#1 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

Whats your favorite moral choice in a video game?

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4686 posts) -

Press the Right Trigger to KICK THAT DUDE OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW

#3 Posted by Thrillhouse87 (228 posts) -

I feel every moral choice in every video game I have ever played is just "be a good guy and do the right thing, or be a bad guy and do the wrong thing"

#4 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2114 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

/thread

#5 Edited by thesavage (73 posts) -

The moral decision in fallout 3 the pitt.

*Spoiler

You had the slavers, but the leader whom I forget his name had a great vision for the future that required slave labor temporarily. Or you could choose to side with the slaves and free them at the cost of the peoples futures. It was a tough decision. I went with the slavers. So I have to disagree with thrillhouse in this instance.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:

#7 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

@Thrillhouse87 said:

I feel every moral choice in every video game I have ever played is just "be a good guy and do the right thing, or be a bad guy and do the wrong thing"

This. Developers need to build on characters and when you make a decision, make it count. When I had to choose between my partners in Mass Effect, it really made me think, broke my gamer heart. Everywhere else seems to have the mentality of "you can spare this innocent man and earn nothing but good graces, or shoot him and take his money!"

While that IS a moral choice, its a video game and holds very little impact unless the game developers made that character matter in the long run.

#8 Posted by sanchopanza (247 posts) -

They are all really horrible because you are either satan or Gandhi, games in general cant do moral choices well and just go: well heres a bad/good meter, you fill it up by being/not being a complete prick. E.g. the first infamous, the moral choices in that are really stupid.

#9 Posted by DTKT (115 posts) -

Probably the Flotilla sequence in ME2.

#10 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

Any of the ambiguous decisions in the Dragon Age games.  They have a lot of straight good and straight bad but a large handful of significant choices are very ambiguous and really come down to your own moral standings.

#11 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

banana

#12 Posted by Krampus (141 posts) -

I make one everytime I shoot a gun in a game.

#13 Edited by Butler (384 posts) -
@EuanDewar: That was the most bullshit one in my opinion. You previously were traveling up the building massacring hordes of henchmen, leaving countless bodies in your wake. But then it suddenly becomes "Renegade" or evil to kick one guy out the window? I'm calling bullshit. What is death by incineration, gunfire, or force pushing is more morally acceptable than being kicked through a window?

I think morality choices should be removed from games. Ascribing points to actions like that is superfluous.
#14 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

I liked the ones at the end of fable 2. They were all kind of selfish in different ways.

#15 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Will there be any spoilers in this thread?

#16 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@WickedFather said:
There's already a spoiler in the 5th post.
#17 Posted by thesavage (73 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

@WickedFather said:

My mistake, it's been a while since I've been on a forum and I am still reacquainting myself with common forum etiquette.

#18 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -
@EuanDewar:  
agreed... I didn't even mean to press right trigger... I was always a lefty myself.... But I was soooo happy with the outcome!
#19 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@thesavage said:

@Aronman789 said:

@WickedFather said:

My mistake, it's been a while since I've been on a forum and I am still reacquainting myself with common forum etiquette.

No problem man
#20 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

There have been some really good ones lately. Fallout 3 started with a decent one. ME2 had two pretty good ones. Dragon Age Origins had some interesting conversation options. My favorite so far have been some of the choices in The Witcher. The choice to fight or defend the renegade/freedom figher elves & dwarves in chapter 2 was a pretty good introduction to the choices coming along in chapter 3. The order of the flame guy you meet in the sewers ties into it nicely, and especially his reaction and how his view changes after the dead is done. It's all great stuff.

#21 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

I liked yelling, Paragonally, at the Quarian council thing. And kicking a guy out of a window.

Also, "See? The human cannot hit a simple target!" quickly followed by "Aaagh, agh, ahhhhhh!"

#22 Posted by Tsoglani (579 posts) -

I also think that Fallout 3 had some of the best ones, like whether to free the slaves, etc,. It seems that it is only RPG's that have real and difficult decsisions to make that actually make a difference in the game world.
#23 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid baby!

#24 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I generally go with a good guy because for some reason every 'evil' option means killing or hurting someone for no reason other than just to be bad.

#25 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

I like having the choice to either stab a dude in the face or neck.

#26 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

being a dick is actually quite fun

#27 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Game: "Watch out for civilians"

Me: "Fuck that!" Proceed to kill civilians

#28 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

I prefer the moral choice I made for myself in Fallout 3. Murder the hell out of the assholes in Paradise Falls without being asked or prompted. It's one of the few times I got honest enjoyment out of that game.

#29 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

IMO moral choices shouldn't so much be "be a hero or an asehole", I think they should be more like the ones in fallout, with far more grey area, and they're not so much a 'good' or 'bad' choice, they're just choices which affect the future of the game.