9mmStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 9mmStudios

Overrated (IMO)
Halo 3 (Single player is not as good as halo 1 and the multi-player is not as good as halo 2)
Gears of War 2 (Multi-player is complete bullshit)
Killzone 2 (Great game, but not mindblowing gameplay)
Gran Turismo 4 (my least favorite in the series)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Melee was somehow just better)
Brothers in Arms Road to hill 30 (Its a good game but there so many times where i just want to throw the controller at the tv)

Underrated (IMO)
Test Drive (2002) (it was just a simple fun arcade game)
Crackdown (Super hero powers were just awesome)
The Godfather II (I think that this was one of the better movie licensed games)
Battle Field 2 Modern Combat (Yeah it wasn't like the PC version at all, but, it was still a really fun game)
Goldeneye Rouge Agent (Its not the best FPS ever, but, i think its far from garbage)
Call of Duty 3 (COD2 was a better game, doesn't mean COD3 sucks)
Timesplitters Series (All of them dissevered better ratings)

What games do you think need more or less praise

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bobdaman18

I definitely agree with Godfather 2, i had a lot of fun with it despite its problems.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By lucas_kelly

Borderland is completely overrated in my opinion.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LiquidSwords

New users seriously need stop making these type of threads.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hatking
@9mmStudios said:
"Overrated (IMO)Halo 3 (Single player is not as good as halo 1 and the multi-player is not as good as halo 2)Gears of War 2 (Multi-player is complete bullshit)Killzone 2 (Great game, but not mindblowing gameplay)Gran Turismo 4 (my least favorite in the series)Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Melee was somehow just better)Brothers in Arms Road to hill 30 (Its a good game but there so many times where i just want to throw the controller at the tv)Underrated (IMO)Test Drive (2002) (it was just a simple fun arcade game)Crackdown (Super hero powers were just awesome)The Godfather II (I think that this was one of the better movie licensed games)Battle Field 2 Modern Combat (Yeah it wasn't like the PC version at all, but, it was still a really fun game)Goldeneye Rouge Agent (Its not the best FPS ever, but, i think its far from garbage)Call of Duty 3 (COD2 was a better game, doesn't mean COD3 sucks)Timesplitters Series (All of them dissevered better ratings)What games do you think need more or less praise "

Well I was going to point out some flaws with your post but then I read this... now all I want to do is give you a hug.  :)
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Hey look at me! I hate on all the popular games! I'm SOOOO cool.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Yukoei
@lucas_kelly said:
" Borderland is completely overrated in my opinion. "
You win.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Halo 1's single player had a lot of those modular mazes that took forever, and the ending was more like an arcade sequence than anything the gameplay was leading up to.  I felt the single player in Halo 2 was much improved, but maybe that's the prevailing opinion?  I dunno.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64

I kinda agree with Killzone 2.  I personally didn't see what the big deal was.

whitewolf2435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whitewolf2435

Probably gonna get some hate for this one.. ("I hate all the cool games, I'm so cool") MW2 is definitely overrated, in my opinion. And I'll have to agree with Crackdown and Timesplitters being underrated.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Both Uncharted games are overrated. 
And I agree that COD3 is better than most people give it credit for.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@LiquidSwords said:
" New users seriously need stop making these type of threads. "
Yeah, we should continue to make threads about box art and camping in MW2. Those are so much better. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Red12b

Halo, MW2, GTA, Any game that has gotten a 10/10 that has gotten it in the last decade. except for shadow of the colossus

Psychonoughts, Shadow of the colossus, Psi-Ops, Beyond good and evil, Ico 

Ico and Colossus were some of my most poignant experiences in gaming.      

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By buzz_clik
@Red12b said:
" Psi-Ops "
That game is brilliant. There are times when you're in the thick of battle and you just start totally flowing off the head with your powers, mixing up what you do and how you do it. Man, I think I need to plug my old XBox back in.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Capum15

I think Crackdown was also underrated. It was a fun game.

I wanna add Majesty 2 to underrated games as well. Not many people know about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab39e03e3e52
deactivated-5ab39e03e3e52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucas_kelly said:
"Borderland is completely overrated in my opinion. "

i think your opinion sucks
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89
Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Siris

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, solely based on Ryan's very disappointing review. That game is a classic and will be remembered for quite some time as a high point in the GTA series.

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zicdab
Overrated 
Borderlands-feels like MMO with nobody around, even with friends
GTA IV-still a great game but it's more of the same only not as fun as San Andreas

Underrated
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed-Though it's easy, I still liked this game more than reviews gave it credit for.
Assassin's Creed-I still haven't played the second one, but I thought the first was just fine.  People were complaining too much in my opinion.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Black_Raven
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" Hey look at me! I hate on all the popular games! I'm SOOOO cool. "
He didn't necessarily say he hated them, he just said they were overrated, it's kinda hard to consider a game that's not very well known to be overrated.

I agree with crackdown, that game was so fun. Can't wait for Crackdown 2.
dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dopeman

These threads never turn out well... but whatever the GOW series is completely overrated.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By GunstarRed

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and bolts is absolutely fantastic but was destined to fail with an artstyle like that on the 360...although I dont know if it was all that underrated I rememember it getting a lot of good reviews... 

Bionic Commando (the new one)... Absolutely love this game, moreso than say assassins creed 2 or Batman (liked both of them too)... I just didn't get a lot of the complaints people had with the game like it not being open world (it would be a worse game if it was) the swinging is great, there is some really good bosses an awesome soundtrack and  it works because of its gameyness.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind

+1 for Nuts & Bolts being underrated.  It hugely deviated from the standard Banjo formula, but was still very amusing, a lot of fun to play, VERY challenging and has some of the best graphics on the system.  One of the best games released this generation, in my opinion.

