My 360 Sounds Like a Vacuum....

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

So about two weeks ago my third xbox showed up from Texas, back from repairs. I've been using it off and on the past few weeks, and the fucking thing is loud as hell. My last two systems were loud, yeah, but never this bad. The thing sounds like it's going to fucking keel over any minute. That and it constantly dops me from Xbox Live.

I just got off the phone with customer support, and they did little to help the matter. I was patient and curteous to them, as their job must suck, and instead of acknowledging the noise issue, they ignored it entirely. Instead, they transferred me from console to Xbox Live tech support like I was a fucking idiot. So I get to XBL tech support and tell the guy my problem. He gives me the whole spiel on disconnecting my router/modem and takes all my information except for blood type, height, and weight. After the modem and router are reset, he tells me to try and play a game online. I had Gears 2 in and figured it was good enough. I tried diving into the matchmaking and got a message about my firewall. Now, keep in mind I have very little connection protection on my computer, there isn't even a password on the network! The guy tells me I have to open my NAT ports and all of that shit, which wouldn't be a problem, had I not gone through the process a few months ago. The guy neglected to tell me that I'll have to have all of my fucking ports opened all fucking over again.....

So after this I thought about ripping him a new asshole but found a different, more effective way of dealing with this ineptitude. I told him to hold on, and yelled "How much would I get for it?" across the room. I paused for a moment and then said "250?! Sounds great." I returned to the conversation and said the following: "Thanks for the help, but I think I'll just go buy a PS3."

Click.

But now I still have a noisy ass Xbox that drops my connection. Should I induce the red ring to get a new one? If this shit keeps up I feel I might, after all, it's summer and there aren't that many games coming out that interest me in particular.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Insectecutor

I guess they've heard "my 360 is so noisy" a lot. Is it the drive making the noise or the fans?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@Insectecutor said:
"I guess they've heard "my 360 is so noisy" a lot. Is it the drive making the noise or the fans?"

It's loudest when it boots up a game, so I'd guess it's the drive. The fans are noisy too though.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By crunchUK
@OmegaPirate said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
LMAO

you win the thread...
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax

o_______o

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DECA555

RRoD Imminent 

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By skywing

i hear F10 fixes evey problem.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Keep calling customer support to complain and record the calls. Always ask for their name and always be nice (you can be frustrated but don't curse them out or anything). Keep a blog or record of all your problems and post the calls online.

Companies hate that kind of stuff cause it makes them look bad.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Dude, that is an awesome way to end that phone call.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meteora

That is indeed strange for your situation, and a hilarious way to hang up on the customer support. Have you tried to install games on the HDD? That often dampens the drive noise considerably.

Getting a red ring also works, probably your best bet if you don't feel comfortable with your current 360.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

If worst comes to worst and your 360 DOES break you could just... help your 360 get the RROD...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Selling my 360 and getting a PS3 couldn't have been a better choice for me.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Reuben

Yeah, They should really stop sending those half assed xbox360's back from repair. Not everyone gets them in that state but it happens.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By meteora

I think the problem is that they don't really have anyone do quality control over the repairs. If they did then there wouldn't be anywhere nearly as many faulty repairs. Of course they probably don't do this since it costs money, resources and time.

Giving better and reliable repairs also works though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#16  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Couple of recommendations.  When you get any sort of tech support on the phone, explain to them that you've gone over the standard repair check questions with a individual in another phone call.  That should get them to quit asking you the same old twenty questions.  Second, if they won't send out a box for you to send it in for a replacement, ask immediately for a supervisor and ask them point blank why they won't replace a faulty console that they just supposedly repaired.  Tell them your frustration and let them know you're willing to stop purchasing any further consoles from Microsoft unless this console is replaced immediately after sending it in.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate

Have you had any more progress with this buddy?