Most horrible worlds to ever live in, within video games...

• 83 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jay444111

@DeF said:

@Jay444111: Wow thanks for writing this. I've played all three games but the long break between them and the endless dialog stopped me from appreciating the big-picture narrative. I vaguely remember reacting to some of the things you touched on but it seems I didn't pay proper attention. Did you play through all of them consecutively fairly recent or how did you manage to string all this together?

You made me appreciate Golden Sun on a whole 'nother level. Now if only the actual dialog writing were better (more concise, less long-winded) so one could actually enjoy the story without falling asleep halfway through conversations... :)

I wish this site had some kind of "thumbs up" system.

I'm a huge Golden Sun nerd... you know how some people are fucking incredible with how much they know about the Kingdom Hearts story... or any major book series. I'm like that with Golden Sun. Besides, most of that is actually strait from memory. I owned GS1 and 2 before my brother sold them at a pawn shop somewhere. (Asshat... don't worry, the whole family is in agreement over this.) However I loved those games and I do own Dark Dawn now.

However I do think the games are extremely well written, it is just that to convey it in such a limited platform they had to do countless text. I didn't mind it... but I do wish I could save while conversations happen. I don't blame people for not paying attention but it is all extremely well written and shockingly well made story to the point where it would be hard for any medium to actually connect 30 years of events like GS did.

Also, thank you for a thumbs up!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By breadfan
@Irvandus

Azeroth is the worst. No really, most video game worlds have 1 major apocalypse, Azeroth has some new ancient evil every year.

Always thought about that when a new expansion came out. Azerothians can't catch a break.
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By N7

The world of Saint's Row. Life would be pretty great until some fucking autotune talking dude comes up and beats you to death with a giant dick.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Karl_Boss
gtg12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By gtg12

The fallout world for me because if your a normal farmer guy then you have the chance of getting killed and raped by crazy raiders.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Sterling

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I am Alive. It's so fuckin' grey I'd go nuts and off myself.

Krankenhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Krankenhaus

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Fuck, I'd go with the entire Mushroom Kingdom. Fuck that place. Some weak, nonexistent government whose most seemingly important member is constantly being kidnapped by a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON is no place for me. Not to mention, that they clearly have no defense force to prevent this whatsoever, and everyone there relies on an overweight plumber to show up and temporarily fix some things--which we can't even be sure he would do if it wasn't for a woman. Does anyone in the Kingdom address this? Nope! Instead, it's like Peach just wants them to eat cake, and the residents fall victim to the bread and circuses that are their kart races, sporting events, and massive parties. The entire land is in such a state of neglect and disrepair that the only means of major transportation seems to be by pipe (save for maybe the occasional train or boat, but oh boy, you know in this corrupt hell hole, you're gonna have to do some series of favors for someone just to get a ride because of course there's no regulation or standards and practices on any of this).

Honestly, I don't even know how such a place continues or why people continue to live there. You would think maybe by the time a giant fucking TALKING sword came crashing down into the castle, people would start to consider buying a plot of land over in cozy, little Pallet Town. I know I would.

This is one of the best things I've ever read.

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By theslothking

Just Dance.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By largo6661

@Village_Guy: Pick up that can!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Mafia 2's world, because I couldn't handle more than one Nolan North

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By warxsnake

Sanctuary 

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jay444111

@Shirogane said:

Man, you've just made Golden Sun a lot darker than it initially seems. You've turned it into Nier, or Dark Souls, and those worlds are utterly horrible. Well, Nier definitely, i can't say about Dark Souls, since all you see is the one part of the world where nobody is alive.

Yay. That was what I was going for. However... the most horrible world in all of gaming is easily Fragile Dreams... damn... that game can destroy people emotionally.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By rentfn

super mario world. I flippin love Turtles and I don't want to be in a world where they want to kill me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Animasta

the world of Shin Megami Tensei 1 or 2. The only place that has survived is Tokyo (after a nuclear war and the great flood because god's a jerk)

ilovebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ilovebees

Rapture

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jay444111

@Animasta said:

the world of Shin Megami Tensei 1 or 2. The only place that has survived is Tokyo (after a nuclear war and the great flood because god's a jerk)

Is there anywhere to actually get those games? Or are they import only these days?

