My E3 Prediction list

exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Edited By exanubisleader

I am not a psychic just a gamer with a lot of time on his hands. These are all guess and do not contain any insider knowledge.

Nintendo Press Conference:
I think nintendo will continue to keep up there track record of failure.
1.They will spend 20 minutes on how many DSi's, Ds's and Wii's they sold last year and this year.
2.They will  preach about how they are bringing new experiences to bigger audiences, particularly older and female ones.
3.They will annouce a release window for Zelda Ds game ie Spring 2010.
4.New colors for the DSi.
5.Assure us that Mario team is at work.
6. Announce new Wii (insert stupid title here) game with dumb ass attachement.
7. Remind us that Wii sports Resort is coming soon.
8. Show third party support : Red Steel 2, EA sports games, Harry Potter Movie game. e.t.c.
9.Tease a new Mario game.
10. Proclaim the awesome power of the Wii motion Plus and show games that will support it coming this year.
11. Show new Dsi games but no real dates.

Nintendo Wish:
I would like them to say that they are taking some of there money and hiring new studios to work on new or Old IP's. Seriously bring back 2d metroid for the Dsi.
Also I would like to see WIi virtual console games playable on the DSi.

Sony Press Conference:
I think Sony will be predictable with a few suprises.
1. God of War game playable on the show floor and release date with new trailer.
2. Uncharted 2 scheduled for Fall 2009
3. MAG shown a little.
4. New Ratchet game talked about.
5. 20 minutes of them saying how many PSP's, PS3's and Ps2's they sold. (God for bid they forget about the PS2)
6. Show a new psp that has a release date of no earlier then winter 2009. This new version may be a series 4000 or it could be a new PSP with built in waffle maker.
7.Team Ico game annouced with trailer.
8. PS3 price drop but not really. I think a PS3 slim will be annouced with a bigger hard drive and they will drop the price of current models to get ready for PS3 slim which will come out August or September.
9.New studios added to the PSN movies.
10. Home improvements on the way. I am sure the 8 fans out there will be thrilled.
11. PSP titles Dissidia, Assassin's Creed and Little Big Planet will be annouced.
12. New Twisted Metal Game.

Sony Wish:
Seriously sony give me a reason to love you. Your system has a few interesting things going for it but If I my PS3 was a women she would have left me by now because I hadn't touched her in so long. Annouce an exclusive THIRD PARTY GAME. Kingdom Hearts 3 ,FF7 remake ,anything. Also get with the times of your online service.
Make it not so difficult to play with friends online.

Microsoft Press Conference:
I think when it comes to hardcore gamers they will not disappoint.
1. Halo 3 ODST gameplay trailer with release date.
2. Peter Molyneux game teased with trailer but not shown.
3. Microsoft to show third party support by touching on games like Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2.
4. Forza 3 with Trailer annouced for November,
5. New avatar custumization including possible store where you can buy new items. Yeah for this one I can't wait to have my avatar decked out with a polo shirt that caust me 160 MS points.
6. 1 v.s 100 release date followed by a bunch of casual games.
7. Summer of arcade annouced for July: Will include Marvel V.s Capcom 2 , Teenage mutant Ninja turtles, Golden Eye, Zuma 2 and a few others.
8. They will annouce how many Xbox live users there are.
9. Drop the price of the 360 by 50 dollars.
10. Importance of DLC touched on.
11.Mass Effect 2 will be exclusive.
12. 2nd possible Halo game teased.
13. They will steal a beloved Sony franchise out of Sony.
14. Announce a few JRPG's as well as remind us of Magna Carta 2 and FF13.
15. GTA episode 2 teased

Microsoft Wish:
I'm not expected gold from them but I would like to see one important thing. I would like to see a Zune portable gaming device. I know it is stupid for them to consider breaking into the market of hand helds that is clearly dominated by Nintendo but seriously imagine the ability to play XBLA games like Castle Crashers or TMNT woth a friend while you wait in line for your movie to start. If they marketthe idea right they could come out on top. I could see them making a budle that is expensive but comes with a Zune 2 and 1600 MS points. O well a man can dream.

Overall E3 predictions.

