Monthly Sub has adds now?

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By harinosho

Not sure where this should go, but i got an email saying my renewal didn't kick in. Thought it was weird, since I know my details were correct.. didnt matter much, i'd just re-enter them and renew. But I noticed that monthly sub doesn't remove the adds?

What's up with that?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

Unless I'm mistaken, it's always been that way: yearly members get the additional bonus of no ads for their extra cost. Are you sure you didn't just have some ad-block program installed or something?

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must be a bug. I'm subbed month to month and I don't see any ads, at all.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By harinosho

Unless I'm mistaken, it's always been that way: yearly members get the additional bonus of no ads for their extra cost. Are you sure you didn't just have some ad-block program installed or something?

No ad blocker installed. Just saw this:

No Caption Provided

"Monthly$4.95 Access to all our premium features, but you'll still see ads.

@dokaka said:

Must be a bug. I'm subbed month to month and I don't see any ads, at all.

Misprint on the tiers? Who knows, I'll re-sub and see how things goes.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, I could have sworn it was always the case. I don't know for sure, though, I've always gone the yearly route - but I could have sworn no ads was one of the bonuses of going with the yearly subscription all along.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/5-per-month-50-per-year-whiskey-subscription-444925/

Here's a link from four years ago--back when the service was just announced in the Whiskey days. Monthly subscriptions always had ads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Silver subscribers still get ads. You need to sub for a whole year to get no ads.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm a monthly sub and I don't see any ads.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It says that you get ads but you don't for some reason. My sub just ran out and I am seeing ads that were never there when I was a monthly.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lab392 said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/5-per-month-50-per-year-whiskey-subscription-444925/

Here's a link from four years ago--back when the service was just announced in the Whiskey days. Monthly subscriptions always had ads.

Holy balls, has it really been 4 years?

The no ads deal for monthly is a welcome benefit, albeit unintended :)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@harinosho: Try logging out and back in; site doesn't show you as a member currently, so that might fix it. Check for the medal under your avatar on the forums.

I know they've had some weird authentication issues in the past when non-members subscribe or when members subscriptions end.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive always been a monthly subscriber and I never saw any ads despite what the subscription page says

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

addverts?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a monthly sub, then I bought the year long extension deal they offered for mothers day. I see no ads but I still show as a monthly sub member.

If you still see ads after subbing but you don't like it I think you're justified in using AdBlocker without feeling bad. I only don't sub yearly because there's no real benefit to me since living in Europe the store credit towards a tshirt will be eaten up by customs.

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I turned off ad block to check if I see ads (I don't), but yeah, you shouldn't feel bad about using adblock if you're a paying member. That $5 a month is a hell of a lot more than you could possible contribute on your own in ad views.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@lab392 said:

No, they really didn't. I've only been a yearly subscriber since a month or two, before that I was monthly. Never had any ads.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been a monthly subscriber for years, I thought there were were no ads at all on a paying tier regardless of that tier.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Steadying

I have never had ads as a monthly subscriber. (And still don't).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a monthly from the get-go and saw zero ads. However, when my subscription lapsed for like 6 days, I had ads when I resubbed. It's an interesting bug.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monthly, no ads here, no adblock. My sub lapsed once maybe 9 months or so ago when payment mysteriously failed, but when I corrected it I still didn't see ads.

You should contact @rorie to get it figured out, OP.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Monthly subs do not get ads. That's just old copy on the sign-up page.