My big surprize (PSP Bombees)

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By StaticFalconar

I gotta say, I overall don't care much for the PSP, but this year they have released a bunch of games that I for one was interested in. Of course, it would come as the biggest shocker to me that GB's game of the year for PSP of the would not be a game I hadn't any interest in.

This is of course the new revamped space invaders, but more on that in a bit.

Seriously every other game I would expect to win but didn't; yet when I look at it I understand.

God of war was a Ps2 game and while this chapter was on the PSP with mods to make it portable friendly, it overall would have been better if I had just played it on a PS2 instead. Same for Crisis core, but patapon and wipeout would have been fine quite frankly. the way the game is built and how quickly you can finish a level, it seemed it would have been the perfect fit for the on the go experience.

But it seems I was wrong. The one game I didn't go out of my way to play was the winner. And then it hits me why.

Pacing.

The original Space invaders was an Arcade Game that had the pacing down to a science of sucking your quarters. While I like the visual style of wipeout or the artistic music rendition of Patapon; just like Crisis core and God of war, I had sat down and made time to play these games. Yet the PSP is a portable device so if you where gonna live with it everyday, you would want to play with it everyday.

Space invaders didn't mess with the pacing too much and is perfect for the 'on the go' game that a true portable console should be. Granted I didn't even try to play this game at all so I have no idea what the other changes Space Invaders had that made it 'Extreme'; yet it was good enough to hit the nostalga bone of the GB crew followed with enough new additions for them to not just pass it up as another rehash.

Space invaders Extreme may not be the game of teh year for the PSP for me, but I do respect GB's decision. If I ever truely own a PSP and not just borrow them temporary to play the games I want; I would have to try out Space Invaders Extreme.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

I gotta say, I overall don't care much for the PSP, but this year they have released a bunch of games that I for one was interested in. Of course, it would come as the biggest shocker to me that GB's game of the year for PSP of the would not be a game I hadn't any interest in.

This is of course the new revamped space invaders, but more on that in a bit.

Seriously every other game I would expect to win but didn't; yet when I look at it I understand.

God of war was a Ps2 game and while this chapter was on the PSP with mods to make it portable friendly, it overall would have been better if I had just played it on a PS2 instead. Same for Crisis core, but patapon and wipeout would have been fine quite frankly. the way the game is built and how quickly you can finish a level, it seemed it would have been the perfect fit for the on the go experience.

But it seems I was wrong. The one game I didn't go out of my way to play was the winner. And then it hits me why.

Pacing.

The original Space invaders was an Arcade Game that had the pacing down to a science of sucking your quarters. While I like the visual style of wipeout or the artistic music rendition of Patapon; just like Crisis core and God of war, I had sat down and made time to play these games. Yet the PSP is a portable device so if you where gonna live with it everyday, you would want to play with it everyday.

Space invaders didn't mess with the pacing too much and is perfect for the 'on the go' game that a true portable console should be. Granted I didn't even try to play this game at all so I have no idea what the other changes Space Invaders had that made it 'Extreme'; yet it was good enough to hit the nostalga bone of the GB crew followed with enough new additions for them to not just pass it up as another rehash.

Space invaders Extreme may not be the game of teh year for the PSP for me, but I do respect GB's decision. If I ever truely own a PSP and not just borrow them temporary to play the games I want; I would have to try out Space Invaders Extreme.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I am 'bout to buy a PSP , it is a wonderful hand held console