deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm debating on whether I should buy MW2 PC version or Uncharted 2

1 - I know that Uncharted 2's price will eventually drop
2 - I'm pretty peeved about the whole no dedicated servers thing for MW2 and the price isn't likely to drop significantly any time soon.

Both will be great games I'm pretty sure about that.
I'm leaning towards Uncharted 2 for the length of the game and I'm pretty sure the story will be more engaging. I hear the only story telling devices in MW2 is a bit of dialogue and recon info between loads? I could be wrong though, but then again who plays MW mainly for the story?

In the end I'll prob get both but just deciding on which to get first, money doesn't regenerate in my pocket quick enough yet =/ 

any suggestions?

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wealllikepie

mw2 bro, i got uncharted 2 and its really good, but wait 4 mw2, seriously ;)

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

Why not wait for Modern Warfare to be released, then compare peoples opinions on both? Though, if you really can't wait... I'd go with Modern Warfare 2. Simply because, it's the only game I can play out of the two.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RedRoach

at first glance i would say mw isnt about the story. But when i think back to the last half an hour of the game......... dude i was next to heart broken when gaz was killed, and when that guy trying to revive Price i was litteraly yelling at the screen "COME ON PRICE, YOU CAN MAKE IT, C'MON PRICE!"

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By KamasamaK
@Jman522 said:
" 1 - I know that Uncharted 2's price will eventually drop "
Both of them will eventually drop, but Uncharted 2 already dropped $10 at GameStop.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Branthog

This shouldn't even be a question. If you pre-order Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon, you get $20 off a future purchase of videogames from Amazon. That takes the cost down to $40 right there. On top of that, you can play Uncharted 2 any time. So why not wait until you can pick it up for $30? Meanwhile, enjoy lots of multiplayer on MW2 which will only be doable until that game is replaced by the next iteration in a year or so.

I'm not sure if the $20 off is good for PC if that's what you're looking to get it on. I really haven't cared for the way COD4 felt on the PC (can't explain why), so I wouldn't buy it for that platform anyway.

But seriously... then you could buy MW2 for $60 and then have $20 towards the purchase of Uncharted 2 via Amazon...

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@Jman522: Dude just get Uncharted MW2 is absolute shit now seriously.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Kohe321

Hmm, that really is a tough decision. Get both as quickly as possible. You just have to decide which one to get first...

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

MW2

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flaminghobo
@ShaunassNZ said:
" @Jman522: Dude just get Uncharted MW2 is absolute shit now seriously. "
You played it? (Just checking.)
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@FlamingHobo: Yes i have.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Uncharted 2 = D

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mhkjtha

uncharted 2 dude no question
dont be stupid

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Evilsbane

Well as excited as I am about MW2 heres my question are you a big CoD multiplayer person if so get that if not Uncharted 2 has a kickass single player story and though I haven't messed with the online stuff yet I hear its pretty good so...

If you want CoD multiplayer than thats the way to go (the campaign is gonna be short)

If you want a 12-15 hour single player and from what I hear pretty decent multiplayer go with Uncharted 2.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andorski

Kinda hard to give an opinion... considering that one of the games isn't really out yet.  So unless one of these fine forumers were able to get access to the game early, their suggestion doesn't really carry any weight.

thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By thefreshmaker

Uncharted 2. 

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eclipsesis

I would go with Uncharted 2 but thats me.

I'm not really a big fan of COD, i have played them all since the franchise started and in my opinion i still think the first is the best. But other than that i don't find my self franticly drawn to MW2 as the majority of people are these days. 

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for as well, Single player story or multiplayer experience. Uncharted 2 will beat MW2 in the single player campaign after all MW2 is just a another drab FPS war game.

Where as MW2 offers the simplistic arcade multiplayer experience which is accessible to newcomers and is probably the best multiplayer experience there is. But then again i don't buy games for multiplayer.   

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

At the moment, MW2 just keeps doing more and more than I find absolutely stupid, and I have no idea what they are doing to the game. Uncharted 2 hands down.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dbz1995

What do you want? A quality single player experience and good multiplayer, or a good single player experience with great multiplayer, that will probably keep you going for much longer than the quality one?

Would you rather have a plate of beef from El Bulle or settle with a neverending supply of food by Heston Blumenthal? Your choice.

I'm going for Modern Warfare 2, however-which is the Heston Blumenthal/quantity analogy.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By flaminghobo
@ShaunassNZ said:
" @FlamingHobo: Yes i have. "
Ah right. So, what's so shit?
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#21  Edited By MachoFantastico

Tough one, Uncharted 2 is simply amazing and easily the best game I've played this year (and for a good many years). 

