Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti

Fable 3.

And i didn't even particularly have any attachment to the franchise in the first place and knew about the negative opinions/reviews going in. Still managed to disappoint. What a travesty of an rpg. It made KoA:Reckoning look brilliant in comparison, and that's no picnic either.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By CaLe

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By JoeyRavn

Disappointing? Darksiders II. The first one was almost perfect, IMO. The second one is completely devoid of any saving grace.

There have been many games I played which I never expected to be any good in the first place, though. Brink and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning have the dubious honor of being even worse than what I thought they'd be.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Superkenon

Since "disappointing" is the operative word here... I'll just throw in Diablo III. And run.

HKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By HKZ

RAGE. Probably the worst game I've ever played. From ridiculous graphics issues, that they "fixed" by disabling the console that actually did fix problems, to the crashing issues it was a worthless game to me. I still can't play it because there's a (timed and verified by two other people) TWO SECOND delay from the time I move my mouse to the time the textures show up. My hardware is more than capable of playing it because it worked before they "fixed" graphics issues with a patch, and the console is completely disabled, so I literally can't play a $60 game because id and Carmack are a bunch of lazy dicks who decided PC gamers aren't smart enough to tailor their own experience. Oh, and you could beat almost every boss by strafing left and right about 15 feet and never get a scratch on you on any AI level. Worthless game, ridiculous problems, hostile customer "fixes". Screw id, and screw Carmack. Never wasting a dime on either.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercenaries 2

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#58  Edited By Kidavenger

Dragon Age II, I just finished the first game + expansion maybe a week before 2 came out, and I was incredibly pumped for it, I knew that they had made major changes, but I was expecting something a la ME1 vs. ME2, what I got was a punch in the gut from a developer that could do no wrong up to that point in my view, I've played worse games this gen, but DA2 was definitely the biggest letdown.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lagaroth
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By spankingaddict

I can't really name one particular game , but 2012 has been the most disappointing year for video games in the last 10 years .

IMO

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By haggis

Disappointing? That's tough. Probably LA Noire, even though I still liked the game. It had a great setting, great facial animation ... then just didn't deliver a game big enough for all of it. Dragon Age II disappointed as well, for obvious reasons. And I still liked that one as well. Currently, I'm pretty disappointed in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Not so much because it's bad (it's not), it's just that I've basically figured out the formula for base, etc., and just don't have much interest in playing it again. I rather hoped for more variety than it offered.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By recroulette
@BisonHero said:

@RecSpec said:

Disc would probably be Lollipop Chainsaw Downloadable would have to be Galactrix. Fuck that game.

Oh fuck, that reminds me, No More Heroes 2 completely ruined everything that was good about the first game. The gameplay had SLIGHTLY more variety, but the new bosses were almost all terrible, and instead of fucking with you constantly like the first game, it's barely even a satire and isn't very funny and doesn't have much of a point.

I agree with that one. There was some good to it but overall it was a huge drop off. One of the best examples of a game setting the bar way too high for a sequel.
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63  Edited By granderojo

The Dragon Age series. I fucking loved Baldur's Gate, and the changes they made to that formula fundamentally made me hate that game. They themselves called it a spiritual successor, and the shit they changed to that formula ruined it for me.

The skill systems were bad in both games. The only redeemable part of the story was the dwarf sections, just because they were funny, but the VAST majority was not only boring but aggravating. I found the relationship system much more contrived than mass effect, and the characters were the worst sort of caricatures which were specifically chosen to appeal to the sorts of people who play this game (which is fucking aggravating).

The camera was bad, the enemies scaled horribly(I always felt either WAY over-leveled or WAY under-leveled), the loot systems were bad in both games, environments were WORSE than the Baldurs Gates games. Sure it was over the top, and 2d. That doesn't fucking matter because it allows you to have so much variety.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Canteu

@RecSpec said:

Downloadable would have to be Galactrix. Fuck that game.

Fuck it right into the ground. Puzzle Quest weeps!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By gaminghooligan

@cmblasko said:

Brink. Bought it day 1 at full price. Worst purchase I've made in years.

Yep. Brink was everything I thought I wanted in an FPS, and then I bought it. Man that game was a letdown.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By forkboy

Dragon Age 2. I loved the first. I loved every Bioware game I'd played from Neverwinter Nights all the way through to the 2nd Mass Effect. I'd loved the way that Dragon Age: Origins was the closest we were going to get to a classic PC RPG in this era. It didn't even cross my mind that Bioware could make a bad game.

But god DA2 was so ridiculously lazily bad.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Sin4profit
thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thatdutchguy

every game i bought this generation was kind of a dissapointment , they really need to get back to games like the  donkey kong country games on the snes or the games on the N64 , in terms of quality and difficulty in order to get me interested in video games again.   

i miss those days so much .

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Loki9876

@aceofspudz said:

@cmblasko said:

I came here to say this precise thing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#71  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I would say Dragon Age II, but I still kinda like that game despite it being a horrible mess.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By crusader8463

XCom. I was expecting it to be my favourite game of all time but it ended up only being my favourite game of the past decade or so because of the buggieness, lack of customization options, and randomness of the combat.

