More Matthew Rorie in Bombcast ?

• 118 results
sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Poll More Matthew Rorie in Bombcast ? (733 votes)

YES 80%
NO 19%
 • 
SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Dude, what? Who voted No and why?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ravelle

There are some Rorie haters among us.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes please.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every week if possible.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Who voted no?!

Hurvilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever there's a seat to be filled (as in one or more of the regulars are on vacation) Rorie should always fill that seat up.

He doesn't need to be on every week, but he's a great backup!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gs_dan said:

Who voted no?!

Bad people.

loudgeekjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a NO'er. Rally around me!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO'er

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By damodar

Sure, why not? We rocked a five man podcast for a long time and non-subscribers probably don't get much Rorie. Just get him a glass of water, because he seems to clear his throat a lot and it makes me laugh, thinking about how angry it would probably be making some people. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wholeheartedly yes. He adds a bit of energy that the Bombcast has lacked. It's probably something of a backhanded comment to say this, but I say it with absolute love, that Rorie is the lovable, silly, dork of the group. He often makes things unintentionally funny, and it's delightful. The guy just makes me smile.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rorie adds a great perspective that's refreshingly different than the rest. The wider breadth of genres they can cover, the better. Also, he has a great sense of eagerness and curiosity that is pretty lacking from the rest.

I still love Brad, but it seems like on the Bombcast recently his perspective has been mostly being distracted by his phone and dozing off.

Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

Hope he's on more.

I thought he did great and I've always enjoyed him podcasting going back to the Screened days, really suits his style.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti

Absofuckinglutely!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course fuckin' of course.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would love more Rorie. But, if he isn't readily available, I'll accept an Alexis.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Im loving Drew on the bombcast so as long as it dosen't mean that we lose him id love to see Rorie on more often.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time Brad talks on the bombcast he sounds like he doesn't want to be there anyways; blaming his sleepiness/lack of enthusiasm on the food that he just ate. This has been going on for years now. Rorie is a fantastic replacement for Brad.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k9 said:

Every time Brad talks on the bombcast he sounds like he doesn't want to be there anyways; blaming his sleepiness/lack of enthusiasm on the food that he just ate. This has been going on for years now. Rorie is a fantastic replacement for Brad.

Shouldn't have eaten that sandwich.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a natural fit.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absofuckinglutely!

Hellfuckinglutelyyeah

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I'm all the way down. Losing two key members of the Bombcast had me worried. Drew has really stepped up though and made me so happy. People talking of "replace Brad" are insane, but we had a five-man podcast, no reason we can't again.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShaggE

Rorie absolutely killed on this week's episode. More of that would be fantastic.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

He's funny and articulate and plays games the others don't, I think he's a great fit!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grissefar

Yeah, love that man, man.

@marokai said:

Wholeheartedly yes. He adds a bit of energy that the Bombcast has lacked. It's probably something of a backhanded comment to say this, but I say it with absolute love, that Rorie is the lovable, silly, dork of the group. He often makes things unintentionally funny, and it's delightful. The guy just makes me smile.

Yeah, the last Bombcasts without Ryan have sucked a dick, sort of. I Love Rorie's different perspective that you can actually agree with, as well as his random stories and general goofiness. Maybe he could have his own little movie segment. 15 seconds where he tells you about a random movie he recommends.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Rorie is great, he's very knowledgeable, fun-loving and always has high spirits.

Also been loving Drew on the podcast, though its funny, when they do "what'd you do this weekend" and everyone is like "uh i sat around" and Drew has crazy adventures and makes them all feel bad for not doing much.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By leebmx

Really need him on there. I love Drew but I sometimes get bored of listening to him describe F1 or talk about what aircraft carrier he went to. Rorie is lively (LIVELY) plays different games to the rest and is always either intentionally or not saying something funny. The only bad thing about having Rorie on is it make me realise how much I miss Ryan. I always think of them flirting with each other horribly on the live shows.