1. Half Life 2 episode 3 annouced/ Portal 2.
2. Beyond Good and evil 2 shown.
3.EA annouces Dead Space 2 and shows al ot of Dead space Extraction.
4. Ea sports talk about "New amazing" features in new titles.
5. Square Enix shows Kingdom Hearts DS and PSP games and brings FF13 japanese demo.
6. Capcom annouce remake of classic game. Please be Mega Man X with better graphics but still 2D.
7.Elder Scrolls 5 possibly.
8. Dead or Alive 5 shown.
9. New Ghost Recon shown.
10. Rare will tease a new game for 360.
11. Namco bandai to show new Naruto, Dragon Ball and other stupid games.
12.Capcom will focus on possible New Street Fighter Characters, Lost planet 2 demo on Xbox live, Dark Void release date and Onimusha game possible annouced.

I wonder how accurate I will be.

exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By exanubisleader

I am not a psychic just a gamer with a lot of time on his hands. These are all guess and do not contain any insider knowledge.

Nintendo Press Conference:
I think nintendo will continue to keep up there track record of failure.
1.They will spend 20 minutes on how many DSi's, Ds's and Wii's they sold last year and this year.
2.They will  preach about how they are bringing new experiences to bigger audiences, particularly older and female ones.
3.They will annouce a release window for Zelda Ds game ie Spring 2010.
4.New colors for the DSi.
5.Assure us that Mario team is at work.
6. Announce new Wii (insert stupid title here) game with dumb ass attachement.
7. Remind us that Wii sports Resort is coming soon.
8. Show third party support : Red Steel 2, EA sports games, Harry Potter Movie game. e.t.c.
9.Tease a new Mario game.
10. Proclaim the awesome power of the Wii motion Plus and show games that will support it coming this year.
11. Show new Dsi games but no real dates.

Nintendo Wish:
I would like them to say that they are taking some of there money and hiring new studios to work on new or Old IP's. Seriously bring back 2d metroid for the Dsi.
Also I would like to see WIi virtual console games playable on the DSi.

Sony Press Conference:
I think Sony will be predictable with a few suprises.
1. God of War game playable on the show floor and release date with new trailer.
2. Uncharted 2 scheduled for Fall 2009
3. MAG shown a little.
4. New Ratchet game talked about.
5. 20 minutes of them saying how many PSP's, PS3's and Ps2's they sold. (God for bid they forget about the PS2)
6. Show a new psp that has a release date of no earlier then winter 2009. This new version may be a series 4000 or it could be a new PSP with built in waffle maker.
7.Team Ico game annouced with trailer.
8. PS3 price drop but not really. I think a PS3 slim will be annouced with a bigger hard drive and they will drop the price of current models to get ready for PS3 slim which will come out August or September.
9.New studios added to the PSN movies.
10. Home improvements on the way. I am sure the 8 fans out there will be thrilled.
11. PSP titles Dissidia, Assassin's Creed and Little Big Planet will be annouced.
12. New Twisted Metal Game.

Sony Wish:
Seriously sony give me a reason to love you. Your system has a few interesting things going for it but If I my PS3 was a women she would have left me by now because I hadn't touched her in so long. Annouce an exclusive THIRD PARTY GAME. Kingdom Hearts 3 ,FF7 remake ,anything. Also get with the times of your online service.
Make it not so difficult to play with friends online.

Microsoft Press Conference:
I think when it comes to hardcore gamers they will not disappoint.
1. Halo 3 ODST gameplay trailer with release date.
2. Peter Molyneux game teased with trailer but not shown.
3. Microsoft to show third party support by touching on games like Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2.
4. Forza 3 with Trailer annouced for November,
5. New avatar custumization including possible store where you can buy new items. Yeah for this one I can't wait to have my avatar decked out with a polo shirt that caust me 160 MS points.
6. 1 v.s 100 release date followed by a bunch of casual games.
7. Summer of arcade annouced for July: Will include Marvel V.s Capcom 2 , Teenage mutant Ninja turtles, Golden Eye, Zuma 2 and a few others.
8. They will annouce how many Xbox live users there are.
9. Drop the price of the 360 by 50 dollars.
10. Importance of DLC touched on.
11.Mass Effect 2 will be exclusive.
12. 2nd possible Halo game teased.
13. They will steal a beloved Sony franchise out of Sony.
14. Announce a few JRPG's as well as remind us of Magna Carta 2 and FF13.
15. GTA episode 2 teased

