Recently? Kane and Lynch 2.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By DrRandle

Infamous was by FAR the most disappointing game ending ever. I joked about that ending being a possibility, and could not have been more disappointed to found out that it actually was. Also that last boss fight was just dumb. Making me spend an entire game building up abilities when my pea-shooter was the most effective. Just dumb.

ry0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By ry0wn

The most named games in this thread are some of my favorites... Bioshock, Fallout 3, Borderlands; I thought they were all good, but maybe it's just because the games themselves were amazing to me.

For newer games, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Half Life 2 (played it last year, thought it was REALLY boring and long), Left 4 Dead 2, and Dead Rising. And Condemned 2, but that whole game is shit anyway. I also heard the ending to Just Cause 2 was stupid, something about landing on airborne nukes and using an on-site computer to relocate it's destination.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By delta_ass

Assassin's Creed. Fuck that ending.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By eldestrisk

Contra III. o_O

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By Vorbis

Bad Endings:

• Borderlands - Spent the whole game being told about the wonderful loot in the Vault, so what was in the Vault?  Tentacles.
  • Fallout 3 - Charon wouldn't shut down the reactor.
  • Mass Effect 2 - The whole "human repear" was so contrived.

Good Endings:
  • Nier - Total mindfuck.
  • Darksiders - Seeing the other horsemen arrive gave me goosebumps.
  • MGS4 - Microwave Snake.
Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Hairy_Fish

KOTOR 2... God awful.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Okami. It sorta left things open to a sequel but Clover's gone and it will never have a proper sequel. My most disappointing ending ever.
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By JoeyRavn

Metroid Prime 2. After hours and hours of forcing myself to finish this game, it ends with some Luminoths clapping and Samus walking away, as if she didn't need the clapping. And "some" people are now complaining that her personality has been utterly destroyed by Other M... *sigh* The "extended ending" added 10 seconds of footage with little explanation, just to tell everyone that there would a second sequel. 

Gosh, I hate that game.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#111  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Red Dead Redemption, it was a bad ending because John should never have died :( I hate Jack. 
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By c1337us
@Meteora said:
" Assassin's Creed. "
1 & 2. Assassins Creed series is quickly becoming the M Night Shymalan of video games. That first twist worked out well for them now they seem like that they want to do stupid, wackier shit every time now that ruins the game. And the games aren't quite good enough to hold up to that. Also there is a weird amount of Bioshock hate in this thread. Is it just cool to hate on Bioshock now? The latter part of the game wasn't the strongest but it was fine. Worst ending ever? Hardly.
gnosisispower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By gnosisispower

Halo ODST's Firefight mode (not the campaign, which I enjoyed - freaky, eh?). Nowt wrong with the concept (the 30 secs of Halo fun in an infinite loop) but without keeping hi-scores for each stage and difficulty level it kinda fell flat pretty quick. What's the point in a high-score game when hi-scores aren't fully recorded? Rainbow Six did the whole thing better with Terrorist Hunt mode - clear out an environment of X amount of enemies to win. The only way to finish Firefight was to die. Always came away deflated because of that.

Oh, Heavy Rain too - loved Indigo Prophecy btw :)

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114  Edited By meteora
@c1337us said:
" @Meteora said:
" Assassin's Creed. "
1 & 2. Assassins Creed series is quickly becoming the M Night Shymalan of video games. That first twist worked out well for them now they seem like that they want to do stupid, wackier shit every time now that ruins the game. And the games aren't quite good enough to hold up to that. Also there is a weird amount of Bioshock hate in this thread. Is it just cool to hate on Bioshock now? The latter part of the game wasn't the strongest but it was fine. Worst ending ever? Hardly. "
Never said it was the worst ending ever. It was the most disappointing ending for me though. I can't quite recall there being any other games that had a bad ending. 

