#1 Posted by rasko9 (70 posts) -

i have mw2 and i always used to play it. then i bought black ops and aside from the zombies the multiplayer part felt like a step back it also didnt seem as smooth as mw2.

i havent bought mw3 yet and thats my question to you all. is it worth buying or is it more of the same thing?? or should i buy b3?

#2 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

It's almost the exact same game as MW2... So if that's your thing then get it, if not don't.

#3 Posted by rasko9 (70 posts) -

yea i wuz afraid of that. yea thats a good point im gonna stop call of duty till next gen lol

#4 Posted by MackGyver (627 posts) -

If you want to continue the story from MW2 or your're really big on the multiplayer, then get MW3. Otherwise it's basically the same game.

#5 Posted by Willin (1287 posts) -

You're going to stop Call of Duty? Are you the one the prophecy for told?

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -

Get Battlefield 3. The multiplayer in BF3 is constantly exciting and rewarding. MW3's multiplayer feels better than MW2 in some ways but it's basically the same game. Rent it for the story if you're interested in it.

#7 Posted by rasko9 (70 posts) -

@Willin:

yes i am lol

the next big thing is the sci fi haloesc shooter that ex infinity ward guys are working on lol

#8 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Is...is CoD bringing new users to GiantBomb? If so...I just..I don't know how I feel.

I must meditate on this subject over some Amped 3.

#9 Posted by NTM (7624 posts) -

Are you referring to multiplayer or the campaign? If you want to finish off the campaign, I'd say it's probably worth it, though in some ways it's not 'cause of it being only four hours long. If it's for multiplayer, I don't see a reason to play it.

#10 Posted by MentalDisruption (1680 posts) -

You're stopping CoD? So the second coming of Jesus is true afterall...

#11 Posted by rasko9 (70 posts) -

thats a perfect idea im just gonna rent it at the local family video for the campaign nd play some multip till i have to turn it in lol

i still gotta play thru my arkham city i havent even opened yet lol (game of the year i can tell just by the cover haha ) . too busy on my infamous 2 run and la noire that i rented lol

#12 Posted by laserbolts (5386 posts) -

It's the exact same thing only the maps are even worse.

#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

The previous game is always better....people hate sequels.

#14 Posted by w00ties (186 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: Yet they still buy them. I love our modern society.

#15 Posted by blake_brown (120 posts) -

MW2 had a better, more interesting campaign. However, MW3's multiplayer features are better by far. The maps and weapons are incredibly well-balanced in comparison to Black Ops or MW2 (ie. no noobtube-ing, not as much claymore usage, no overpowered shotguns) and Spec-Ops is noteworthy (would have been perfect if they allowed 4 players in Survival mode).

In short, if you come to Call of Duty for multiplayer, just get MW3 and be done with it.

#16 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I like Battlefield 3 more.

Vehicles, bigger maps etc.

(Runs for cover)

#17 Posted by BlinkyTM (1046 posts) -

@rasko9 said:

thats a perfect idea im just gonna rent it at the local family video for the campaign nd play some multip till i have to turn it in lol

i still gotta play thru my arkham city i havent even opened yet lol (game of the year i can tell just by the cover haha ) . too busy on my infamous 2 run and la noire that i rented lol

Blasphemer. Feed him to the Narwhals!

Skyrim is Game of the Year!

#18 Posted by Nux (2456 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Is...is CoD bringing new users to GiantBomb? If so...I just..I don't know how I feel.

I must meditate on this subject over some Amped 3.

I think you might be right. There has been a lot of threads about MW2 Vs MW3 popping up lately all created my new users.

This is a dark time for Giantbomb...or not, who knows.

#19 Posted by Branthog (5611 posts) -

As was already stated, MW3 is basically MW2. However, that's not the entirety of it. There are changes, like leveling up weapons individually (I'm as susceptible at the Pavlovian reward process as anyone else, I suppose), changes to some perks (no more commando), a different game type or two, and a modified care package process (one option offering players like myself who haven't ever gone beyond the 8-kill-streak without dying).

On the down side, the maps aren't as interesting as MW2 or Black Ops. In fact, they feel kind of regressed in size, variety, and interactivity (though that could all be perception, only). Worse, the two worst things in the game are back - Predator Missiles and Heartbeat Sensors. Yes. Fucking heartbeat sensors.

In my opinion, Black Ops may be the best of all three games and is certainly better than MW3. Having said that, I'm becoming more comfortable and satisfied with MW3 after about forty-five hours. I'm still counting this as a down-year, though, and looking forward to the next iteration (they have to make a sizeable step forward, eventually . . . right . . . ? right . . . . ?)  But, yeah, it's more of the same thing. But every iteration of this franchise is more of the same thing. AC4 is more of the same Assassin's Creed, too.

However, if you have to pick only one game, BF3 is a superior experience, without a doubt. Better maps, larger engagements, slower pacing, more options to cater to individual play styles. (I'm referring to BF3 on the PC here as I've not played it on console and don't intend to).

Also, if you're on the PC, maybe give Red Orchestra 2 a shot. It's $40 on Steam and you'll probably see a discount to $20 during one of their sales in the next three or four weeks. It's a fantastic game, if you have a little patience to get a feel for it.