I'd also add MGS4 to being totally overrated.  I enjoyed it, for the most part, but don't agree with the praise people lavish on it.  The first few chapters don't really seem to be going anywhere and exist purely to take up time before the end, where the actual story really kicks in.  Too many silly cameos by older characters popping up every few seconds, and almost every discrepancy was explained away with "nanomachines".  The last two chapters, and the last boss fight and ending inparticular will be remembered by me as some of the best in any game ever, but generally speaking, I thought the game was very underwhelming compared to the third, which is still better in almost every way.

However, I think the most important thing to remember is that just because you may not like the game, does not make it overrated.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By penguindust

I don't think Crackdown is underrated.  Underrated games usually don't get sequels and they certainly aren't among the most talked about previews at an E3 convention.  

Underrated in my book is Metal Arms: A Glitch in the System.  A fun platform/action game from the previous generation.  Last I heard, developers weren't sure who owned the IP these days after the company was swallowed by Blizzard to finish Starcraft: Ghost.  That didn't go well and they faded out of prominence.  

I don't know what "overrated" is since I find it hard to discredit anyone for liking a particular game or franchise.  But, if I had to choose, Resident Evil because I don't like the controls in those games. 

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidSwords
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" New users seriously need stop making these type of threads. "
Yeah, we should continue to make threads about box art and camping in MW2. Those are so much better.  "

none of those either.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

I can't name underrated, but certainly underappreciated: most of the games I play.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meltac

TimeShift was an underrated game. It had cool features, and I really enjoyed it. 
Bionic Commando is also an underrated game. Imo the controls were nearly perfect.
I know I'm going to get some hate for this one, but w/e. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. That game wasn't imo bad. It had some flaws, but overall it's a enjoyable game.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By gingertastic_10
@lucas_kelly said:
" Borderland is completely overrated in my opinion. "
Yes.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thecleric

Darkness is the most underrated game of this gen 
Escape From Butcher Bay was of last gen. 

They reviewed well, but just not fondly remembered enough.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Meltac
@thecleric said:
" Darkness is the most underrated game of this gen"
Yeah, I really liked that game too.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Jimbo

Saints Row 2 deserved way more praise just for how it nailed open world co-op.  Everything worked; the character creation, all of the missions, the secondaries, the cutscenes.   They practically said "This is possible and here's exactly how you should do it.", and nobody paid any attention, unfortunately.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Evilsbane
@marioncobretti said:
" Banjo Kazooie Nuts and bolts is absolutely fantastic but was destined to fail with an artstyle like that on the 360...although I dont know if it was all that underrated I rememember it getting a lot of good reviews...  Bionic Commando (the new one)... Absolutely love this game, moreso than say assassins creed 2 or Batman (liked both of them too)... I just didn't get a lot of the complaints people had with the game like it not being open world (it would be a worse game if it was) the swinging is great, there is some really good bosses an awesome soundtrack and  it works because of its gameyness. "
I will tell you what is wrong with that game I really wanted to like it I really did but it funneled you everywhere there was no way to go anywhere but RIGHT where the game was designed to put you and if god forbid you got caught in the "fallout" you were screwed because you die in 1 second, it had some good ideas and it looked pretty good in spots but the way the world was designed just completely ruined it for me, nothing to do with it being open world I just like to be able to move around just a little bit.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By GunstarRed
@Evilsbane said:
" @marioncobretti said:
" Banjo Kazooie Nuts and bolts is absolutely fantastic but was destined to fail with an artstyle like that on the 360...although I dont know if it was all that underrated I rememember it getting a lot of good reviews...  Bionic Commando (the new one)... Absolutely love this game, moreso than say assassins creed 2 or Batman (liked both of them too)... I just didn't get a lot of the complaints people had with the game like it not being open world (it would be a worse game if it was) the swinging is great, there is some really good bosses an awesome soundtrack and  it works because of its gameyness. "
I will tell you what is wrong with that game I really wanted to like it I really did but it funneled you everywhere there was no way to go anywhere but RIGHT where the game was designed to put you and if god forbid you got caught in the "fallout" you were screwed because you die in 1 second, it had some good ideas and it looked pretty good in spots but the way the world was designed just completely ruined it for me, nothing to do with it being open world I just like to be able to move around just a little bit. "

@Evilsbane:  

Nobody ever complains that a 2D mario game just takes you in one direction... funneling where you have to go... if they were invisible barriers people would have had much less of a problem with it.. I think I died twice from swinging or falling into the radiation in two playthroughs. I just cannot see how it is much of a problem when the game is constantly telling you where to go. I hate the idea that all games should let you go  anywhere, choose whatever path you like...its not GTA... it's not spiderman. It is a  loveletter to an 8-bit sidescrolling swing em up.
9mmStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By 9mmStudios
@thecleric said:
" Darkness is the most underrated game of this gen Escape From Butcher Bay was of last gen.  They reviewed well, but just not fondly remembered enough. "
I just ordered The Darkness, for $5.00 CA. Watched videos of it and it seems like a kick ass game. The reviews for it were good,  but, everybody just kind of forgot about it for some reason.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By sjschmidt93
Braid is overrated. Half-Life 2 + both of it's episodes are waaay overrated.  Fallout 3 is a little overrated I think. And Dead Space, too.

@Meltac
said:

" TimeShift was an underrated game. It had cool features, and I really enjoyed it. 

Completely disagree. Did not like Timeshift. Cool concept, though. 

As for underrated... Burnout Paradise. I still play that game consistently. Also, Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I don't here a lot of praise go around. It reviewed well (and sold well, I think) but I never hear anyone talk about it.
roach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By roach

Underrated: 
The Darkness 
TimeShift 
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men  
Medal of Honor Airborne