• 66 results
#1 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

What's your biggest achievement you ever accomplished?  I don't necessariy mean achievements like the *bloop* achievements either.

Mine was one however.  Dead Rising. 7 day survivor.  What do you have to do?  Simply, survive for 7 in game Dead Rising day's.  Here's the catch- your health is constantly going down (slowly), there's bosses spread randomly throughout, and you cannot save at all.  It's a one sitting thing.
It's rediculous.  1 Dead Rising day = 2 hours.  Yea, that right, I played a 14 hour session.  Granted, I did pause it to do what had to be done, but still, rediculous as hell.

Yours?

#2 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

The Simpsons Game, pressing the start button.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"What's your biggest achievement you ever accomplished?  I don't necessariy mean achievements like the *bloop* achievements either.

Mine was one however.  Dead Rising. 7 day survivor.  What do you have to do?  Simply, survive for 7 in game Dead Rising day's.  Here's the catch- your health is constantly going down (slowly), there's bosses spread randomly throughout, and you cannot save at all.  It's a one sitting thing.
It's rediculous.  1 Dead Rising day = 2 hours.  Yea, that right, I played a 14 hour session.  Granted, I did pause it to do what had to be done, but still, rediculous as hell.

Yours?"
Wow grats on getting that, that must have been the most tiresome achievement to get, I even heard some 360's were malfuntioning from being left on because of getting this.
#4 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ no it was still fun.
I also did the playthrough of dead rising to get the zombie genocider achievement.  it took forever.  I quite literally was in the basement in a car running over zombies, when the car broke, I'd get a new one.  Had to pace it so I wouldn't be stuck running through them.

You get a Mega Blaster for the genocider achievement and a laser sword for the survivor one.  The mega blaster is better for the record.  Both are strong as crap though.
I cannot wait for Dead Rising 2.  That being said, I'm sort of worried about it- it's being handled by the guys who did the bigs

#5 Posted by ParrapatehRappa (185 posts) -

Beating CoD 3 on Veteran. Doing that turned me off of the CoD series forever. Fucking AI and their magic bullets. Fucking Treyarch and their useless developers.

Nice title btw. MOST HARDCORE GAMING ACHIEVEMENT!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!11!!

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (16170 posts) -

Getting a platinum in any PS3 game is pretty hardcore.

#7 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ depends on the game, that's just unlocking every achievement basically, not exactly something to say is really crazy if the individuals just take a bit of time.   I've done that for quite a few games, it just takes a bit.  Some are very easy to unlock all though (like COD2, king king, etc.)

#8 Edited by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -

I'm proud of having completed "Jordan" on Expert in Guitar Hero II. 

Zombie Genocider was really a war of attrition.  I'm not sure if there's any other achievement I'm proud of having.  Beating Razor Callahan, maybe, haha.

"Five grand!"

#9 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
I've done that for quite a few games, it just takes a bit.  Some are very easy to unlock all though (like COD2, king king, etc.)"

What is this game called King King? I've searched vast deeps of the internets and nothing has come up.
#10 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

*king kong.  my bad. it's one letter off. 

#11 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"I'm proud of having completed "Jordan" on Expert in Guitar Hero II. 
Buckethead : )
#12 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"*king kong.  my bad. it's one letter off. "

It is your bad, thank you for apologizing.
#13 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Zombie Genocider which was really tiresome
Beating GEARS OF WAR 1 on insane ( NO CO-OP)
Beating COD4 : modern warfare on veteran

#14 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Probably beating Panic Attack, Painkiller and Battery on expert drums by myself in RB2.

#15 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I haven't tried to get any achievements, so I haven't gotten any of the tough ones. Sitting strong at 4000 GS!

#16 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

I move between games so fast I rarely remember what achievements I've earned.  LiquidPrince's post reminded me that I got all the platinum crests in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.  Dunno what else...

#17 Edited by Mercator (365 posts) -

My most "hardcore" achievements are without a doubt from Final Fantasy XI...but they dont really count as I had earned them on a PC, PS2, and 360 over 5 years. Some of them took days...of gameplay.

#18 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

Arkthemaniac said:

"I haven't tried to get any achievements, so I haven't gotten any of the tough ones. Sitting strong at 4000 GS!"

And I'm at 28,000.  I could go faster but I do play lots of rpgs and online shooters, so I don't exactly get lots of freebie achievements.
want to have a solid 10,000 per year going on though (got my xbox may 2006)

#19 Posted by ParrapatehRappa (185 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

Arkthemaniac said:

"I haven't tried to get any achievements, so I haven't gotten any of the tough ones. Sitting strong at 4000 GS!"

And I'm at 28,000.  I could go faster but I do play lots of rpgs and online shooters, so I don't exactly get lots of freebie achievements.
want to have a solid 10,000 per year going on though (got my xbox may 2006)

"
10,000? THAT'S OVER 9000!!!!!! You must be crazy. That. Or your balls are inert. You would make Robocop oh so proud.
#20 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -

Getting Platinum on Mirror's Edge. This literally felt like I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel for my resolve and will to continue, truly a chore unlike any other I've had to endure so far. Currently the Killing Machine Gold Trophy for Resistance 2 is my next "impossible" achievement, as getting 10k kills in what is probably one of the worst competative online multiplayers is something I think will topple my Mirror's Edge Platinum.

I think anyone who gets any of the Wipeout HD Gold Trophies, or hell even has the Platinum deserve some kind of recognition for truly being an Achievement whore.

#21 Posted by Leewow (118 posts) -

Brass Balls Achievement In Bioshock

#22 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -
Leewow said:
"Brass Balls Achievement In Bioshock"
What is this?  Is this the "No deaths, hardest difficulty" achievement?
#23 Posted by slapshakle (12 posts) -

Seriously... achievement from the Original Gears of War (10,000 ranked kills).

I sunk 7 months into the game until it finally unlocked. I doubt I'll ever play a game that much again.

#24 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -
slapshakle said:
"Seriously... achievement from the Original Gears of War (10,000 ranked kills).

I sunk 7 months into the game until it finally unlocked. I doubt I'll ever play a game that much again."
I think someday I'll legitimately get the Seriously 2.0 Gears 2 sports (by seriously, read: not grinding through the last level of the campaign repeatedly), but, yeah, I dunno.  That's also an exercise in attrition. 
#25 Posted by slapshakle (12 posts) -

Yep, Seriously 2.0 sucks. 20 hours of grinding isn't really an achievement.

#26 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Apature Science- Portal- On the 360.

No...I don't want to talk about it.

#27 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

Its either getting over $100,000 in Crazy Taxi on the Arcade mode or getting all platinum medals on Project Gotham Racing 2.  Either way, they were both really long play sessions :)

#28 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i dunno lol i've never been too bothered with the really hard achivements

#29 Posted by pause422 (6241 posts) -

Fallout 3 on the PC, I had to wasted about 2 minutes of my life getting all of those.

#30 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Zombie Genocidest comes to mind (both the Dead Rising and L4D version, though the latter is more fun). 

#31 Posted by 1_879_116_9420 (96 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 on highest difficulty was tough, but playing -- I believe it was 500 -- matches in Battlefield Modern Combat on a XBL account I don't even use anymore was the most unrewarding chore.

#32 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I beat Halo 3 on Legendary solo, but that's not that big of a deal.

#33 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Mile High Club on Veteran in COD4. Alot of rage was involved.

#34 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
ParrapatehRappa said:
"Beating CoD 3 on Veteran. Doing that turned me off of the CoD series forever. Fucking AI and their magic bullets. Fucking Treyarch and their useless developers.

Nice title btw. MOST HARDCORE GAMING ACHIEVEMENT!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!11!!"
cod3/4 on veteran isn't that big of a deal...
#35 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Fallout 3 on the PC, I had to wasted about 2 minutes of my life getting all of those."

lol
apparently according to jeff there's a button to press to unlock all of them.
#36 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I agree with the Wipeout HD sentiment. I'll make out with anyone who got a platinum in Wipeout HD.

#37 Posted by rexualhealing (255 posts) -

Once upon a time I played netHack for 2 hours without dying. It was epic.

Also, I've beaten every King of Fighters game except 2000-current with every single team, and, in my younger days, spent countless hours beating various Street Fighter games with every character.

Also, when I was 14 I watched the entire series of Cowboy Bebop in one day. Not gaming related, but still badass.

Also, I've played through a lot of really shitty games just because I could. I played Kiss: Psycho Circus for a whole hour without stopping, and once spent two or so hours trying to beat ET on Atari 2600.

#38 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -
Stevokenevo said:
"Its either getting over $100,000 in Crazy Taxi on the Arcade mode or getting all platinum medals on Project Gotham Racing 2.  Either way, they were both really long play sessions :)"
Dude!  PGR 2 is my favorite racing game ever.  I'm glad someone else on the boards has suffered through the Platinum challenges. 

#39 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Master Ninja...or whatever that achievement is.  The gamer picture you get with that aint half bad either.  Still though, I'm always proud of my 1-point achievement I got for beating Bulletwitch on the hardest difficulty.

#40 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Stevokenevo said:
"Its either getting over $100,000 in Crazy Taxi on the Arcade mode or getting all platinum medals on Project Gotham Racing 2.  Either way, they were both really long play sessions :)"
Dude!  PGR 2 is my favorite racing game ever.  I'm glad someone else on the boards has suffered through the Platinum challenges.  "
Ha!  awesome,  i still have recurring nightmares about the cone challenges!!  That was possibly 5 months of 'Fail -> Restart' sessions.
#41 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
Karmum said:
"Mile High Club on Veteran in COD4. Alot of rage was involved."
I retract this, Little Rocket Man from the Orange Box was just...hell.
#42 Posted by gormers (289 posts) -

Getting the "smile" achievement in geometry wars 2 was pretty hard for me.

#43 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Noby Noby Boy: Eat your words.
#44 Edited by guiseppe (2842 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"Zombie Genocider which was really tiresome
Beating GEARS OF WAR 1 on insane ( NO CO-OP)
Beating COD4 : modern warfare on veteran "
Same.
#45 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
slapshakle said:
"Yep, Seriously 2.0 sucks. 20 hours of grinding isn't really an achievement."
I dont know, in its own way it kind of is. Because I wouldnt even try to do it that way let alone just playing the game legit'ly. I dont get "hardcore" achievements I beat the game and move on.
#46 Posted by hunt_ad (30 posts) -

Probably one of my Halo accomplishments. Crazy sticks, accidental splatters, headshots, etc. Goes for all games in the trilogy.

#47 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -

The "Bladder of Steel" in Rock band 2

The objective? Simple. Play the Endless setlist 2 without pausing the game,your batteries running out or hitting the guide. Anything of the sort and you won't get it.

Oh yeah and you can't fail a song either

It takes about 6 and a half hours to complete

#48 Posted by MiasmaFett (129 posts) -

Call of duty 4 Mile high club on veteran or little rocket man in half life 2 episode 2 Both very irritating.

#49 Posted by keann (22 posts) -

G.R.A.W had some pretty ridiculous ones. 'Host 1000 online matches' which is potentially impossible if you don't have a good enough connection. And one of the others was 'Climb to the top of the universal leaderboard' 
Come on now...

#50 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Defeating ravenholm ony using the gravity gun.