trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

Hi all!
I don't have much spare time lately and I don't know how is the current situation in games. Which are the most impressive graphics nowadays?
Thx!

PS: FYI, the last best thing I saw was Crysis, years ago, I don't know the current situation and I'm just feeling curious. 

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

What are you looking for?  The best straight-up visuals?  The best art direction?  A little of both?  Because I can give you a ton of different answers depending on which one you mean.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I played the demo of Crysis. I think that it's still the real deal when it comes to rendering. My PC couldn't handle the high end stuff, but that game wasn't my cup of tea anyway.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PowerSerj

It's still Crysis, or Crysis: Warhead. I'm not too sure what they actually tweaked for the expansion.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Resident Evil 5 looks incredible.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By giyanks22
@JJOR64 said:
" Resident Evil 5 looks incredible. "
That and Crisis. RE5 has the best lighting ever in any game.
trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By trylks
@gingertastic_10: cellshading is cool, and I like it when playing, but I was looking for something different. Thx anyway.
@iAmJohn: I'm looking for good graphics from the technical point of view, I mean, there was a cool trailer of Halo 3 that was cgi, now there is going to be an animation movie, I was wondering how far are nowadays actual games' graphics when compared with cinematics of years ago. At some point graphics in games will be indistinguishable from cinematics and then from reality.

I don't mean the realism is the goal, there are many examples like cell shading of the oposite okami for example had really good graphics. I'm just wondering of the current capabilities of the hardware (mainly PCs, although it may be possible to strecht the capabilities of consoles a little more).
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mikeeegeee

@giyanks22:

And lighting is really where its at in producing realistic looking environments these days. Although GTAIV isn't nearly on par with the likes of Crisis, it does fantastic for what it does. Some daylit sections of town look incredibly realistic. Same can be said for the likes of MW2, Uncharted 2, and MGS4.

Oh, and convincing animation goes a hell of a ways too. I could do for shit graphics if the animation is top notch.

Edit: Oh, and Fight Night Round 4. That game, man. That game.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zombie2011

Crysis looks amazing, no current game can even compare. No one better say Killzone 2 because that game isn't close.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

in terms of realism Crysis is still the best ive seen and my computer can only run it in high not very high. i also liked Killzone 2's graphics