#1 Posted by Preminicious (6 posts) -

Have you played a game and completed it more than once?

Have you done it for more than one game?

If so, what game(s) and how many times?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I've done it for plenty of games, depending on the replay value and how much I enjoy. If I enjoyed the game, then I most likely played through it again, regardless of it actually has worthwhile replay value or not.

#3 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1865 posts) -

Pokemon takes the crown for the most playthroughs.
also, a lot of the old Mario, Sonic and Zelda games get a regular playthrough by me.

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Yeah for tons of games, Who doesn't?

#5 Posted by Mattxx (45 posts) -

Yeah, for lots, mostly RPGs or adventure games though. I usually plow through a RPG or adventure game for story on the first playthrough, then on the second I try and find every little thing I can. 
I played through Persona 3 four times, FOUR TIMES. That was alot of hours.

#6 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Hell yeah I do. I squeeze every last drop out of my games.  

Then there are those games that I play through once every year or so like Final Fantasy Tactics or LoZ: Ocarina of Time

#7 Posted by Pickingwings (181 posts) -

I rarely play through games multiple times unless it's a really good game.  Only games I had played through more than once are Pokemon Gold, Viewtiful Joe, MGS4, and Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time.

#8 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

It depends on the game.

I've played through FFVIII 4 times, Pokemon GSC 4 times, LoZ Majora's Mask 3 times, Pokemon RSE twice, Persona 3 twice, Forza Motorsport 2 twice.

I am about to start my second run of Persona 4.

#9 Posted by Harbinger_Of_Hippos (224 posts) -

Mass Effect 1; don't remember how many times. Bioshock; 2 or 3 times. InFamous; 2.5.
Probably some others that I don't remember, and I have a few that I have started to replay but haven't finished again, yet.

#10 Posted by RockAction (376 posts) -

Don't play through games that often but i've played half life 2 about 5 or 6 times including the episodes and resident evil 4 two or three times otherwise i can't think of many 

nintendo games are always good for replaying, played mario 64 a couple times and ocarina and wind waker  

also completed mgs2 a couple times 

thinking of playing through gta4 again

#11 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Off the top of my head, Knights of the Old Republic about 10-20 times over the years. Dragon Age about 5-6 times, and more half games that I gave up on then I dare to count. Every Command and Conquer up to generals about a dozen times. Vanguard Bandits 5-6 times. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance about 3-4. The original Advance Wars a few times. 

There are more, but that's all I can think of right now. Oh, and Chrono Trigger 3-4 times on various platforms. 

Oh, and various Pokemon games more times then I can count.

#12 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

I find i do it less and less, and haven't done it at all on my PS3, only on my PC. My most explored game has to be Planescape Torment, or maybe Starcraft. I suppose you could say Diablo 2, but it doesn't really count for me, since you have no other choice than to play through the campaign, even if that's not the primary goal of playing.  

I've just recently installed Torment again, and i'm almost through it; this has to be the game i've given the most attention when it comes to discovering every small detail.

#13 Posted by Helios1337 (323 posts) -

I play through the games I really enjoy multiple times. Never right away though, I usually replay them at least a few months later or even years.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

not many more than twice. Way of the Samurai 3, but a single playthrough takes like 2 hours at most.... got 5 endings. Zeno Clash 3 times (dunno why)

many many games twice though. Persona 4, Persona 3, Resonance of Fate, SMT: Strange Journey, Stalker: Call of Pripyat... list goes on man

#15 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

every time i try playing through a game, i end up stopping like 5 minutes in. i guess i just lose interest. i can't really remember any games i've replayed recently.  
one i can name off the top of my head is Resident Evil 5, though. i must have finished that game more than 5 times

#16 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I have finished Saint's Row 2 several times, thanks to friends that picked it up later and wanted to co-op. 

I finished MGS4 twice 
FEAR twice 
Heavy Rain twice 
Ridge Racer 7 twice 
Fallout 3 three times 
Soldier of Fortune: Payback countless times (we play it super drunk) 
Crackdown 1 and 2 in co-op several times 
Halo 3 in legendary co-op more times than I care to count 
Halo 2 and Halo 1 and ODST in co-op so many times I can't bear to count 

and many others....... If you have co-op. I will probably beat your game into submission. Yeah, even you 50 Cent, even you.

#17 Posted by NegativeCero (2973 posts) -

Not usually, no. I did end up playing Final Fantasy X about 3 times after getting pretty far each time because I kept leaving my memory card at friend's houses.

#18 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2906 posts) -

If I like a game enough to beat it, chances are very good I'll play it at least twice. The more I like it, the more times I say "I wanna play through that game again."

#19 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

As long as I enjoy the game and it's not exceptionally long I'll probably replay it at one point or another.

#20 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

over the years yes, but never back to back (as in restarting a game after finishing it)

But ive played (and finished) games more than once a lot, especially since getting into steam and rebuying games i used to own on consoles

#21 Posted by E_rock (153 posts) -

There are very few games that'll play more than once.  Usually RPGs are the only genre that will get a replay out of me.

Half-life series at least 5 times including my recent play through of the Orange Box. 
Mass Effect - 3 times 
Fallout 3 - 3 times 
Mass Effect 2 - 2.5 times (god damn insanity mode) 
Dragon Age : Origins - 2 times 
All of the COD series - Twice, once on normal once on veteran.  Not necessary out of enjoyment more so out of achievement hunting.

#22 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 - 8 Times 
Mass Effect - 3 Times 
Kingdom Hearts 2 - 4 Times 
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 2 Times 
Borderlands - 2 Times 
Prototype - 2 Times 
GTA San Andreas - 3 Times 
Megaman 1, 2, 3, 8 - 3 Times
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 36 Times 

There are more, I just can't think of any more. I usually replay games that I really like. Sometimes I will replay a game if I can get some achievements for it.

#23 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

I've beaten Star Wars: The Force Unleashed about 15-20 times. I've beaten Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening, and all the DLC essentially 2 times (2nd playthrough of Awakening I'm about 10 mins from the end).

#24 Posted by Empirepaintball (1389 posts) -

Honestly, I don't do this as much. The only games I do it for are the RPG-esque games like ME2, Fallout, Borderlands, and Fable.