Killzone 2.........FUCK YOU RICO.....

Cutebrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Cutebrute

I'm actually going to choose the 2008 Prince of Persia reboot. While I sort of liked the narrative ending and what it meant, I thought that as a game ending it failed miserably. The entire game had an open structure and could be played how you wanted in any order and then at the end it forces you down one very strict path that many wouldn't have taken if they're were the Prince, therefore killing the immersion. I also thought UbiSoft Montrael was stupid in giving it a cliffhanger ending when anyone could have told them that the game wouldn't sell. Now we have an upsetting, cliffhanger ending which will never be resolved due to poor decisions at the studio and poor sales everywhere else.
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By kingclaw

Bioshock. It was the first game from this generation I purchased (in 2009) after hearing all the praise it got. Was a total letdown.

EDIT: Hey just realize we are talking about endings here, Then forget Bioshck, cause all the game was dissapointing.
 If I have to chose a disappionting final then it is THUG 2. Belive me traveling tru time and space just to get to hell waiting for someting awesome to happen, and just getting a dancing devil is pretty disappointing.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Cornman89

Definitely Assassin's Creed.

Final Fantasy VIII's was also pretty disappointing, but you could say that about the whole third act of the story.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Any Mega Man game. I keep hoping that Mega Man will just kill Dr. Wily and be done with it..............

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the ending of Halo: Reach on YouTube and it was kind of  "meh".

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By agentboolen
@RE_Player92 said:

" @agentboolen said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" Resident Evil 5. It felt like they realized the story was so stupid they tried to wrap it all up in one game. "

Still don't know why they connected RE4 with everything in this series during RE5!!  I really liked the idea of RE4 was a new start.  RE5 was good fun for the co-op but trying to stitch up every little thing in RE series was a big mistake, it got to the point I didn't even care when I found something I had to read.  RE4 and RE5 should have been a new story, no umbrella corporation needed. "
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. RE4 showed us that hey zombies don't have to be directly connected to Umbrella all the time. Than RE5 comes out and all those notes and story link it to it originating from like the Las Plagas. It felt like MGS4 syndrome, last game in the story and we need to wrap up every single thing and  
  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
"
  Yep and the worst thing is the whole time during that game I felt like the RE4 creators never meant to have there story be apart of the Umbrella story line, it just felt so forced!  I really did have fun with it in co-op but they really did screw up the story big time.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By bhhawks78

Both Uncharted games

Zombies/yetis/blue people/special power boss.

WTF NAUGHTY DOG.  You make something great and what?  Get so tired from working hard you just decide to intentionally take a shit on it?

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By squirtle_squad
@Three0neFive: 
Isn't that a little spoiler-ish?
I agree that ending was very disappointing.

also that guy that mentioned SC2 just ruined it for me... stupid me for entering this thread...
Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ghil

I don't know if it was said, but Mario 2, US version. It's all a dream, you fools.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By jorbear

As much I love this game... 

No Caption Provided
KOTOR II had a lackluster ending that did not do justice to the wonderful game that it was up until that point.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@RE_Player92:
Resident Evil 5 is just a terrible game period.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By Snipzor

Beyond Good and Evil obviously, seriously, that shit was just dumb. Maybe I was just frustrated though.

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ghil

Kotor 2 doesn't count, the real ending is buried into the CD. they didn't get the time to finish the game ;)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By xyzygy

Ironically, I thought that the ending to 2008 PoP was amazing as well as the entire game. The best in the series.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock lost its luster for me pretty quickly. I guess that's not fair, really, because you're asking (I'm assuming) for worst conclusion in a game, whereas the last--oh--like four hours of Bioshock was a real drag, not specifically limited to the concluding sequence itself. 

In terms of closing scenes and disappointment, I've got to go with Halo 2.  

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By agentboolen
@Ghil said:
" I don't know if it was said, but Mario 2, US version. It's all a dream, you fools. "
Besides Zelda 2 that game disappointed me so much.  It just didn't feel at all like Super Mario Bros.  Thanks for bringing back bad memories...  What a waste of $50!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By Claude

Fallout 3, that was just dumb, dumb, dumb.  And I'm done? ... just dumb. DLC? Fuck you.

