning set)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

Oh I hope I can join back in on the random-game-purchase fun (money's tight atm...)

Just looking at these photos of other people's game purchases makes me kinda happy for some weird reason :)

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Have you played Persona 1 before?  I had not prior to the PSP version, and was unaware that there is very extreme good/bad pathing.  Specifically, it's caused by a few fairly vague dialogue choices, and you don't really know that you've done anything wrong until hours later, when the game suddenly ends about halfway in.  So, as a friendly word of advice you might want to check a faq for the right dialogue options, or at least make a new save file every time you come across a conversation choice (there aren't that many).  I was so pissed off by this game, and I love megaten.

Also, I'm glad you made a swag post, as I was waiting for one.  I'll put some pictures up in a bit.

Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zephyria

@SpaceRunaway said:

Have you played Persona 1 before? I had not prior to the PSP version, and was unaware that there is very extreme good/bad pathing. Specifically, it's caused by a few fairly vague dialogue choices, and you don't really know that you've done anything wrong until hours later, when the game suddenly ends about halfway in. So, as a friendly word of advice you might want to check a faq for the right dialogue options, or at least make a new save file every time you come across a conversation choice (there aren't that many). I was so pissed off by this game, and I love megaten. Also, I'm glad you made a swag post, as I was waiting for one. I'll put some pictures up in a bit.

Nope! I haven't played Persona 1 before, but you could say the same thing about some of the paths in Persona 4. I ended up doing just as you said and making a few save files just to be sure, and it paid off. Thanks for the info though~

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus

Alright, so I haven't really bought much this months- here's what I got-

No Caption Provided
Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zephyria

@TooWalrus: Nice. Hopefully Final Fantasy turns out well.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I decided to keep a list of all the games I buy this year just to see how much I actually spend on gaming. So far it's been pretty good since most of it was from the last few days of the Steam sale. I just got done playing the Darkness 2 Demo and really want to buy that now, holy shit balls was that an amazing demo for a game that was not even on my radar before, but I'm trying to save my money to get my credit cards payed off and save up for a new PC; so I'm going to have to put that off until some Steam sale.

I do pretty much all of my game buying digitally so I don't have any pictures to take, but here's my list thus far:

EDIT:Looks like the formatting screws up the list when I just insert it, sohere'sa link instead.