#1 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

Hello there beautiful people. I'm the guy that's wasted way too many hours in front of Microsoft Word writing enough reviews to have the most reviews out of any user on Giantbomb. I assume that by proxy of being that guy with the most reviews around the time Giantbomb introduced a points/quest system and an audience hungry for points, that I became the user reviewer with the most recommendations.

I've started trying to chronicle what sparse games I find myself playing and have gotten a bit of a bug for it. So I've had the idea planted in my head; write a review every day for a month. And hey, a June month is coming up.

And if this is something people aren't entirely indifferent on, make a charitable fundraiser out of it. Maybe get people to give to Child's Play or something like that.

So, yeah. Let me know if this is something you would (or would not) give a crap about. Would you endorse this cause and my resulting repetitive stress injury?

#2 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1478 posts) -

If you review terrible games that would inflict self harm to anyone who plays it for extended periods, yes.

#3 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

If you review terrible games that would inflict self harm to anyone who plays it for extended periods, yes.

I don't have a whole lot of those in my collection. Doing this would require some ethically questionable means that I imagine not a lot of people would be thrilled about.

#4 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

@CanuckEh said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

I don't have a whole lot of those in my collection. Doing this would require some ethically questionable means that I imagine not a lot of people would be thrilled about.

You could go buy a bunch of really bad games for a couple bucks each at pretty much any used game store. hahah... I must know your opinion on Turok, Dark Sector, and Lair.

#5 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

@HatKing said:

@CanuckEh said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

You could go buy a bunch of really bad games for a couple bucks each at pretty much any used game store. hahah... I must know your opinion on Turok, Dark Sector, and Lair.

Now that...becomes a bit more plausible.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

How does the charity part of your plan work again?

#7 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

if you're serious about this you gotta find a sponsor or something

#8 Posted by Khann (2914 posts) -

I would not give you any money.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Isn't doing a final boss thing that same month? I wouldn't mess with a guy with such knowledge on Andross' brain.

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

Child's play is kind of a dumb charity. I mean it's good PR for the industry and everything but I wish the game industry supported more charities.

#11 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

How does the charity part of your plan work again?

You're giving me too much credit in suggesting I even have a plan yet.