Mortal Fallout..... Waitaminute, WHAT?

SteepInKline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By SteepInKline

So, yeah, hi. It's been awhile. School's been kicking my ass, so I haven't devoted as much time to Giant Bomb as I should.

That all ends........RIGHT NOW!

The last 24 hours have been eaten up mostly by Fallout 3. I've made it deep into the Capitol, and am currently looking for that damn satellite dish for Three Dog.....

My opinion of the game? It's pretty rad. I've never played a Fallout game before, so excuse me when I say that Fallout 3 reminds me a lot of BioShock, only in some ways it's better and in some ways it's worse. The V.A.T.S system is genius, and the story is awesome. At times, parts of the game remind me of The Stand, Stephen King's novel about the post-apocalypse.

However, the game does have its share of bugs. For one, I share a love-hate relationship with the autosave-every-time-you-walk-through-a-door feature. It can be useful sometimes, but it generally gets one into trouble, the kind of trouble that ends in a death loop.

This afternoon, I picked up Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. It, like Fallout 3, is pretty rad.
I marathoned through the MK side of the Story Mode, only to find an interesting bug: though the game gives you an achievement for beating Chapter 1, 3, 5, and 7 respectively, I only got the points for Chapters 1 and 7. I don't know why that happened. I'll play through it again to make sure, but if it keeps happening, Midway and I are gonna have a talk.

Other than cheating me out of points, the game is awesome.

Oh, crap! Look at the time! It's Sunday night, and I have school in the morning!

Till next time, I'm SteepInKline, fading to black. I'll catch ya later!

SteepInKline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SteepInKline

So, yeah, hi. It's been awhile. School's been kicking my ass, so I haven't devoted as much time to Giant Bomb as I should.

That all ends........RIGHT NOW!

The last 24 hours have been eaten up mostly by Fallout 3. I've made it deep into the Capitol, and am currently looking for that damn satellite dish for Three Dog.....

My opinion of the game? It's pretty rad. I've never played a Fallout game before, so excuse me when I say that Fallout 3 reminds me a lot of BioShock, only in some ways it's better and in some ways it's worse. The V.A.T.S system is genius, and the story is awesome. At times, parts of the game remind me of The Stand, Stephen King's novel about the post-apocalypse.

However, the game does have its share of bugs. For one, I share a love-hate relationship with the autosave-every-time-you-walk-through-a-door feature. It can be useful sometimes, but it generally gets one into trouble, the kind of trouble that ends in a death loop.

This afternoon, I picked up Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. It, like Fallout 3, is pretty rad.
I marathoned through the MK side of the Story Mode, only to find an interesting bug: though the game gives you an achievement for beating Chapter 1, 3, 5, and 7 respectively, I only got the points for Chapters 1 and 7. I don't know why that happened. I'll play through it again to make sure, but if it keeps happening, Midway and I are gonna have a talk.

Other than cheating me out of points, the game is awesome.

Oh, crap! Look at the time! It's Sunday night, and I have school in the morning!

Till next time, I'm SteepInKline, fading to black. I'll catch ya later!

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Jensonb

Hmm, you're right. We should go to bed

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By The_Icon

Fallout 3 must be addicting... i so would have bought this game if it was patched.