But I can also see the reasons why folks would choose Modern Warfare 2, though I have to admit I'm a little unsure about MW2, worries me a little.  

I'd go with Uncharted 2, played it now through twice and it's simply epic with great multiplayer. 

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By FireBurger

Depends. If you're looking for the best single-player experience, I'd have to give it Uncharted 2 (no, I haven't played MW2, but Uncharted 2 is above and beyond most games I've ever played). On the other hand, if you're looking for long-lasting multiplayer, you should go with MW. Uncharted's multiplayer is good, but not great like MW's, in my opinion (even without dedicated servers).

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@FlamingHobo: The whole way the game has been going now they made it like COD4 awesome, but added shit you don't need or want like a nuke, who wants to finish the game faster, not me. The merchandising is out of control I haven't seen a game get 8 different controllers don't believe me? look them up.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By flaminghobo
@ShaunassNZ said:
" @FlamingHobo: The whole way the game has been going now they made it like COD4 awesome, but added shit you don't need or want like a nuke, who wants to finish the game faster, not me. The merchandising is out of control I haven't seen a game get 8 different controllers don't believe me? look them up. "
That isn't exactly the best description of the game. Of course, I agree with you on the nuke. Though there's not a lot of relevance to bring up the controllers that have been merchandised for the game, we're talking about the game itself here.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Branthog: 

@Branthog said:

" This shouldn't even be a question. If you pre-order Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon, you get $20 off a future purchase of videogames from Amazon. That takes the cost down to $40 right there. On top of that, you can play Uncharted 2 any time. So why not wait until you can pick it up for $30? Meanwhile, enjoy lots of multiplayer on MW2 which will only be doable until that game is replaced by the next iteration in a year or so.  I'm not sure if the $20 off is good for PC if that's what you're looking to get it on. I really haven't cared for the way COD4 felt on the PC (can't explain why), so I wouldn't buy it for that platform anyway.  But seriously... then you could buy MW2 for $60 and then have $20 towards the purchase of Uncharted 2 via Amazon... "

hmm what I'm pondering about right now is where can I save the most money, I'f I buy the game through Amazon thanks Branthog^^ I can save 20 bucks on uncharted 2, but if I go the other way around ill prob pay about 55 after tax for uncharted 2 and also pay full price for MW2 and I'm pretty sure MW2's price will not drop any time soon.

so buy MW2 from Amazon and get 20 dollar discount to use on uncharted 2? Sound like a good deal?

*hugs Branthog*^^
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EVO

I love Modern Warfare as much as the next guy, but you'd be an idiot not to get Uncharted 2. 

Who cares if it's full price? It's worth it and more importantly you'll be supporting Naughty Dog, a developer I think that genuinely deserves it.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By harrisonave

YOu should know the answer to this.  Do you want an incredible single player experience or an incredible multiplayer experience?  Sure, the campaign in Modern Warfare was pretty awesome, but  that's not what you buy an Infinity Ward game for...

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nanikore

Goddamnit kid (Uncharted reference! :O), get both!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Andorski

Picking one game over another is like finding a bride in a brothel.  It cannot be done!

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Griddler

Well I have both and Uncharted 2 is awesome.. Really it just comes down to your taste

Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Leviticus128

well mw2 isnt out yet so dont make us decide for you

FoleyLantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FoleyLantz

Go MW2 if you plan on playing online...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai

Since I don't give two-bit shits (actually one bit) about MW2 I'd say go with Uncharted 2. It all comes down to your personal taste. 

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By lead_farmer

You should wait for Modern Warfare2 to come out.  If you have a friend that has Uncharted 2, see if you can borrow his copy.
I have Uncharted 2 and I will say that it is pretty damn good, but I can see where you are conflicted because MW2 is effin MW2.

flip a coin

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By belaraphon

clearly you should do both. its only fair.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By RHCPfan24

I can't really judge because Modern Warfare 2 is not yet out....but Uncharted 2 is fan-fucking-tastic. Go buy that as soon as possible and find money to buy Modern Warfare 2 soon after.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Giantsquirrel
@belaraphon said:
" clearly you should do both. its only fair. "
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog
@Jman522 said:
" @Branthog: 

@Branthog said:

