• 64 results
#1 Posted by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

#2 Edited by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

EDIT: I don't mean that you HAVE to do one of these but it certainly catches you up on how the site and community works. Bombcasts you learn a lot of memes and P4 a lot of people came to the site because of this (or at least that is my understanding)

Currently working on both of these but what is most important thing for someone to become apart of the community? I vote for the Bombcasts, only 100 to go!!!

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Its all fun and games till someone casts Bufu. 

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Watching the Persona 4 ER, I think. The past Bombcasts were fun when they first came out, but I can't imagine going through all of them if I tried to keep myself up to date with references and stuff; perhaps checking out choice Bombcasts suggested by people would be ideal.

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I can completely understand that but I kinda like hearing them break down all the games throughout the years, it also has convinced me to check out games that I would've skipped out on in the past but now are some of my favorites to play.

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

You don't have to do anything.

#7 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

How bout neither and just watching videos instead? I know a lot of people who don't listen to the Bombcasts, and there's quite a few well known members who still havn't watched the ER.

#8 Posted by csl316 (8198 posts) -

I've seen every piece of video on this site except for the Persona ER. Been here for years, but I still feel like I'm missing something. might as well get that out of the way first.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

@csl316: Highly recommend it, it is spectacular especially if you liked the DP VJ endurance run. Vinny and Jeff's commentary is fantastic and the game is as well.

#10 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

I forget why I concern myself with the current bombcasts let alone the backlog, the P4 Endurance Run though is pure gold.

#11 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Neither, but if I were to do only one of those it would be two listen to the Bombcasts. You learn so much about games that way >_>

#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6279 posts) -

You aren't obligated to do either. The Bombcasts are great, though.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Show some skin. Than you'll be a part of the community. PM me the evidence and be a girl. :)

#14 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Fuck, haven't done either of those things. Better get on it.

#15 Posted by Aetheldod (3518 posts) -

Me ;)

#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

After a while you just learn to exist as an individual.  I used to be worried I wouldnt get a lot of the memes from Bombcasts and whatnot but I slowly absorbed everything without listening to all of the bombcasts and watching every single video on the site.  I think you should watch the ER over listening to all of the Bombcasts because you can get the most significant clips of audio from YouTube videos.   

For example: 

#17 Posted by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

@Phatmac: There is another poll going about what is your gender....you might want to take this statement back, 92% men.

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@Phatmac: There is another poll going about what is your gender....you might want to take this statement back, 92% men.

Awh shit!

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

you don't have to do anything brah. i haven't seen any of the ERs yet

#20 Posted by wumbo3000 (944 posts) -

@csl316 said:

I've seen every piece of video on this site except for the Persona ER. Been here for years, but I still feel like I'm missing something. might as well get that out of the way first.

...You do realize the Persona 4 ER is the best video content on the Internet right? Not on GiantBomb, the entire goddamn Internet.

#21 Posted by Slag (4093 posts) -

I wasn't aware there was a test to be in the Giant Bomb community.

Bombcast I guess?

#22 Posted by csl316 (8198 posts) -

@wumbo3000 said:

@csl316 said:

...You do realize the Persona 4 ER is the best video content on the Internet right? Not on GiantBomb, the entire goddamn Internet.

Yeah, but I started vising the site when they were around episode 50. Catching up then was intimidating. Now 155 is an even crazier endeavor (not to mention impossible when you're old and busy).

My buddy just copied the anime for me and it looks like the stupidest god damn thing. But I know Vinny and Jeff would make P4 worth watching, and I know if I ever become unemployed or something with time to burn I'll have something to do.

#23 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

I think it would be easier to watch the Persona QL's because they're less relevant to that specific time where as the Bombcasts are pretty current to whats going on - games coming out/industry events etc. Although the Persona ER is kind of a big ask to ask someone to do, I personally never kept up with them, just too much and I don't feel that much out of the loop other than 'Bufu'. I think the Persona memes have been and gone.

#24 Posted by Karkarov (3008 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

@AjayRaz said:

Truth.... quoting it. I have never watched a complete endurance run either though I have watched parts of all but the Chrono Trigger one. My favorite video on the site is still the Rogue Warrior Quick Look.

#25 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2484 posts) -

The Persona 4 Endurance Run is great and I definitely recommend watching it, but all of the bombcasts will get you up to speed with nearly all of the in-jokes on the site. So... do that if you're looking to do something.