Well, maybe except for Tales of Vesperia. That ending was disappointing.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By TheFreeMan
@JoeyRavn:  To be honest, I thought that was a pretty suitable ending. The way she just waves as if to say "all in a day's work" made me laugh. After the first Prime's ending I wasn't really expecting much. I mean, without wads of text or some voiced dialogue that they didn't put in until Prime 3, I couldn't think of a way for them to make a fulfilling ending in any way so I guess my expectations weren't particularly high.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By SumDeus
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Fallout 3 "
sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By sparks50

Fahrenheit, or Indigo prophecy as it was called in America. Thats the predecessor to Heavy Rain for you kids.

It was more the entire second half of the game rather than just the ending. 
It started out great, but when they pumped the hero with superpowers, and made it all a cheap Matrix clone, I lost my interests for it. 

They seem to have learned their lesson in HR though.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Karl_Boss

Halo 2

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119  Edited By vendetta

Borderlands.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Bwast
@sparks50 said:

" Fahrenheit, or Indigo prophecy as it was called in America. Thats the predecessor to Heavy Rain for you kids.  It was more the entire second half of the game rather than just the ending.  It started out great, but when they pumped the hero with superpowers, and made it all a cheap Matrix clone, I lost my interests for it.   They seem to have learned their lesson in HR though. "

This. I remember booing at my screen multiple times.
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By JoeyRavn
@Bwast said:
" @sparks50 said:

" Fahrenheit, or Indigo prophecy as it was called in America. Thats the predecessor to Heavy Rain for you kids.  It was more the entire second half of the game rather than just the ending.  It started out great, but when they pumped the hero with superpowers, and made it all a cheap Matrix clone, I lost my interests for it.   They seem to have learned their lesson in HR though. "

This. I remember literally booing the computer screen when  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
"
I can't see those spoilers (funny little bugs of the Whiskey Media forums :), but I wholly agree with you nevertheless. The game began as a great mystery-thriller-adventure story, but the second half of the game was complete crap.
MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By MisterMollusk
@blazerx9x: HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE FIST FIGHTING THE POPE???
LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#123  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Zone of the Enders 

Seriously, has anyone here even played that game??

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By evanbrau

Assassins Creed 2. I hate the entire Animus thing and much prefer that the games would just be loosely connected tales of assassins in various historical settings but since it's a game they had to tack on some science fiction sub-Matrix bullshit. There should have been no boss fight or anything after the final assassination at all if you ask me, ruined what could have been a fantastic ending and turned it into a ridiculous and confusing mess.

Honourable mentions must go to Fahrenheit (what the holy fuck did you do to the second half of your game guys?) and Borderlands since the final boss glitched and just sat there while I plinked away at him.

Avatar image for holdenmcgreen11
holdenmcgreen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By holdenmcgreen11

Borderlands. Giant vagina monster and then...nothing. Definitely the most awkwardly abrupt ending I've ever seen.

seitanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By seitanic

Soul Reaver. 

Not just a cliff hanger, but a "OH SHIT WE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO COME UP WITH AN ENDING AND NEED TO END THE GAME RIGHT THE FUCK NOW" cliffhanger.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By finstern
@LiquidSaiyan3: Amazing game, but incredibly short. I finished it in one sitting and the ending was kinda like they meant the whole thing to be episodic and then I only heard they made a second one recently but its hard to find a copy now :|
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NTM

Yep, Fallout 3. People can argue it's not supposed to be about the ending of the game because they want you to go on with the missions. But still, it needed a good ending.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#129  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Halo 2. 
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#130  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Fable 2's ending is astoundingly anticlimactic. It's all tension and buildup, and then after that stupid dream sequence, you shoot an old man and are given 3 equally superfluous choices. Yep. 
Other candidates include:
Halo 2. Self Explanitory. 
Fallout 3. Once again, kind of self-explanatory, not to mention nobody likes still pictures and voiceovers as a means to explain the outcomes of all your actions.
KotOR 2, although saying that it has an ending might be stretching it. The leaps of logic required to accept what has happened, when combined with everything being cut out anyways create a perfectly disappointing endgame to an already disappointing sequel. 
The first Assassin's Creed. Once again, the concept of an ending is actually stretching it.  
Oh, and I would say that the last leg of Bioshock is pretty lame too. Basically everything after you kill Andrew Ryan.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#131  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I found the Fallout 3 ending disappointing. I basically tried to do the Fawkes thing like Jeff and got pissed off when it didn't work. 

