• 121 results
#1 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

For me it's MGS3:snake eater.no question.

i own the vanilla version for ps2 and the subtience for ps2,the 3DS version, as part of the HD collection and im getting ready to buy it again for my Vita.

Thats FIVE versions of one game. yes, i know thats fucking ridiculous but i love me some metal gear!

#2 Edited by Demoskinos (14574 posts) -

Do digital copies count? Because if so I have 3 copies of Fallout 3. I should clarify and say... one Digital PC copy, Ps3 Collectors edition and 360.

EDIT: Oh yeah...how could I forget I also own technically 4 copies of Dragon Age Origins. Ps3 Collectors, 360 Ultimate Edition, PC Ultimate edition and PC Digital Deluxe

#3 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

I believe I own four or five copies of Oblivion.

#4 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I don't own more than two copies of anything.

#5 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Demoskinos:

didnt think of that. well damn, that bumps resident evil 2 up to like four or five.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I own 1 of all my games.

#7 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

I own 3 copies of Alan Wake. The Xbox 360 Collector's Edition, the regular edition and on the special verrsion of the pc.

#8 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

4 Ocarina of Time copies , I don't know why .

#9 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

I have 5 copies of Batman Arkham City... No idea why.

#10 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

I have two copies of MGS3.

#11 Posted by Dimsey (948 posts) -

There are a whole bunch of games that I own two copies of for playing multiplayer with my bro. 
But there are some unnecessary duplicates.... 

For instance I have two copies of Splatterhouse. 
I bought one. But then won another in random drawing that I entered myself in because I never actually expect to win those things. 

I have two copies of GTA IV, bought under the impression that it had System Link capabilities. But was wrong. 
Now we've got good enough Internet that we don't even care about that anymore, but we never went back to play GTA IV multiplayer together so I suppose it was unnecessary. 

Got multiple copies of Super Meat Boy thanks to various bundles and such.  Same with World of Goo and probably a couple other games.

#12 Posted by arjybarjy (92 posts) -

I currently have 2 copies of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for Gamecube. I accidentally bought it a second time for less than £5. My friend owns another two and we try to sneak our copies into each other's collection when we visit.

I was told (not sure if joking) I may be getting a crate full of them on my birthday.

Also I have Super Meat Boy on 360, Steam and Physical PC (for the t-shirt).

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7052 posts) -

2 copies of Super Meat Boy. One on Xbox, another on pc from a humble bundle a while back.

#14 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Persona 3, P3FES, P3 Portable. Does that count?

#15 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

3 copies of RE4. (GameCube, PS2, 360)

#16 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory? I have the PS2 version, the PC version and the collection for PC.

Or, I don't know if it counts, but I have SF4 for PC, SSF4 for both Xbox 360 and PS3 and SSF4AE for PS3. I was also at one point contemplating buying AE for PC.

#17 Posted by bobafettjm (1407 posts) -

I have somewhere in the area of 8-10 copies of Mario Bros./Duck Hunt on the NES.

#18 Posted by MachoFantastico (4503 posts) -

At one point I owned three copies of Grand Theft Auto 4. PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Since sold PS3 version and still own the other two. 

To be fair I was given the PS3 version by a friend. 

#19 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Plants vs. Zombies... yup. I first bought it from the Pop Cap store, then the iOS version, the PS3 version when it was on sale for PS+ and finally the steam version when it was on sale. I don't know why I got it 4 times but hopefully I made Jeff Green proud.

#20 Posted by Bait003 (36 posts) -

final fantasy 1 on nes, gba and ps1

#21 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I own 3 copys of Dreamfall: the longest Journey, not because its a good game but because it looks like a cool idea.

#22 Posted by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

TES 4: Oblivion. I have bought that game four times: first for the Xbox 360, then when the Xbox stopped reading the disk I assumed it was something wrong with the disk and bought another copy (it turned out to be the Xbox that was wacky). Then I ended up buying the game another time for the PC, for the mods and such. Lastly I bought the game on Steam last year, because a) I didn't have the game on Steam, b) because it came with the expansions, and c) because it was dirt cheap.  

The fun part? I probably played it the most on that first copy. Also, I've got two of them septims!

#23 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Probably some indie game I picked up through all the Humble Bundles and Indie Royale bundles. Braid and World of Goo come to mind.

#24 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -

I believe I own about 7 or 8 copies of Shaq Fu. Mostly as a result of a bad joke between my friends.

#25 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

I believe I have 3 copies of Super Meat Boy...might have 4 thou.

#26 Posted by D_W (1128 posts) -

At one point I had three copies of Tetris for the NES.

#27 Posted by spree4567 (138 posts) -

I think I have 5 copies of Peggle between various platforms

#28 Posted by Damodar (1302 posts) -

I have SF4 and SSF4 on PS3 and SF4 and SSF4AE on PC, so if that counts, I guess 4.

#29 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -
#30 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I own four copies of Devil May Cry 4, PC, PS3, 360 and the collectors edition.

