• 134 results
#1 Posted by Porcelain_Snake (159 posts) -

i had to buy silent hill 2 3 times. the first time it f-ing snapped when i tried to take it out of its case when i was up to the final area. ordered a new copy off ebay and rented the game to finish it. fast forward a year later and its missing. i cant find it. its GONE. had to buy yet another off ebay. if silent hill 2 wasnt game of the century i wouldnt do this but alas. so how many times have you had to buy a single game?
#2 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

marvel vs capcom 2 on dreamcast, XBLA and PSN

#3 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Phantasy star online. on the dreamcast, gamecube and two copies on the PC.

#4 Posted by wwfundertaker (1404 posts) -

Warcraft 3 bought it twice, i thoughy i lost the game but found it.

#5 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

Sid meier's Pirates! twice, because i lost one of the cd's for the first game plus the second was cheapy, using dvd's for all my i don't want to swap disc when installing needs.

#6 Edited by Deadmanforking (578 posts) -

Tekken Tag. 
The first one I got, got all scratch up (Damn cat)
The second one I got would not load up after the title screen. Luckily the store took it back.
The 3rd one (which was free) had the same bug, they didnt take it back.
So like a year later I got it off Ebay for like £5. Had the same bug as the other 2! 
5th time I finally got a copy that work just fine. 
In the end, Tekken Tag was not worth all the trouble.

#7 Posted by yoyokid (119 posts) -

twice, i resold rbs2 once than was hankering to play it again went back out and bought another copy. come to find out it was the one that i brought back. it was over a year from return to rebuy.

#8 Edited by Marz (5658 posts) -

Final Fantasy Tactics i bought 3 times,  once when it came out,  that disc got scratched so i had to buy it again,  then i got the PSP version when it came out.

#9 Posted by Porcelain_Snake (159 posts) -
@yoyokid said:
"twice, i resold rbs2 once than was hankering to play it again went back out and bought another copy. come to find out it was the one that i brought back. it was over a year from return to rebuy. "

what is rbs2?
#10 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -
@Porcelain_Snake: I'm guessing Rainbow six 2... Could be wrong though
#11 Posted by Sweep (8921 posts) -

i have about six copies of Sonic 2, bought twice for Sega MegaDrive, then once on PC, once on XBL, once as part of a Plug-in-and-play stupid fucking thing for my TV and one as part of sega allstars collection.

#12 Posted by PenguinDust (12552 posts) -

Probably Pac-Man the most:

• 2600 version back in the early 80's
  • 2600 version was also available on the Atari Classics pack for the original Xbox
  • GBA version
  • XBox Live version
Funny thing, I'm not even a huge Pac-Man fan.  I much much prefer Centipede, Dig Dug, or Galaga.  I did buy Galaga for the GBA and then again off XBLA.  There are several games I've bought twice in fact. KOTOR, Age of Empires 2, Far Cry, Half Life and Half-Life 2, and Saints Row 2 (thank you Steam).
#13 Posted by Porcelain_Snake (159 posts) -
@Dejkrigeren:
ah yes that makes sense. cheers.
#14 Posted by Evilsbane (4645 posts) -

Halo 3 twice because the first one (And my 360, both my controllers, all my cables) was stolen out of my car. And I bought The Orange Box on PC and Xbox.

#15 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I've bought like 5 copies of World of Warcraft (vanilla) if that counts, if not: the original Final Fantasy I think/guess.

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

Well Tetris, really. I've probably purchased like 10 versions of that game.

#17 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

I bought two copies of Animal Crossing: City Folk plus a second Wii so my sister would have her own town and stop using mine.
#18 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Bought XIII, the comicbook-like FPS for the pc. It was 5 euros, so I bought it for myself and a friend.

#19 Posted by ptys (1968 posts) -
I desperately want to play Silent Hill 3 but I don't have a PS2 anymore... Well I could ship it over but it's a hassel for 1 game.
#20 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I bought Borderlands twice, for PC and PS3. I also rebought Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal since I had regretted selling them.

#21 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

College Hoops 2k7 (underrated game).  I believe 3 if not 4 times,  I never knew the xbox was the problem.

#22 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Starcraft. I must have bought that thing 5 times or something. I kept losing the CD key.

#23 Posted by tomte (291 posts) -

FF X, 3 times.
Bought it for myself in Sweden, loved it so bought it as a b-day gift for a friend.
Moved to Japan and wanted to replay it so bought another copy of it

#24 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Sonic 2 
Genesis 
XBLA 
PS2 - Sonic Whatever Collection Plus 
PS2 - Genesis Whatever Collection 
360 - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

#25 Posted by JDDrewes (256 posts) -

Age of Mythology twice. but i bought a damned Ubisoft version of it so the online doesn't work for some reason >:P

#26 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Pokemon: 
Red 
Blue 
Yellow 
Gold 
Silver 
Crystal
Sapphire 
Diamond

#27 Edited by Astalder (26 posts) -

Fallout 3 x3.  X360 and played to 100%, sold, bought for PC later, realized I don't enjoy playing single-player games on PC, bought GOTY for X360.