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rpgee

@warxsnake said:

Sanctuary

Surely this is the best answer, just because the names of everything would make you depressed.

"Hey, I heard you were planning of moving out of the Fields of Misery. Why's that?"

"Oh you know, Bill and I are looking for cheaper property, what with the price of housing these days, plus there's the murdering Khazra out there all the time. We just thought it was time to move on. I was thinking of finding a place in the Festering Woods, I hear the phantoms over there are real friendly."

Yeah, I heard that too. Have you thought about somewhere near Caldeum? I have a friend who's living in the Desolate Sands, and she says the weather's great."

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By EquitasInvictus

The Sims, because as popular as "<>" is here, I probably wouldn't appreciate having my free will stripped from me with that forsaken plumbob over my head.

Also, I'd rather not live in fear of having someone delete all the doors in the room I'm in so that they can watch me lose control of my bladder and pass out multiple times before I finally starve to death.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Animasta

@Jay444111 said:

@Animasta said:

Is there anywhere to actually get those games? Or are they import only these days?

considering they're only in japanese yes. That's what the fans translation is for

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Akeldama

Demon's Souls' Valley of Defilement

Dark Souls' Lost Izalith

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Grimhild

@Yummylee said:

Silent Hill seems like a pretty fucked up place. It's a town which now basically has the primary purpose of looking deep inside of you, twisting just about everything you are into horrific nightmare fuel, and then it uses that to kill you.

This was my pick, as well. As much as I love the aesthetics of Silent Hill, and the franchise in general (despite it's ratio of shit-shows), it would be the worst existence ever since it's "(Rich Gallup voice) personalized for me!"

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Wandrecanada

Playstation Home.

Saga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By Saga

I would hate to live in the Dante's Inferno environment.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MiniPato

As cool as the Fallout world might be cool to explore, I can't help but think that the food and water would taste and feel fucking disgusting.

Also the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls worlds. Everything is trying to kill you, it's like fantasy Australia.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#76  Edited By wumbo3000

GODDAMMIT GARRET JUST SHOOT THE FUCKING FIREBALL.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jay444111

@EquitasInvictus said:

The Sims, because as popular as "<>" is here, I probably wouldn't appreciate having my free will stripped from me with that forsaken plumbob over my head.

Also, I'd rather not live in fear of having someone delete all the doors in the room I'm in so that they can watch me lose control of my bladder and pass out multiple times before I finally starve to death.

Yeah... simworld would suck to live in. You would have to constantly be afraid that your door is going to disapear at all times... or worse... the toilet vanishing as you sit down in an emergency number 2... fuck that would suck.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#78  Edited By Humanity

Silent Hill games generally feel like an awful place to be in. Those toilets they have there are gross.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By fattony12000

#GRIMDARK

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#80  Edited By Chocobodude3

@AlexanderSheen said:

The Witcher universe is pretty fucked up.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Any popular fighting game. Gotta get your ass kicked over and over again. Not an ideal world by any stretch.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mandude

Sanctuary, maybe. What a horrible world.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jay444111

Another game I think is utterly frightening the more I think about it is... well...

Final Fantasy 13 is a post-technological singularity apocalypse!!!

Seriously people... think about the game world and everything in it for a second. Everything in that game points to this.

The Fal-cie are robotic Gods who literally only use humanity as puppets in their games constantly. Grooming them and pampering them so they can keep living just so they can be made into slaves or become a monster... and if you are awesome at being a slave then you become a fucking rock and they only awaken you when you are needed again in order to go through even more shit... basically, a endless cycle of mass slavery by robotic overlords that control life and death and will keep you alive just so they can keep using you... not even suicide can help...

While Pulse. The planet below them is even MORE fucked up in the way that there is no human being left there. They all died because their Fal-cie killed everyone and whoever managed to escape that got eaten by wildlife!

The sane fact that these machines literally get away with killing millions constantly while also seemingly look good in front of all of humanity is fucking frightening to think of in terms of how much control they actually have.

Basically. FF13 is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream of video games in terms of fucked up worlds...

No Caption Provided

Yes... it is that fucked up if you think about it!