#1 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -

It dawned on me today, as I was mulling over purchasing Far Cry 3 on steam, that I haven't purchased a physical copy of a game since Red Dead Redemption LAST summer (or was it the summer before that?). I purchased a ton of games since then of course, but ALL have been on steam. The convenience of steam, not to mention the killer sales , is just so much more convenient for me.

Also, screw Best Buy. They're charging 59.99 for the PC version of Far Cry 3 (Canada), plus tax, which comes up to around 67 dollars.

Just a random thought.

Also, this is my first post in maybe 2 years! I've missed the forums ( I have been lurking though :P)

#2 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

sup bro, you having the romance with the game?

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

My box copy purchases have dropped significantly when I made the shift to PC. I'll only buy a retail copy when it's a console exclusive game that I want.

#4 Posted by HappyCheeze (89 posts) -

I thought you were going to post about having an online girlfriend

#5 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -

@HappyCheeze: Nah, I may be pathetic sir, but I'm not THAT pathetic :P

#6 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: I guess I'm the same way. I think the next physical copy of a game I will purchase will be The Last of Us. And it will probably be my last game on a console this generation, excluding PC of course.

It's funny, I used to be a PC only gamer, then I shifted to PS3, then I found myself slowly creeping back to PC. I didn't even notice it till tonight actually.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (13927 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about a My Chemical Romance cover band. Now I am disappointed.

#8 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I thought this was going to be about a My Chemical Romance cover band. Now I am disappointed.

Don't be, we can start one. Together.

#9 Posted by jking47 (1191 posts) -

I thought this would be about you falling in love with someone over a MMO.

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

Welcome to the wonderful world of pc gaming.

#11 Edited by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@Conker said:

@Demoskinos said:

#12 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@Conker said:

@Demoskinos said:

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG BOY
MY FATHER
TOOK ME INTO THE BEST BUY
TO BUY A BOXED COPY

HE SAID SON WHEN
YOU GROW UP
WILL YOU BUY
YOUR GAMES FROM BRICK AND MORTAR
OR GET THEM ALL ON STEAM

WELCOME ABOARD