In summary I am really surprised that when they went for a replacement for Patrick/Ryan they didn't ask Rorie first. Maybe he was too busy or something but I think he adds a lot more than Drew (feel like I am being horrible to him now, he is a lovely guy, but not always that entertaining) and has lots of experience of doing podcasts/this sort of stuff. To be honest I would be quite happy to go back to 5personcast with Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Drew and Rorie

EDIT: Maybe we need to get a petition going on something

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This week's episode was great and I would love to hear more Rorie on the Bombcast, but I imagine he has actual work to do. My worry about the GB crew as a whole is that the jokes and talk about games gets too insular. Mixing in new people once in a while is refreshing.

They haven't done any developer drop-ins lately and besides Dave's random visit a few months ago its been the same group. Everyone just seems a bit exhausted. It would be nice to have new voices even its if just once a month. Whether its just to keep everyone on their toes or give people a week off.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rorie was amazing on the last podcast. I'll admit I'm not too fond of him oftentimes when it comes to the live shows, but he totally fit in with the vibe of the Bombcast.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

he seems to clear his throat a lot and it makes me laugh, thinking about how angry it would probably be making some people. :D

I glad you enjoy my pain. Love me some Matt Rorie, but I just have some irrational pet peeve with things like that. I can't even listen to my local baseball team on the radio anymore, since one of the announcers has taken to sucking on cough drops. IT'S LIKE A TERRIBLE PRISON I'VE BUILT FOR MYSELF!

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scampbell

@ravelle said:

There are some Rorie haters among us.

No Caption Provided

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they need will be needing someone now that brad's leaving, bring on the rorie!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'd appreciate it if he learned how to pronounce words before being given the keys to the city.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be a big Rorie fan in the screened days and even after screened, but since joining Giant Bomb something about him has been off. I mean I'm glad he was on the bombcast this week to kind of change it up (and even though it's not Rorie-related there was only like 1 mention of dota THANK GOD).

I think my problem with Rorie right now is he makes one joke and buries it with over use.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stete

Yep, Rorie should be a podcast regular.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By MEATBALL

Sure, I'd like to see him show up a little more often (I prefer a four-man cast with Jeff, Brad, Vinny & Drew, though). However, one thing I've noticed about Rorie that gets on my nerves a little is that he gets hung up on random details and tends to send conversation veering off-course into a weird, stumbling direction that's often kind of boring. Also groaned on this week's podcast when he got Jeff to recount the videogame crash, it really wasn't needed. These are things that'd probably get better with experience, though, Rorie doesn't seem quite as used to this sort of stuff as the other guys.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We had 5-person podcasts for ages and it was just fine, any time Rorie wants to sit in on the Bombcast is fine with me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Animasta

I think he's better with the podcast than the live shows tbh (though there he has to check the comment feed so it's understandable to be a little distracted)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointing lack of dog talk on this week's Bombcast.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure I wouldn't mind him as a semi-regular member of the bombcast. Actually surprised he hasn't been more often, but I guess he has other work to attend to. I mean, look how on top of that CLANG kickstarter he was. No one else even knew or kept up with it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything we need more Bombcast in Matthew Rorie.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@sub_o said:

@k9 said:

Shouldn't have eaten that sandwich.

Somebody's puttin' a little somethin'-somethin' in Brad's sandwiches...

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even more than the bombcast, I'd love to see him write more for the site. He's always been a favorite writer of mine.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@k9 said:

Let's not forget that his incessant need to remind us everytime the PC is the best platform and that any game not on it looks like garbage. And I used to find it funny, but he continually talks about technology that he has no idea what is coming out of his mouth. And this is where I miss Patrick because he used to play on consoles exclusively and would talk about the game and not how it looks.

The perfect bombcast crew is Jeff, Vinny, Drew and another Vinny.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten

Of course!
Just, let him know before hand that "When we joke just go with the joke. No need to correct everything" and he's golden!

I'm a fan of Rorie so he can stay however long he wants. Even make other podcasts if he feels like it.. wait a minute he does!
IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH!

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please. I really enjoy hearing Rorie's opinions on things. Also, Alpha Protocol was the best game of this generation.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether you like Rorie or not, you have to admit that episode was super lively and fun. Rorie is ready to speak up and get in there. Unlike Brad or Drew who will wait until spoken to pipe up, nothing wrong with that, I enjoy them both but Rorie's style helped the overall show. I would love it if he became a regular member.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Rorie is like ... the giraffe in The Last of Us, you just want to pet it when you see it.