• 57 results
#1 Edited by Trains (134 posts) -

Activision, Infinity Ward, or more precisely, can actually burn anything. Currently, the shooter world is still waiting eagerly awaiting Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Infinity Ward have also attracted attention.

Thus Modern Warfare 4 is already in development, such as voice actor Bill Murray (not the Ghostbuster) betrayed. Murray gives the English original Cpt. Price's voice. In an interview he said: "Yes, on Monday I meet with Infinity Ward and talking about the next game - Modern Warfare 4th I will collaborate on the sequel to Modern Warfare third Continue straight and I'm so far been heard only in Modern Warfare games. "

Well, this is not really surprising. So far, every year a new Call of Duty was released, so why not in the next?

Source: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgamesforpublic.de%2Fmodern-warfare-4-bereits-in-entwicklung%2F

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

After MW3 I have lost all faith in Infinity Ward being able to put out a good call of duty game. I hope they surprise me though.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Wow, WOW, you mean to tell me that a Call of Duty game is coming out next year? That's fucking insane, it's like nothing ever heard of before!

What next, America is going to hold another election in 4 years?

#4 Posted by Trains (134 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: Yep, I'm pretty sure America will hold another election in 4 years judging by their previous patterns in between presidents!

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

Oh Trains. You are the best Porcupine Tree song.

#6 Posted by mmzOne (278 posts) -

Man, I was so hoping that this would be about a new Mechwarrior game.

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5165 posts) -

This is me, completely shocked at this shocking news.

#8 Edited by Pie (7112 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Wow, WOW, you mean to tell me that a Call of Duty game is coming out next year? That's fucking insane, it's like nothing ever heard of before! What next, America is going to hold another election in 4 years?

No need to be such a dick. Jeez

#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

This doesn't surprise me as much as you making a decent thread. Well done!

#10 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

Genuine surprise at Trains making an informative news topic.

#11 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3245 posts) -

Hope it doesn't sell well and other games obtain the chance to be successful.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6715 posts) -

Modern 4fare. Modern Warfour. Modern Morefare. Moredern Warfare. Take your pick, Infinity Fourd... err, Ward.

Infournity Ward.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@Pie

@NekuSakuraba said:

Wow, WOW, you mean to tell me that a Call of Duty game is coming out next year? That's fucking insane, it's like nothing ever heard of before! What next, America is going to hold another election in 4 years?

Just in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't aiming my post at the OP to insult him, I was just pointing out how blantanly obvious it was that this was going to happen.
#14 Posted by Corvak (1173 posts) -

Treyarch still has my support, based on the first Black Ops, but I don't think i'd buy MW4 at launch. MW3 was a bit of a let down.

I know CoD gets a lot of hate online (despite massive sales numbers) but generally, it delivers the best military shooter experience, and this really didn't happen with MW3. Not sure if it was all the staff changes at IW, or what, but it didnt keep me interested like MW2 and Blops 1 did.

#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@Trains

@NekuSakuraba: Yep, I'm pretty sure America will hold another election in 4 years judging by their previous patterns in between presidents!

Well, that sounds good to me!
#16 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Pie

@NekuSakuraba said:

Just in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't aiming my post at the OP to insult him, I was just pointing out how blantanly obvious it was that this was going to happen.

Oh. Well good job pointing out the obvious.

(?)

#17 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

cool. i really like MW games so the more the better.

anybody that doesn't fancy should just not buy it

#18 Posted by Trains (134 posts) -

@Corvak: I'm pretty sure MW3 just made you realise that you were bored or burnt out with the series, for all you know BO2 could be to BO1 what MW3 was to MW2.

#19 Posted by RecSpec (3943 posts) -

I'm actually interested in the single player campaigns of these games, so I can't wait to see where they go with it. Especially after seeing what BO2 did. 

Completely over the multiplayer though, so that's good.

#20 Posted by VierasTalo (935 posts) -

Man, that is one fucked up translation, making Bill Murray appear like some otherworldly being.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I wouldn't say that (I'd probably say Fear of a Blank Planet), but it's in my top 5 for sure

also not surprising news really

#22 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Breaking News

Call of Duty: Black Ops III announced for Q4 2014

#23 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Don't you mean Modern Fourfare Mr. Murray? Amirite?

Oh and patch things up for Ghostbusters 3 will ya!?