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ghil
@agentboolen said:
" @Ghil said:
" I don't know if it was said, but Mario 2, US version. It's all a dream, you fools. "
Besides Zelda 2 that game disappointed me so much.  It just didn't feel at all like Super Mario Bros.  Thanks for bringing back bad memories...  What a waste of $50! "
Since it wasn't a Mario game, but a reskinned DokiDoki Panic...it's kind of normal it didn't feel like a Mario game ;)
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By one_2nd

Wasn't a fan of Fallout 3's. 

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#71  Edited By gla55jAw

Fallout 3. I think I got stuck in the subway system and stopped playing. Maybe I'll go back one day.

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ghil

Fallout 3 without Brotherhood of Steel is a lame ending. With it, it's a way better experience ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game that always comes to mind is Psi-Ops... it just suddenly rolls the credits like at the end of a tv show cliffhanger. Couldn't they have just extended it a minute more? Show us anything? Maybe an explosion? Whatever...
GTA4: The Lost and D***** Episode: It just suddenly ends... did I skip over somthing or was the games story just that lame?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Snipzor
@TheRealMoot said:
"

The first game that always comes to mind is Psi-Ops... it just suddenly rolls the credits like at the end of a tv show cliffhanger. Couldn't they have just extended it a minute more? Show us anything? Maybe an explosion? Whatever...
GTA4: The Lost and D***** Episode: It just suddenly ends... did I skip over somthing or was the games story just that lame?

"
The endings of all GTA games were meant to leave you feeling empty and unsure. Also, Psi-Ops had a horrid ending.
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By Faint

borderlands

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ghil
@Faint said:
" borderlands "
that too. Hated the end.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#77  Edited By gingertastic_10

I've never hated a ending to any game I've played. I always find something to enjoy in all of them.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Junkerman

Mass Effect 2, probably one of the greatest games ever crafted... but then you fight a human reaper (wtf?) but its still 1/10th the size of regular reapers... and all of those captured humans were being liquefied into that?  It would have been more exciting if the collectors used the human goo to bake brownies.  Then Shepard and his two side kicks shoot its eyes for a few seconds and it dies, the end.

**edit**
Actually, Borderlands.

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ghil

@Gingertastic_10: What is good in the ending of Mario 2?

shamroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By shamroll

Fear 2:  After the ending I was like "Did my character just get raped by a demonic girl?" 

Borderlands:  I loved the main part of the game and after defeating the "Boss" I was really disappointed. 

Fallout 3:  It felt like they tried to have some heartfelt ending where your character sacrifices himself for the greater good, like Spock dying in Wrath of Khan.  But they failed miserably.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MiniPato

Common answer, but I can't remember an ending that left me more underwhelmed than Halo 2's.

Yeah let's finish the fight!
-Cut to credits
in a couple years...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Brendan
@Cutebrute:
About the poor sales...y'know that game sold a few million copies, right?
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@jaffaz: I agree with you, the end boss was so damn easy and boring.
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dantekiller said:
" dark cloud "
I never finished that, What happened, I'd like to know please?
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Bionicicide

K&L2:DD - Pretty uneventful considering the gruesome scenes before and can't help but think the real ending might end up as DLC.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#86  Edited By Sin4profit

System Shock 2; "nah"

Beechbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By Beechbone

I'm astonished that some people name BioShock. For me it was just the contrary, like one of the very best endings in video game history.    But I'm with you on Fallout 3. Well, majority of the storyline was lame and the ending was just a nail to the coffin, especially comparing to super awesome ending of Fallout 1 ;)

ky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ky326

GOW 3
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Gta 4

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#90  Edited By Chocobodude3

PoP 2009, everything you did was for nothing 

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91  Edited By Dantekiller
@Agent47CSim2: he like saves a price i guess and then all the people you meet in the game just go there separate ways like oh ok so we did this lets go home cya... they could have added some more to the ending than that 
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

It's a tie between Fable II and Fallout 3, in my opinion.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By vidiot
@Cornman89 said:

" Definitely Assassin's Creed.  Final Fantasy VIII's was also pretty disappointing, but you could say that about the whole third act of the story. "

It would have been better if the characters could speak and explain that whole...thing...at the end in which I have read like, three different explanations over what Squall was going through. 
Ah!Out-of-focus faces! 