But seriously, Dragon Age 2 was an atrocity and all involved in that abomination of a game need to be punished for their sins. In fact I hear god added a special circle of Hell just for them. Coming soon as DLC for Dante's Inferno.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By leinad44

Mass Effect 3. Bioware games have always been about the storytelling to me. The story in this felt way to thrown together and the final mission was boring, the two ending decisions in ME1 and ME2 had barely any effect. Plus that ending. Despite the remade ending, its just gone from an insulting ending to just a bad one. I don't think I'll ever be as disappointed about a game again. LOL call me a loser but damn ME2 was an excellent game.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mordukai

I know many will disagree with me but my most disappointing game this gen is Dark Souls. They added so much to the online play then nerfed it by making it a P2P instead of the server system they used for Demon's Souls.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By BigBoss1911

GTA 4

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Kyreo

@aceofspudz said:

@cmblasko said:

I came here to say this precise thing.

As did I. Such a sad day, that was.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kerned

@mordukai: Blasphemer!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mandude

Oh. Another one of these threads... Time to shine!

DRAGON AGE II

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#79  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Journey. I know that many people will disagree but everyone was losing their shit over it and I just don't get it.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By CreepyUncleBrad

@me3639 said:

I hate to say it but ive tried on PC, and Xbox but it's Far Cry 2 for me. There is a lot of it i like, the gun battles and world, but i get bored with it more than any other game. That being said, everything i have seen for Far Cry 3 has me totally psyched.

This, I think a lot of the boredom came from traversing the world. Fighting through the same enemy outposts 3 or 4 times in a half hour was really dull.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By Mystyr_E

man, these kinda topics just pop up constantly don't they?

and yes, I will echo the Brink thoughts. One of the few games I regret spending that kind of money on

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crysis 2 or Sonic Unleashed. Probably Sonic Unleashed.

That game was disappointing because the daytime levels were so awesome, but they're only like... 30-40% of the game. The rest of it was jank. That Werehog can suck my crank.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By JasonR86

@NoobSauceG7 said:

Journey. I know that many people will disagree but everyone was losing their shit over it and I just don't get it.

Yeah. I adore that game but I can see a lot of people not buying what that game sold. I think it's a game for people who prize setting, atmosphere, and subtlety over gameplay (though some of those gameplay mechanics were pretty fun like the sliding on the sand).

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By ki11tank

too hard to answer, nothing really stands out as if i don't like a game i quit and move on, not leaving me painfully scarred from having to dredge through a shit fest. i also go into very very very few games with high expectations. with my purchasing strategy i either buy a game i can resell (console) quickly or am confident i will enjoy at the given price point.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By two_socks

Mass Effect 2. Has very little to do with the gameplay and so much more to do with the characters and world and atmosphere and all that peripheral stuff. ME1 absolutely nailed the atmosphere, music, art direction and world. It was one of the most enrapturing games I had played. And ME2 just never felt the same. I could never take the Collectors as seriously as I took Sovereign, I never liked the music as much and the "vibe" it had always felt off to me. And I really didn't like the streamlined take on stats that ME2 had. ME1's piecemeal stat boosts was not for everyone, and the inventory UI was dogshit, but I always felt like I was progressing, which is something I never really felt in ME2.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Devil May Cry 4. DMc 3 was/is my favorite game of all time, and so 4 felt like a massive step backwards

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Crackdown 2. I absolutely loved the original and doing a complete run through of the game with my friend before the release of this piece of shit is one of my favorite gaming memories. Sadly, Crackdown 2 didn't compare at all and I never finished it.

Runner up goes to Halo reach, nothing could compare to that ultimate gaming nirvana that was Halo 3 multiplayer circa 2007-2009.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercs 2, RE6, Mass Effect 3 come to mind... Mostly sequels published by EA -_-

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lord_Xp

BRINK

Nuff said

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By amir90

The ones that come to mind are LOTR conquest, that zombie game for Poland which was the first game I ever said "fuck it, I am not playing this game", DA II, but only because I loved DA 1 so much!

I am bit dissapointed that I wasn´t convinced to play Diablo 3 beyond 2 months, but I did enjoy the dozens of hours I invested in it, especially playing with friends :)

Total War Shogun, the mobile game on steam
Rise of the samurai, total war, didn´t hold up to the core game, nor to Fall of Samurai.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Half Life 2. I know a lot of people like it...but let's be honest here. It can't surpass the original. Nah just kidding, Dragon Age 2.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By RE_Player1

Mass Effect 3. The entire game felt so forced. Aside from the ending them cramming sappy music in every other scene, the general dialogue and those fucking kid and dream sequences made me want to tear my hair out. I played ME1 and ME2 multiple times and read the books, essentially was a huge fan, and ME3 killed the series for me. Such a waste of my fucking time and money.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By MoonlightMoth

Disciples 3: Renaissance

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By PhantomGardener

Fucking Far Cry 2, fuck that game was awful.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#95  Edited By EVO

Modnation Racers. I was hoping for a LBP kart racer, but instead I got one of the most needlessly difficult games, with possibly the worst commentators and painfully long loading times. I played it once or twice and haven't touched it since.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By Tylea002

Mass Effect 3.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By cmblasko
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#98  Edited By BeachThunder

I think some people really get caught up in hype and then get let down when things aren't exactly what they expected (or aren't just like earlier games in the franchise). Some of the games people are listing are great.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Socialone

Borderlands 2 did not live up to its predecessor, not even close. I never completed the first half of the game and I don't feel compelled to in the slightest way.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BisonHero
@spankingaddict

I can't really name one particular game , but 2012 has been the most disappointing year for video games in the last 10 years .

IMO

I actually agree, though I wouldn't go as far back as 10 years. Still, many of the big releases this year were either disappointing, or just kind of acceptable without really raising the bar or anything (Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, NFS: Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, etc.). There was some good small-scale stuff like Mark of the Ninja and Journey, but it's been a pretty weak year for big budget titles.