#1 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I had been waiting for an appropriate game to come along in the steam sales, and finally it has. Just like last year, I'm going to give away a shit-tonne of games. This time, said game will be Solar 2. I wrote a review of it. You should read it. I love that game.

Unlike last year, I am going to instigate some rules:

1.You must have at least 250 posts or 1000 wiki points to be elegible.

2.You have to post something that you got somebody else for christmas. This may or may not impact whether or not you get a copy. I'll be getting a bunch, so don't sweat it too much if you have nothing interesting to put here.

Please include your SteamID.

Nintendoeats

EDIT: LaughingMan submitted a 360 code for the game! If you would like that, include your gamertag as well.

EDIT2: PC versions are done, except for the ones that I am waiting for people to accept my friend request on. There is still a 360 code kicking around here if anybody wants it.

#2 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I got my dad Enchanted Arms for the PS3....he's a JRPG fanatic so I'm sure he'll enjoy it, I really enjoyed it when I played it on the 360.

UnknownPleasures1991

#3 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I got my best friend Dead Space 2 for pc. I knew it was a game he'd love, but he's so careful with his money that he'd never buy it for himself.

Steam ID: SafetyFist

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

I don't celebrate Christmas. Instead, I celebrate Night of the Sexyface. Per NotS tradition, I took to the streets and gathered all the gifts I planned on giving in several shopping carts. I don't remember what I got, and according to such traditions, there's no way I should. 'Tis tradition, damn it. Also, here's my Steam account.

#5 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I got my dad a flashlight (it's a running joke that I always get him a flashlight) and a book that he wanted.

My steam ID is GJSnowman

#6 Posted by ZagZagovich (755 posts) -

My ID is ZagZagovich. Gave away Renegade Ops, Bastion, Limbo, Dungeons of Dremour and still got a bunch to give away. Mostly to GB users. Plus my sale is still going if that counts.

#7 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

I got my brother uncharted 3,hes a HUGE uncharted fan

#8 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

I don't celebrate religious holidays. I'm not very interesting, Solar 2 looks like it is. My Steam ID

#9 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

I got my mom some new slippers, an optical mouse for her computer (yes, that's right, in the year 2011, she was still using a ball mouse), my sister and my aunt I baked giant ginger cookies for (because money was starting to get tight by this point and I was in a baking mood.) and then I think everyone else did all of the rest of the Christmas shopping in the family and I just got to put my name on stuff.

YesterdaysFate

#10 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I don't want the game but I got my brother a high five. (Wrapped my hand so it could be unwrapped and high fived) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#11 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

I got my girlfriend some tickets to go and see the new panda bears at Edinburgh Zoo - the only pandas in the UK! Exciting!

SteamID - Bibamatt

#12 Edited by Legend (2649 posts) -

I didn't give any gaming-related gifts to anyone this year. Still would be awesome if I got one myself. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/axxxel

Edit: I forgot I bought Bejeweled on the iPhone for my mom. She's addicted to it!

#13 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I got my dad a garage floor jack that weighed a god damn ton and was a bitch to gift wrap. Still worth it though because he really liked it.

Steam ID: geekdown

#14 Posted by DeF (4801 posts) -

I gave a friend my copy of the O.F.T.B. album "The Missing D.R. Files" which is hard to come by these days and he wanted to buy it from me earlier this year but we sort of forgot about it. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/d-e-f-

Thanks!

#15 Posted by Zor (653 posts) -
#16 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -
#17 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

I bought a metric fuckton of chocolate for the family, and I picked up a new multitool/knife for my dad. He got me the exact same in response. :D 
I't was actually pretty expensive, I'm usually a bit more cheap when it comes to presents. Steam ID is TobbRobb
Pic:

#18 Edited by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -
#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Very generous of you, I didn't even know that game existed. I'll read your review soon! 

I got.... hm...  
Oh yeah, I got @TaliciaDragonsong a yearly subscription, ahem, as a christmas gift. 

ID: AhmadMetallic

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

I had been waiting for an appropriate game to come along in the steam sales, and finally it has. Just like last year, I'm going to give away a shit-tonne of games. This time, said game will be Solar 2. I wrote a review of it. You should read it. I love that game.

Unlike last year, I am going to instigate some rules:

1.You must have at least 250 posts or 1000 wiki points to be elegible.

2.You have to post something that you got somebody else for christmas. This may or may not impact whether or not you get a copy. I'll be getting a bunch, so don't sweat it too much if you have nothing interesting to put here.

Please include your SteamID.

Nintendoeats

Make it two copies of solar two. I have one for 360 I want you to toss into this contest.  

So yours for steam. And mine for 360.  

IF you are ok with this Nintendoeats Ill PM you da 360 code
#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#22 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Ravenlight: I didn't know that existed. That's...weird...

#23 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
#24 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Got my sister a copy of Just Dance 3. Don't judge me, she was begging me for it!

She was begging me for something too, but it didn't have anything to do with dancing.

Apologies to everyone involved...

#25 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I gave 3 fellow members Magicka.

FlaccidToaster

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@nintendoeats:  Thank you for the game! Your review has me intrigued, installing it now!
#27 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

: Thanks dude. I'm gonna try it out right now.

#28 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

that 360 copy still up for grabs?

#29 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

I'll try and get the 360 version! My gamer tag is StarFoxA.

I got my brother a nice new knife for Christmas (he lost his old knife).

#30 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

I gave my friend The Orange Box and Half Life 1. 

Steam ID: Kookoouchu

#31 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Bought a friend Hard Reset on Steam to say sorry for not getting to talk to him pretty much at all since I started my Job three months ago. Also spent $150 on $25 gift cards at Tim Hortons for various relatives. While technically a birthday gift, his b-day is close to Christmas, I bought a friend the first two Dragon Age Novels to try and get him into reading because I know he would love it if he just got the right books.