Good god. Bioshock? Perhaps people's opinions of the generic ending is a testament of the quality of the rest of the story. Bioshock is defiantly one of my last choices. Especially given the cornucopia of other choices.  

• KOTOR 2: Didn't have an ending due to the game being not finished.
  • Halo 2: "Finish the Fight!". That's all I gotta say. It's laughable.  
  • Fallout 3: Enough people hated it to the point that the added DLC actually changed the ending.
  • Heart of the Alien: Little-known sequel to Out of This World. Dude, they killed Lester. Why? Who knows.
  • Alone in the Dark: Yeah. The first very one. The ending bites trust me.
  • Myst: "I can't do shit for you cause I'm busy writing stuff. Guess your stuck here. Wait for the sequel or something."
  • Prince of Persia: I've heard the DLC kinda remedied it.
  • Killzone 2: Hey that uninteresting character, killed that other uninteresting character, and now the generic army is being attacked by the evil generic army. I guess you'll have to wait for a sequel to see how all this uninteresting shit is going to go down.
  • Modern Warfare 2: Yay! No resolution whatsoever with the main bad guy! Real bad guy was the obvious commander who spends the final moments spouting nonsense! Wait. Were going to escape via helicopter? Hope that thing has fuel.
  • Final Fantasy I: Yes. The very first game. It involves time-travel, and apparently no one knows you saved the world because of that. Hooray?
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ghostiet

Grand Theft Auto IV. It's spoilerific, so watch out.

GTA games in general have a problem with stories and moral questions - Four is a prime example. The ending isn't rushed, but it wasn't given enough thought.

First, there's the fact that there is no motivation for Niko to continue his hunt for Darko after he finishes the United Liberty Paper arc (before Gravelli comes to play). It's clear that these guys are a part of a bigger picture, which will be clearly more capable to find his target than a Cossa Nostra-wannabe group. He's supposed to just wait for info. While it's understandable why he works for the Pegorinos - he needs cash and he could have problems working for other crime families, as he spends half of the game fucking them up - but his constant nagging about Darko doesn't make any sense anymore.

Two, Kate is a superficial character. First, there's no real way to attach yourself to her if you're not dating her - it's much easier with Roman, even if you don't hang out with him (which everyone can understand, Goddamn), as you can call him after some missions to hear his insight and most importantly, he's with you for most of the game's missions and cut-scenes. He's also a clearly better written character - he's consistent. Kate, in the contrary, is basically shown outside dating in a few occasions, where there's really nothing big about her for Niko to fall for her. Also, while during cut-scenes she comes as someone who could steal Bellic's heart, there's the problem with her dialogue during dates. She doesn't come as anyone interesting. She sounds bored and oblivious why she's doing it. There's no apparent thing about her that would force you to give a shit, and there's nothing that really explains why Niko has a certain relationship with her. That's not the problem with the rest of the McReary's - it's clear why Niko has a concrete opinion about them. Patrick is a darker than he let's go, he's funny and has a mindset typical to Niko. Gerry loves him family, as Niko does. Derrick is a destroyed addict, so Niko feels pity for him - also, he's stoked on revenge, just like the Serbian. Francis is a total hypocrite and dick, but there's a motivation for Niko to work for him and hate him. Kate, none of it.

This makes the Revenge ending less moving - a character you couldn't possibly give a shit about dies. The direction is great, so is the dialogue, but it's hard to care. When Roman dies it's much more touching. Rockstar screwed up - Kate should either get more screen time, or you should be able to take any of your girlfriends to the wedding.

