My Current Gaming #1

dchispirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By dchispirtle

Hi friends, this blog entry is the first in which I hope to be a bi-weekly series of blogs to share with you what my current conquests are in the gaming world.  For this inaugural edition, I'm taking it back a generation ago.

Curse of Darkness; Front & Back; PS2
I'm playing through this one, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, the last 3D game in the classic series to be released.  While its certainly not the best Castlevania game that's been released the past 5 years, it is the best of the home console ones that have been released.  With a new protagonist not affiliated with any other games or the Belmont clan, the story does take place shortly after the events of Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse which was released for the NES many years ago.  Interesting game mechanics and a thin revenge plotline don't add up to a great game, but its not half bad either. 

As of today, I'm about 1/4 of the way through the linear progression of the levels, unable to complete every map 100% of the way because I don't have the necessary skills or Innocent Devils to meet full completion.

Front cover of Kingdom Hearts II Greatest Hits (US) for PlayStation 2
Yeah, I've had this game for quite some time now, and I'm just now getting around to playing it.  I really loved the first game and really look forward to see where the story in this one picks up.  The first several scenes are very slow moving and have more FMV than gameplay, but I know it will pick up quickly in a little while.  I'm still playing as Rikko, which I am pretty certain is Sora.

dchispirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dchispirtle

Hi friends, this blog entry is the first in which I hope to be a bi-weekly series of blogs to share with you what my current conquests are in the gaming world.  For this inaugural edition, I'm taking it back a generation ago.

I'm playing through this one, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, the last 3D game in the classic series to be released.  While its certainly not the best Castlevania game that's been released the past 5 years, it is the best of the home console ones that have been released.  With a new protagonist not affiliated with any other games or the Belmont clan, the story does take place shortly after the events of Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse which was released for the NES many years ago.  Interesting game mechanics and a thin revenge plotline don't add up to a great game, but its not half bad either. 

As of today, I'm about 1/4 of the way through the linear progression of the levels, unable to complete every map 100% of the way because I don't have the necessary skills or Innocent Devils to meet full completion.

Yeah, I've had this game for quite some time now, and I'm just now getting around to playing it.  I really loved the first game and really look forward to see where the story in this one picks up.  The first several scenes are very slow moving and have more FMV than gameplay, but I know it will pick up quickly in a little while.  I'm still playing as Rikko, which I am pretty certain is Sora.