Apart from that I've never really found an ending to a game disappointing. There have been endings I didn't like. But not liking an ending and having it be disappointing aren't always the same thing.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132  Edited By BigBoss1911

That fucking Halo 2 cliffhanger

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By FunExplosions

Beat Bioshock very recently. That's definitely the most disappointing ending I can think of.

I realize the game's been out for awhile, so I'll hide my criticisms in a spoiler tag.

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By LibraryDues

An obvious pick, but put me down for Halo 2.  After all the anticipation, that game's campaign really left a sour taste in my mouth.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#135  Edited By tourgen

I thought Fallout 3 was O.K., nothing special but not a bad ending.
 Borderlands was BAD.  Yes, very bad.  But not as bad ad Mass Effect 2.

I laughed at my TV at the ending of Mass Effect 2.  No it wasn't a good laugh.  It was the kind of laugh after you've had a enthralling 30 minute conversation with this kinda hot, smart girl.  And then she eats a handful of her own poo, and you realize you're high as hell and she's a zoo monkey in a unicorn costume.  What?  Exactly.  That was the plot of ME2.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mesklinite
@jaffaz:

Bioshock. Seriously, the game was great, but last boss was such a let down.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By mordukai

Fable 2 followed by Bioshock. 

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MadeinFinland

Force Unleashed 2 had a pretty shitty ending, but I doubt there's much out there that could beat Fallout 3.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm shocked by a lot of these choices. I'd strongly disagree with many of them.

Anyway, since this one is freshest in my memory, I gotta say that Limbo's ending sucked balls. Not to mention that the game ended way too soon and was just way overhyped in general.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#140  Edited By monkeyking1969

Tomb Raider #1  :  The whole last 1/5 drags but at the very end you slide down a dark ramp in a pyramid.  Then the ending stops to ask you if you want to save... (WTF) and then finally you see Lara running, swimming to a boat and driving away.  No real summation of what it all meant, no last snarky upper-crust Limey remarks;  she just slides, runs, swims and drives away.  That ending sucked and is a stain on gaming even to this day.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Brians

oblivions ending sucked all get out. Specifically for the main quest.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheHBK

Metal Gear Solid 2.  You kill Solidus but then you get the whole speech on DNA and history which was totally gay.  It was so god damned long.  And then top it off with the list of patriots that turns out they have been dead for 100 years, which in the end was turned out to be bullshit so it was not such a great cliffhanger after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jasta said:
" Fable II "
This. I beat the cone and was ready to take on a dragon or something, but then Stephen Fry killed the main bad guy... 
Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Onno10

Should rename the thread to  'Most disappointing game ending in your experience'
cause otherwise the only answer:

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By bybeach

I'm suprised about the answers for Bioshock, though a few I could understand. The 2 bioshocks and Minivera's garden all seem to have problems with end bosses, not it's strong suit. But I was much more put off by Borderlands, though it was explained to me very well by jeff the plot was paper thin. Another game called chaser, a suprisingly good budget game had a terrible end to it. In fact, the whole last one third sucked, as compared to the first 2/3d's. 

I just don't think they knew how to end Bioshock. It was really too wierd a place to try ti intregate with the surface world. I mean cmon..those little sisters...besides all looking the same, were creature of their own world (or perhaps more so, of a game effect). Born and raised there, and of course they all looked the same. Not that I was unhappy with my ending for them
Monty344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Monty344

Star War Republic Commando - "Oh no, one of our Squad mates have been captured lets get him" THE END
F.E.A.R. 2
I thought Fallout 3's ending wasn't bad it was just not good 
Some people don't like Red Dead's ending. I loved it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Gargantuan

Borderlands. Awesome game, shitty ending.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Karl_Boss

For me personally it was Halo 2

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#149  Edited By mikemcn

Mass Effect 2's was kinda sucky relative to the first game.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#150  Edited By Sin4profit

System Shock 2...way worse ending then Bio Shock