" This shouldn't even be a question. If you pre-order Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon, you get $20 off a future purchase of videogames from Amazon. That takes the cost down to $40 right there. On top of that, you can play Uncharted 2 any time. So why not wait until you can pick it up for $30? Meanwhile, enjoy lots of multiplayer on MW2 which will only be doable until that game is replaced by the next iteration in a year or so.  I'm not sure if the $20 off is good for PC if that's what you're looking to get it on. I really haven't cared for the way COD4 felt on the PC (can't explain why), so I wouldn't buy it for that platform anyway.  But seriously... then you could buy MW2 for $60 and then have $20 towards the purchase of Uncharted 2 via Amazon... "

hmm what I'm pondering about right now is where can I save the most money, I'f I buy the game through Amazon thanks Branthog^^ I can save 20 bucks on uncharted 2, but if I go the other way around ill prob pay about 55 after tax for uncharted 2 and also pay full price for MW2 and I'm pretty sure MW2's price will not drop any time soon.   so buy MW2 from Amazon and get 20 dollar discount to use on uncharted 2? Sound like a good deal?   *hugs Branthog*^^ "
I just checked Amazon and the price for MW2 is $60 and the price for Uncharted 2 is actually only $50 (nice!). So you could get MW2 for $60, then get Uncharted 2 for $30 (after using the $20 credit from MW2). So you'd end up paying about $90 total for two awesome games. This is assuming you don't have to pay tax (which you shouldn't for Amazon, unless you live in a few certain areas)... and of course, you'll need to pre-order MW2 really soon to make sure you get in on the $20 credit. They will actually give you the credit a couple days after the game ships... so hopefully Uncharted 2 will still be $50 after November 10th/12th, so you can apply the credit to it then.

Also, if you know someone with Amazon Prime who can place the order for you (it's $80/yr but well worth it if you buy a ton of stuff like myself) they will ship MW2 for free so that it arrives at your doorstep on release day.

I also had understood that the $20 at Amazon was the direct result of a price war between Amazon and Walmart. Originally, Amazon was selling pre-orders with $10 credit. Then after a few weeks, it became $15. Then the very next day after being raised to $15, it was raised to $20... and I have seen some people stating that it is also $20 off at Walmart (either $20 or a $20 credit -- not sure which). So, that might be an alternative to check out as well.

Hope it works out for you -- Uncharted 2 is unbelievable, but unlike MW2, it's more or less over after 15 hours, unless you want to go back and play it in Crushing mode (although the multiplayer is fun for quite awhile, too).
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By natetodamax
@FlamingHobo said:
" @ShaunassNZ said:
" @FlamingHobo: The whole way the game has been going now they made it like COD4 awesome, but added shit you don't need or want like a nuke, who wants to finish the game faster, not me. The merchandising is out of control I haven't seen a game get 8 different controllers don't believe me? look them up. "
That isn't exactly the best description of the game. Of course, I agree with you on the nuke. Though there's not a lot of relevance to bring up the controllers that have been merchandised for the game, we're talking about the game itself here. "
I've spent hours and hours watching this guy stream the multiplayer, and I have not seen the nuke used once. And if someone gets a 25 kill streak, the game is basically over already. ShaunassNZ has obviously not played Modern Warfare 2.
skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By skidd

I think theyre different enough games, it depends on which style of shooter you prefer. Personally, I'd go for Uncharted 2

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidSwords

1.)  Buy one 
2.) Steal one 
3.) ??? 
4.) Profit

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By artofwar420

I CAN PICK MY CHILDRENS I LOVE THEM EQUALLY!
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@natetodamax: Fuck finally someone caught up gosh if you thought I had already played it your an idiot! Go natetodamax! 
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

GET MW2.

CriPPleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CriPPleR

Uncharted 2. MW2 is published by Activison. ;)

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By septim

Out of principle I would not buy the PC version if the dedicated server thing bothers you. In the world of video games you vote with your dollars.

Uncharted 2 is a master-piece from beginning to end. Also the MP is much more robust then I was expecting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@septim:  After thinking about all the issues with MW2 , and recently heard that the game will only have 9v9 and no leaning I'm considering uncharted 2. 

I mean I have no doubt that MW2 is a fun game but I really just wanna wait and see what happens with that game. And I know I won't be loosing out with uncharted 2 I know that game is for sure def awesome^^
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGreatGuero

These are the two biggest contenders of 2009 GOTY. I think you need both. Also, why bother with the PC version of Modern Warfare 2? Clearly you have a PS3 for Uncharted, why not get MW2 on PS3 instead of PC? You've already held off on Uncharted 2 for this long, so I think maybe you should go for MW2 instead. Or wait for reviews of the game and then decide when it comes out next week.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By meteora

You should wait until MW2 comes out with the reviews then compare. Though I would get both, a lot of people seem to really like Uncharted 2. You probably might not want to get the PC version of MW2 if you're really upset with the PC features being stripped away and instead the PS3 version.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TwoOneFive

Uncharted 2. 

but both are definitely MUST OWNS its just that Uncharted 2 is masterpiece. its really like an instant classic whereas MW2 is going to be the most awesome and amazing thing ever and then years later nobody will give a shit.