#1 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1298 posts) -

Sooooo for some reason 3 of my XBLA games have reverted to being trials...MK3, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3...I purchased all of them a long longgggg time ago, but am now locked out...despite the fact that it kept all the points I received from them.  Have any of you ever had this problem and what should I do??I was gonna call/email MS and complain...I think that's my only real choice here, but yaaaa this is a total bummer and a mind fuck.  My only theory right now on why this happened is because when I went home for Thanksgiving (Canadian) back in October I got a new 360 elite and recovered my gamer tag onto the new hard drive...for about a month before that I hadn't had my xbox online at all because I am in a residence that has a terrible connection...so i'm thinking I just need to go online with my old hard drive once I get home for christmas...I don't know if that made any sense, but ya that's all I got.  Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

Games are tied to the console you purchased them on.  When you buy a new console and get a new hard drive, moving the games over isn't enough.  You then have to convert the licenses over to the new drive.  There is a how-to somewhere on the Xbox website.  Even after all that, the games will still only be trials if you are playing without being connected to Live.  There is no other way.  If you are not connected to Live, the games you purchased before you got the new hard drive will operate as trials.

#3 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1298 posts) -

ahhh I see...thank you very much

#4 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

A side note to this.  If you own a game that is no longer available for purchase (Double Dragon for instance) and deleted it since, you can still re-download it by looking in your download history.  It's a pain in the ass, but it's at least still there and not lost.