#31 Posted by HarlechQuinn (444 posts) -

Lazy as I am I'll just post my answer from a similar thread:

"- Super Meat Boy (360, Steam & Boxed version)

- Psychonauts (XBox & PC)

- Costume Quest (360 & PC)

- Space Invaders Infinity Gene (iPhone & PS3)

- Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 & PS3)

- Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale (all), Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 (plus addons), Temple of Elemental Evil (Boxed & GOG version)

- Neverwinter Nights 2 (Boxed & Steam version)

- Bastion (360 & PC)

- Crayon Physics (PC & iPhone)

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Boxed & Steam version)

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS1 & PS2 version, this game was the reason to switch from PS1 to PS2 as the PS1 version was utter garbage... and MGS 2 of course)

- Aquaria (Bought it directly from the developer and later on received it again as a Steam version through one of the Humble Bundles)

- Orange Box (360 & PC)

There are even more but I'll stop with the list here and those were the first ones which came to my mind.

Reasons... Sometimes to support the developers and in case of old PC stuff it's out of convenience as it's easier to run the GOG stuff than setting up DosBox to make the boxed versions run well..."

#32 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 Xbox 360
Mass Effect 1 Collectors Edition Xbox 360
Mass Effect 1 PC 
Mass Effect 1 Classic edition.

#33 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

Mine are

Burnout Paradise (2x Xbox, 1x PC, and 1xPS3)

Saints Row 2 (I own 3x Xbox copies, but one is at a friends house. I have bought 2 others for other friends though.)

Plants vs Zombies (PC, iOS, and Xbox)

Borderlands (2x Xbox, PC)

Note: some of these were rebought to get my girlfriend to be able to play them with me.

#34 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

Hmm probably the original Metal Gear Solid (I have the PS1 discs, the Gamecube remake, another copy of the PS1 game that came with the PS2 MGS collection, and I have it on PSN). I also have the first Resident Evil in the PS1 version, GC remake, and Nintendo DS version. That's probably about it as far as duplicates go.

#35 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I own 4 copies of Far Cry 2, for some reason. I have the PS3 digital download, an Xbox physical copy, a PC physical copy, and a Steam download. And I really don't even care for the game that much.

#36 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Like two PC and two Xbox copies of GTA IV, and like others here, I really don't know why.

#37 Posted by Consaw (250 posts) -

I have:

4 copies of Legend of Zelda( NES, Gameboy, Wii and 3DS)

3 copies of Ocarina of time (Nintendo 64, Wii and 3DS)

4 copies of Chrono Trigger (SNES, Wii, DS and IOS)

3 copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum, because points.

and 2 copies of Borderlands because I found the game of the year edition cheaper than buying all the DLC.

#38 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

I own possibly 4 copies of the same sonic. (Genisis version, Genisis collection for the wii, Genisis Sonic Anniversary (every sonic game) for the wii, collection for the xbox 360)

#39 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -

I own two copies of Oblivion and two "copies" of Super Meat Boy but I'm pretty sure that's it. 

#40 Posted by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

I have 3 Copies of MGS3, 3 Copies of Resident Evil 4 and 3 copies of Persona 3. Alot of 3's there. O_O

#41 Posted by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -

3 copies of Halo Reach

- Bought one

- 2 from a Microsoft beta test ( boot-leg looking disc & download code)

#42 Edited by EpicBenjamin (624 posts) -

5 of RE 4.

#43 Edited by Digiwth (149 posts) -

I think I somehow own 3 different copies of Raven Shield and Athena's Sword. I have the physical copies, some non-steam digital copies and the steam copies.

#44 Posted by shadowdrone (69 posts) -

I own 2 copies of Half-Life, (one PC one PS2) two copies of Eternal Darkness (because, hey) and technically 4 copies of Half-Life 2. (Original release, a copy of the Orange box on disc, Collector's edition on disc, and a giftable copy on Steam)

#45 Edited by Colt45 (54 posts) -

I had to think about this one for a minute (good question), but I think I have more copies of Super Mario Bros. in my collection than anything else. I have the stand-alone NES game, the Duck Hunt/Mario pack-in NES game, Super Mario All-Stars for the Snes (which, obviously, includes Super Mario Bros.), a Virtual Console version of Super Mario Bros., and the 25th Anniversary Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii. Whew, what's that, 5 Super Mario Bros. in all? I make myself sick.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Super Mario Bros. for the GBA. 6 copies total. Gross. I'm going to go cry in the shower now. Thanks internet.

#46 Posted by OldGuy (1516 posts) -

6 copies of Psychonauts (and it'd be seven if they added yet another copy to my Steam account from the Humble Bundle V).

#47 Edited by supermonkey122 (813 posts) -

I have Twilight Princess for Gamecube and Wii, and Ocarina of Time for N64, 3DS, and Gamecube.

#48 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

I think I have Resident Evil 4 for everything it has come out for which is like everything.

#49 Posted by Fearbeard (824 posts) -

In terms of multiple copies on the same system and the same format (physical discs) then probably Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Xbox 360. I bought it originally, then I got a copy when I bought a new Xbox 360 so I have 2 discs for the same game.

On PC there are a number of games that I have physical copies of that I also bought a digital copy of, and there are a number of games that I own on the Xbox 360 that I also own on the PC (steam sales.)

#50 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

DMC3, GTA 4, or MW2.