#26 Posted by Nightriff (4936 posts) -

@Karkarov: Chrono Trigger is shit compared to the other ERs, if you have time check one of them out. And the Rogue Warrior QL is amazing, one of my fav QLs

#27 Posted by crimsinf (143 posts) -

Since I'm currently doing it, I'm gonna say the Bombcasts. Started 7 1/2 months ago from the beginning and I'm up to episodes from November of last year.

#28 Posted by wumbo3000 (944 posts) -

@csl316 said:

@wumbo3000 said:

@csl316 said:

Yeah, but I started vising the site when they were around episode 50. Catching up then was intimidating. Now 155 is an even crazier endeavor (not to mention impossible when you're old and busy).

My buddy just copied the anime for me and it looks like the stupidest god damn thing. But I know Vinny and Jeff would make P4 worth watching, and I know if I ever become unemployed or something with time to burn I'll have something to do.

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from. It's like, I wanna start watching Breaking Bad, but because there are 4 seasons I have to get through, it's just tough to get started. I could only imagine how daunting 155 episodes are. But trust me, once you get started, it's gonna be impossible to stop.

And the anime doesn't do it for me too. The fact that the protagonist talks totally makes that anime completely weird. The anime is not indicative of the game whatsoever.

#29 Posted by LikeaSsur (1497 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Lies, he has to at least undergo the initiation ritual. You know, the one that involves the necklace of fingers?

#30 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

Same here.

#31 Posted by Clonedzero (4101 posts) -

deadly premonition ER is better than persona 4 ER.

ya i said it, fuck you.

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

@AjayRaz said:

Same here.

You should get on that!

#33 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3810 posts) -

I haven't watched any Endurance Runs yet. I keep meaning to. I am working my way through the Bombcasts though. I'd say that.

Also this. Required viewing.

#34 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

P4 ER is timeless. Old Bombcasts, while fun, are not quite as good if used after their expiration date.

#35 Posted by Khann (2793 posts) -

Most important thing? Ride the GB cock.

#36 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Neither has much to do with becoming part of the community, but I'd say the bombcast is the more necessary of the two if you want a more complete Giant Bomb experience.

But hey, just watch/listen to both; it's really the only way to go.

#37 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6390 posts) -

If you want to be recognized as a true member of the community, get in on the forums and join the discussions. If you want to understand memes, do both A and B.

The latter is pretty enjoyable.

#38 Posted by Slab64 (1051 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

I agree that you're not obligated to do anything...but the ERs are great (especially DP). Do yourself a favor :P

#39 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Post at least 25 times.

#40 Posted by MB (12089 posts) -

I didn't even watch the Endurance Run, I don't have time for that!

#41 Edited by Fattony12000 (7102 posts) -

The most important thing is...

VIDEO GAME

#42 Posted by Polydeukes (98 posts) -

To join this community proper, one must end a post by using an insult(s) in a vain attempt to be boss. Preferably after a paper thin argument one has little knowledge of.

Douche.

#43 Posted by Molenator85 (220 posts) -

Tough choice. I've listened through every Bombcast and though they vary in quality, there wasn't one that I turned off. There is a reason it's my favorite podcast. However, the Persona 4 Endurance run needs to be watched by anybody that has even a feigning interest in this site. I was intimidated by the length at first, but after the first 10 episodes or so I got pretty hooked. It's kind of weird to say, but I got about as much enjoyment watching them play P4 as I have playing any game by myself.

#44 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

One should listen to the Bombcasts to catch up on Giant Bomb history.

One should watch the Persona 4 Endurance Run because it's fucking amazing under any context.

YOU KNOW WHAT WINS.

#45 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

A. But also, trying to not be an asshole is a pretty important one...I think.

#46 Posted by Sweep (8830 posts) -

<>

#47 Posted by JoeyRavn (4950 posts) -

I've watched the Deadly Premonition and Chrono Trigger ERs. I have no interest whatsoever about Persona 4. Problem? Deal with it and strap it on.

#48 Posted by CaLe (3916 posts) -

I watched only half the endurance run.. I just lost interest in the game. I think I've listened to every podcast though so I choose that.

#49 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

I joined at the start of 2010 and I heartily recommend doing both, but if you only do one watch the P4 ER.

#50 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Bombcasts! Started listening from the beginning last March. I'd walk and jog every day while listening to it. Lost over 100 pounds by spacing out to nerdy shit