Muzyka and Zeschuk quit BioWare

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn

Source here.

BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Gregh Zeschuk have both resigned from Mass Effect developer BioWare.
The industry veterans, who founded the EA-owned Cabada studio in 1995, said they had decided to leave the development giant to pursue other ventures.
In a leaving message, Muzyka said he had taken the "incredibly difficult" decision to retire from the games industry altogether, and would be moving on to an entirely different set of challenges.
He revealed he had made the decision as early as April, at which point he provided EA with six months notice of his impending departure.
Greg Zeschuk meanwhile said he had left because he no longer had the passion he once had for BioWare, games and development, but did not rule out a return to the industry in future.
"I feel the need now to move on to a new chapter in my career," said Muzyka.
"With the growth of BioWare to multiple locations as part of a public company, following two decades of multiple successful product launches across many platforms and business models, I’ve largely personally achieved what I wanted in videogames; I now desire to take on a brand new entrepreneurial challenge."

Muzyka's reasons for leaving are detailed in his own blog.

So... what do you think BioWare will do from now on? Will it fully become just another EA studio, or will it keep whatever is left of its original identity?

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sploder

Well I don't know what to think really. I believe that the quality of their games has been declining for years now but I always felt that they were worth watching at least. Now that they've gone what is it safe to assume about the future of the company? Will this have a positive effect? Or can I just pretty much just say something like 'Dragon Age 3 will be shit,' and be accurate?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz