Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Levio

Best ending ever: Earthbound.

If you've played it, you know what I mean.  I can't think of a single other game that did that.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Grumbel

Halo 1: Go back to where you started and blow up your ship, meh. The ending in Halo 2 on the other side didn't bother me.
Half Life 2: Probably one of the most inconclusive non-endings I have ever seen.
GTAIV: Stopped carrying about anything in that game after that stupid predictable "twist" at the wedding and of course I always waited for a fight against Bulgarin, but that never happened
Monkey Island 2: It left me confused and 20 years later I still wait for a proper sequel...

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By rosebud04
@GetEveryone:  i strongly disagree with many of your opinions, But i am particularly interested in, what games you think have good writing in comparison to RDR?
___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ___pocalypse

Fable II and KotOR 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rosebud04 said:

" @GetEveryone:  i strongly disagree with many of your opinions, But i am particularly interested in, what games you think have good writing in comparison to RDR?"

I can't find my old comment to see what you disagree with, but if its specifically about RDR being a huge let-down then I don't really know what I can say; I was pretty disgusted by that game, not to mention bored. Story progression was painfully slow, the characters were fucking despicable, it wasn't particularly funny nor was it affecting (any shot at that was ruined when the infuriating "dialogue" began in the final missions. Though, I still think they were a good idea in theory). This is all in hindsight; While I played the bloody thing I was hoping that the story would pick up. Saying that, there were still lots of other things they did right. I liked the story (in the grand scheme of things), world, a few of the characters and mechanics. It just sticks in my throat having finished it.

Anyway, I'll answer your question.  If you're referring to just dialogue, then take these with a pinch of salt. 

• Vice City
  • Kotor
  • System Shock
  • Enslaved
  • Heavy Rain (many would probably disagree)
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • Dragon Age
  • Monkey Island
  • Amnesia
  • Portal

Again, I liked the idea behind RDR. A man out of time, forced to fight for his family in hopes of a redemption he might not get; its all very tried and tested Americana, and I like it a lot. The final encounter with Dutch was what I'd expected and the ride home/bonding sessions with Jake were great. 

There are just games which have brought it all together in a better/more appealing way.
SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#156  Edited By SubwayD
@shamroll said:
" Fear 2:  After the ending I was like "Did my character just get raped by a demonic girl?" 
And how is that the most disappointing game ending?  
Also, shame on anyone who talks mess about the endings for the Assassins Creed games. 

It's the sort of awesome shit that comes out of left field that you can only get away with in weird Sci-fi novels and video games!
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Badhands
@Jasta said:
" Fable II "

JesseG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By JesseG

Halo Reach or Fable 2

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By toowalrus

Fucking Ocarina of Time! Mostly because that game is so great, but after it ends you can't load it back up! You never restore the castle, you never unthaw Zora's Domain, you never bring the world back to normal. I remember hearing they didn't have time to finish it, due to pressure to get the game out on time- but I wish they had pushed it back... Maybe they'll fix that for the 3DS ending. It's not that it's a bad ending, it's just hugely disappointing.

homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By homewrecker

no more heroes 2: desperate struggle had a pretty shitty ending

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By thegoldencat7

Metal Gear Solid 4.   
I love the series so I could go on for ages about this, but I'll be brief. I think they went the wrong way with it.