#1 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Saw this on Joystiq and seems incredibly interesting to me.

The Sun at Night developer Minicore Studios announced that it's currently prototypingMurder at Mystery Manor, an online multiplayer investigation game that puts players at the heart of a low-poly murder mystery.

Similar in setup to the classic board game Clue, Murder at Mystery Manor challenges players to unanimously identify a murderer among their ranks by piecing together clues and communicating discoveries with one another. Unlike Clue, however, the player who is assigned the role of the murderer at the beginning of each game must successfully break away from the group and kill an assigned target without being seen by other players, adding a layer of deception to gameplay.

Murder at Mystery Manor is in development for PC platforms, and a release date has not been announced. Minicore is also developing The Sky Below, a direct sequel to last year'sThe Sun at Night.

I would love to play this game with a bunch of friends and it would be just like old times playing murder in the dark with like 20 people. Now I could see my friends and I only doing this once so a single player mode would be a must for me, but it would be cool if it randomly developed a murder mystery for you to solve OR a scenario where you have the murderer and convince the NPCs that you didn't do it and destroy evidence. What do you all think?

And if you haven't seen Clue go and watch the damn movie! Jeff and Ryan convinced me to see it a few years back and that is a masterpiece of cinema, easily one of my favorite comedies.

#2 Edited by Wolfgame (695 posts) -

I saw this on siliconera of all places and thought it looked very interesting, these type of games are usually very interesting; at least in premise, hopefully it holds up as more details come about.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

I saw this on siliconera of all places and thought it looked very interesting, these type of games are usually very interesting; at least in premise, hopefully it holds up as more details come about.

Agreed, I want to see how it actually plays, maybe the GB crew get in separate rooms and film them playing the game or something to see if it works. It's also not going to be coming out anytime soon so I hope I don't forget about it which I tend to do.