#1 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

Hey Guys,

I recently starting listening to the fez soundtrack, by Disasterpiece, while I'm at work. It's just soothing and engaging enough to let me concentrate and get into a "zone." Does anyone know of any similar artists or albums?

#2 Posted by Mesoian (1573 posts) -

Amanaguchi

Jim Guntrie

DVA and the Botanicula soundtrack.

#3 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

@Mesoian: oH Botnicula, I didn't even think about that! thanks

#4 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

Hate to be the guy to self-bump, but any other recommendations are welcome!

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3822 posts) -

That soundtrack reminded me most of the music in Blade Runner.

#6 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@klinkcow: Dustforce has some great music, and it's mostly relaxing. (You should totally just buy the game+soundtrack btw)

#7 Edited by klinkcow (252 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

@klinkcow: Dustforce has some great music, and it's mostly relaxing. (You should totally just buy the game+soundtrack btw)

thanks, this is awesome!

#8 Posted by Jothel (913 posts) -

Super meat boy and machinarium come to mind

#9 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

DJ Cutsman is a pretty good chiptune music maker. Some of it is more relaxing than other parts though, so it might be advantageous to create a custom playlist. Also: Get the Wii U grooves album, very chilled out.

#10 Posted by wumbo3000 (939 posts) -

Might I recommend the VVVVVV soundtrack?

#11 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

DJ Cutsman is a pretty good chiptune music maker. Some of it is more relaxing than other parts though, so it might be advantageous to create a custom playlist. Also: Get the Wii U grooves album, very chilled out.

Seriously, Maybe it's the fact that I don't dabble in chiptunes too much, but I've never heard of this guy and it's awesome. He does a pretty rad Deadmau5 cover too!

#12 Posted by hiono (48 posts) -

i second the dustforce and add the splice soundtrack not exactly the same but good still

#13 Edited by AssInAss (2545 posts) -

No one mentioned Boards of Canada? Disasterpeace even said they were an influence. It's not chiptune, but the same mood.

#14 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

No one mentioned Boards of Canada? Disasterpeace even said they were an influence. It's not chiptune, but the same mood.

DUDE, this is exactly what I'm looking for...perfect

#15 Posted by AssInAss (2545 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

Ah, so Lifeformed (Terence Lee) is the guy used on Double Fine Adventure documentary!

#16 Posted by klinkcow (252 posts) -

I kinda want to keep this open, just in case anyone has any more recommendations... everything mentioned has been fantastic!

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

Maybe The Album Leaf. At least consider listening to some samples.