Three, the game spends a lot of time introducing the friends system and relations between Niko and Roman, Jacob, Brucie, Dwayne and Packie. Jacob and possibly Roman are with you during the ending bits. The rest is not. While the optional nature of Dwayne makes it understandable, there's no excuse for Brucie and Packie. When I saw the helicopter, I thought Jacob/Roman managed to get Brucie to fly it down there, as he would have a motive for it - while dumb as fuck, he considers Niko and Roman good friends. But no, they've took it out of their asses for no damn reason. Next - why the fuck Packie isn't with you when you are chasing Pegorino in Out of Commission (it's a great title, by the way)? It makes no sense.

Also, why are you not able to call Jacob, Packie and Dwayne for help during the Revenge arc? It would make a good addition and it MAKES SENSE.

To me, the moral choices only made the game less coherent. Good thing they've probably realized that and settled for a linear story in Red Dead Redemption. Its ending makes a hell of a lot more impact, it's very coherent and it fits everything you do in the game. It's a punch to the balls, and it works, either you hate it or love it.

Still, not everything about the ending is messed up, as Rockstar did a great job when giving you the kill or deal dilemma. Especially since it happens shortly after you choose the fate of Darko Brevic - both choices are designed to make you lean towards the Deal ending when that decision comes to play, which is a great move.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jimbo

I kinda liked Borderlands' ending :( 

I didn'tlike RDR's ending at all, but it still doesn't deserve to come up in this conversation.  At least it has an ending, and one which they apparently gave some thought to, which already makes it better than most games.

Fable 2 is a pretty good shout.  The end of that is truly awful.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By eric_buck
@Ghostiet: Haha, after I got married to Kate (and I hadn't dated her at all) I called her up for a date and tried to "come in for a coffee" and she said "Niko, we're just friends.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#97  Edited By ProfessorEss

edit: oops misread the question... thinking.

I can't think of any in particular, generally speaking most video game endings are pretty weak.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#98  Edited By JTB123

Halo 2 definitely gets my vote.

I will never forget that feeling after hearing "finishing this fight!", the screen fading out, sitting up in my chair expecting the final level to be on the ship be faced with ridiculous odds level to wrap things up until the next one and then BAM

Credits....

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By bwmcmaste

Rogue Warrior: For not having ended immediately after I installed it.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By Liquidus

@agentboolen said:
" @RE_Player92 said:

" @agentboolen said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" Resident Evil 5. It felt like they realized the story was so stupid they tried to wrap it all up in one game. "

Still don't know why they connected RE4 with everything in this series during RE5!!  I really liked the idea of RE4 was a new start.  RE5 was good fun for the co-op but trying to stitch up every little thing in RE series was a big mistake, it got to the point I didn't even care when I found something I had to read.  RE4 and RE5 should have been a new story, no umbrella corporation needed. "
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. RE4 showed us that hey zombies don't have to be directly connected to Umbrella all the time. Than RE5 comes out and all those notes and story link it to it originating from like the Las Plagas. It felt like MGS4 syndrome, last game in the story and we need to wrap up every single thing and  
  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
"
  Yep and the worst thing is the whole time during that game I felt like the RE4 creators never meant to have there story be apart of the Umbrella story line, it just felt so forced!  I really did have fun with it in co-op but they really did screw up the story big time. "
Really? I liked how the story was laid out in RE4. I was more a side story, sort of Leon Kennedy's epilogue showing the aftermath of Umbrella's fall. I think the references and recurring characters in RE4 was great fan service. It's also cool how Wesker had an ominous shadow over the whole game. Now, RE5 was something completely different. I hated the ending, it just seems they stopped caring about the fans and it was just plain stupid(ending boss fight in a volcano, for a Resident Evil game? Riiiiight). It doesn't help the story that they completely ruined Wesker's character making him all Matrixy and invincible, sure he had super human strength in RE:Code Veronica but dodging bullets and teleporting took it a little to far for me. Also, they never explained who Ada was really working for? It wasn't Wesker because she sent him a fake sample. So, who was it?