#24 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Makes sense. To revamp the series, they need more time but trying to do it while also trying to be out in time for a next gen system is not a good idea. They need to get comfy with the new tech then jump into making big changes. As you saw when COD2 came out and THEN we got Modern Warfare.

#25 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Weird since MW3 ended the story if MW. Guess I shouldn't be shocked about it.

#26 Posted by EuanDewar (5100 posts) -

Modern Warfare 4th!!!

LIKE SAINTS ROW THE THIRD?

#27 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

But the story was so neatly tied up. I understand people want modern gunz multiplayer wankery, but they could at least call it something different and write a story that isn't based on Price. 

#28 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

But the story was so neatly tied up. I understand people want modern gunz multiplayer wankery, but they could at least call it something different and write a story that isn't based on Price.

Another evil Russian appears!

#29 Posted by impartialgecko (1689 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

This is the kind of quality reference I come to Giant Bomb for.

#30 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (850 posts) -

Great, yippee, cant wait, elated.

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4848 posts) -

@Trains said:

Kudos for the 100% correct response. :D

#32 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
#33 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

They are aiming to beat Final Fantasy it seems.

#34 Edited by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 4, huh? i think i'll skip on cod this time around.

#35 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1776 posts) -

@mmzOne said:

Man, I was so hoping that this would be about a new Mechwarrior game.

me too :(

#36 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

gross

#37 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

As great as that song is, I'm gonna have to back up this.

#38 Posted by Korolev (1727 posts) -

NOT the Ghostbuster? Not interested.

#39 Posted by believer258 (12205 posts) -

At first I was like whoa, Bill Murray is Captain Price!?

But then I read "not the Ghostbusters one" and was severely disappointed. Otherwise, there's no real news here.

#40 Posted by Rainbowkisses (467 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

This doesn't surprise me as much as you making a decent thread. Well done!
#41 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -

I'm actually surprised the next IW game is gonna be named Modern Warfare. That either displays extreme confidence in Black Ops 2 or extreme stupidity on the part of Activision. Modern Warfare desperately needed a break, but trotting the name out again will lead to consumer distrust after the general lack of "oomph" delivered by MW3 if MW4 isn't as solid. I'm basing that disappointment in MW3 not from my perspective, but from the perspective of those I talked to, who generally said that MW2 had better maps. If MW4 isn't good, that'll be the end of the MW trustworthy name, and that'll mean Black Ops is the only "for-sure" cash cow Call of Duty has.

Of course, I wasn't expecting Call of Duty 5 next year, either, and I knew there'd be a new Call of Duty game coming out. I just didn't think it'd carry the MW name.

#42 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

This does actually surprise me, considering how conclusive 3 was.

#43 Posted by YukoAsho (2129 posts) -

@Trains said:

@Corvak: I'm pretty sure MW3 just made you realise that you were bored or burnt out with the series, for all you know BO2 could be to BO1 what MW3 was to MW2.

I'm not sure. MW3 felt, in nearly every way, a step backward from Black Ops.

Actually, this is what has me most interested. Part of the reason the Modern Warfare games never implemented popular updates from the Treyarch games was that West and Zampella hated having to share the franchise with Treyarch. This will be the first game to have a full dev cycle at IW without West and Zampella. Will they continue to stick their heads in the sand, or will we finally see IW catch up to Treyarch?

#44 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Modern 4fare. Modern Warfour. Modern Morefare. Moredern Warfare. Take your pick, Infinity Fourd... err, Ward.

Infournity Ward.

Amazing post haha

#45 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Goddammit, I was fine with MW3's ending and would have liked to see something else. Sadly though I have to buy it since I'm way too invested in the Modern Warfare "story" to skip it.

#46 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@ImHungry said:

Genuine surprise at Trains making an informative news topic.

Between this and the GTA V topic... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE.

#47 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

In Absentia is their best album, by far. Don't even disagree, I'll fight you.

#48 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i'm not surprised by it. i'm kind of getting tired of the game coming out. activiation needs to give the call of duty game a break. it's getting hearing about the game.

#49 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

It's all clear. Modern Warfare is not modern anymore. Of course it's gonna sell like a bitch due to the teens, nothing wrong with that. But the franchise is totally losing it's spirit now and becoming a generic, faceless, casual FPS à la Rambo.

#50 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Fuck, I honestly got excited because I skimmed the OP and thought it was Bill Murray, the Ghostbuster, inexplicably voicing Cpt. Price.