I've made this mistake a bunch with games I now own 2 copies of (i.e. X360 and PC, or PS3 and PC).

#28 Posted by Porcelain_Snake (159 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

"Pokemon: Red Blue Yellow Gold Silver CrystalSapphire Diamond "

ha i think thats the only justified one. ....barely.
#29 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

Have bought Half Life 2 three times in total. Once for the pc, once for the xbox and then as part of the orange box. Which means I also bought Episode 1 twice.

#30 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

SOTN three times, Morrowind three times. 

Didn't like Morrowind much, ironically. Got it on Xbox when it came out, and couldn't get into it. Got it on PC when Oblivion was about to come out, and still couldn't get into it (as well as performance problems). Got it on Steam bundled with Oblivion during an Elder Scrolls sale, decided not to waste time messing with it.

My dad bought me SOTN when he bought me my PS1 back in the day (initially hated it and was mad at him for getting it for me, but that changed drastically). I bought it again later for PS1 when my original disc came up missing. And a third time on XBLA. Oh and the soundtrack, if that counts for anything.

#31 Posted by Astras (973 posts) -

Shadow of the colossus 3 times... i keep losing/lending and moving house.
Warcraft 3 twice
Final fantasy 7+8 twice
Vandal Hearts twice

All i can think of atm.

#32 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Ultima Online: Renaissance, I think I bought it 5 or 6 times.
#33 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Portal. Three times. Yup.

#34 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

co4 3 times, traded it in twice but the cravings never went so  i ended up buying it again

#35 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

WoW, 4-5 times.

#36 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

FFX-2 three times. I also have a ton of games I bought twice, like the ps3 version of a game earlier and pc version later. I have tons, I need to have the best looking version and to play it early.

#37 Edited by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Peggle on PC, iPod, iPod Touch, Xbox Live Arcade. 

Edit: I've also bought Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube, PS2 and Wii.

#38 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I never bought a game twice or more. 
Only once, made a copy of it and shelve them untill the copied disc is worn and repeat the process all over again. 
#39 Posted by DeadRockstar (32 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII. US version, EU version and PSN.

#40 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1787 posts) -

Probably Half-Life 2. Bought the original Xbox version after I got a 360, before the Orange Box came out. Then I bought the Orange Box for the 360, and then later bought it again on the PC.

Also, Sonic 2. Owned it on the Genesis, then bought it on XBLA, then later on bought Sonic's UGC, which had that and a bunch of other Genesis games I used to own.

Bought Jak II twice due to the first copy being stolen. Bought Timesplitters 3 twice because I had it on GameCube at first, then I got rid of the GC and all the games. I had an urge to play that again last summer and I went out and bought the PS2 version.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -

Final Fantasy X-2, about 3 times I think. I got up to chapter 3, the game kept freezing, bought a new one but lost that one during a move, and then bought it again

and lost it again D:

#42 Posted by HHAP (214 posts) -

Super Mario World on SNES and Virtual Console

#43 Posted by hinderk (690 posts) -

I have three a PS3,360,PC(Retail), and steam versions of Half-Life 2.

#44 Posted by fallen_elite (380 posts) -

I bought Oblivion 4 times or 5 times. I've never been so compulsive about re buying a game. Got it the first day of release on 360, then bought the GOTY for the 360 (If I recall), then bought the PS3 GOTY, then bought the PC GOTY, sold it, then re bought it on PC, sold it again and I will rebuy it on Steam during a weekend sale eventually and be done with it.

#45 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" Final Fantasy X-2, about 3 times I think. I got up to chapter 3, the game kept freezing, bought a new one but lost that one during a move, and then bought it again  and lost it again D: "
That was three times too many.  I've bought Starcraft or the SC battle chest about 5-6 times. It's been like $10 or $20 for 7 years. Plus, I fucking love that game.
#46 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Borderlands for PS3 and XBOX
Fifa09 for PS3 and XBOX
Street Fighter IV for PS3 and XBOX

#47 Posted by gunstar (252 posts) -

I've bought Link's Awakening 3 times. First one I lost. Second one was when the DX version game out. Third was when my DX version stopped saving randomly, though I could probably beat it in one sitting... batteries allowing.

Another is Gunstar Heroes on Genesis twice, and once on Xbox Live Arcade (yay username). Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on PS2 upon launch and Xbox just so I can listen to my own playlists while I play it. Earth Defense Force 2017 for 360 because the game is fucking awesome and I should have never sold it back to gamestop.

#48 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

TES3:Morrowind, 4 times on the original xbox, 2 GOTY editions for xbox also. 3 different times for the pc and 2 GOTY for the PC also. Somehow to this day i don't actually own that game. 11 times.....

#49 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Halo 3. I bought it twice. Once on release and then a while later I picked up this "ODST" thing thinking it was a new game but it was just a new package.

#50 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Canteu said:
" TES3:Morrowind, 4 times on the original xbox, 2 GOTY editions for xbox also. 3 different times for the pc and 2 GOTY for the PC also. Somehow to this day i don't actually own that game. 11 times..... "
You win. Did you at least finish it?