Microsoft Wish:
I'm not expected gold from them but I would like to see one important thing. I would like to see a Zune portable gaming device. I know it is stupid for them to consider breaking into the market of hand helds that is clearly dominated by Nintendo but seriously imagine the ability to play XBLA games like Castle Crashers or TMNT woth a friend while you wait in line for your movie to start. If they marketthe idea right they could come out on top. I could see them making a budle that is expensive but comes with a Zune 2 and 1600 MS points. O well a man can dream.

Overall E3 predictions.

1. Half Life 2 episode 3 annouced/ Portal 2.
2. Beyond Good and evil 2 shown.
3.EA annouces Dead Space 2 and shows al ot of Dead space Extraction.
4. Ea sports talk about "New amazing" features in new titles.
5. Square Enix shows Kingdom Hearts DS and PSP games and brings FF13 japanese demo.
6. Capcom annouce remake of classic game. Please be Mega Man X with better graphics but still 2D.
7.Elder Scrolls 5 possibly.
8. Dead or Alive 5 shown.
9. New Ghost Recon shown.
10. Rare will tease a new game for 360.
11. Namco bandai to show new Naruto, Dragon Ball and other stupid games.
12.Capcom will focus on possible New Street Fighter Characters, Lost planet 2 demo on Xbox live, Dark Void release date and Onimusha game possible annouced.

I wonder how accurate I will be.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By End_Boss

Alright kids, time to play a little game. It's called "Spot the Bias." Can you do it?

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I think your list is pretty sensible home boi.

exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By exanubisleader
@End_Boss:
If you mean how I seem to have a bunch of positive predictions with Microsoft you are probably right about Bias. I only call them like I see them and the whey I see it is Nintendo  has disappointed me and Sony has not shocked me. If you try and tell me that Nintendo's press conference was good last year you must be on crack. I have all the systems and I like certain games on each one. But I think as a gamer I have right to desire more from companies I had come to know and respect. I will say Sony is doing a much better job but they need to stop doing things half assed. I.E HOME and PS3 online functionality. Xbox has it's faults though I will not deny that but they are mainly hard ware. When it comes to software they have been providing very well.
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By meptron
End_Boss said:
Alright kids, time to play a little game. It's called "Spot the Bias." Can you do it?
lol. Well the man likes his Halo... what do you want from him???
exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By exanubisleader
@Meptron:
I do as well as bioshock kindom hearts FF 7 Prince of Persia Go of war and many more.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FCKSNAP
Meptron said:
End_Boss said: Alright kids, time to play a little game. It's called "Spot the Bias." Can you do it? lol. ... [more]
He only likes Halo? He must be an Apple fanboy.

Anyway, E3 isn't that great. It hasn't been the same since broadband. Think about it. You used hear things on IRC or ZDnet/TechTV and totally be psyched  out  for the August issue of EGM. Now we can just watched the damn things live on the web, or read about it later on Kotaku or Joystiq. It just isn't the same.
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BBQBram

If Nintendo doesn't at least tease a new Zelda or Mario, hell even a Metroid would do, the few hardcore fans clinging on to hope will finally give up as well. I appreciate them gaining new audiences, but please Nintendo, don't forget who made you.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BBQBram

If Nintendo doesn't at least tease a new Zelda or Mario, hell even a Metroid would do, the few hardcore fans clinging on to hope will finally give up as well. I appreciate them gaining new audiences, but please Nintendo, don't forget who made you.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By choffy21
I've never seen a less-thought out, more biased list on the internet.

I appreciate the time you took to build this list, and realize that it's your opinon. But next time, make sure it's somewhat believable and not totally biased towards Microsoft.
exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By exanubisleader
@choffy21:
I'm just curious but whats your favorite console. It doesn't matter to me what kind of console I play the game in what matters to me is a console providing experiences for what I paid for. Seriously nintendo has pretty much abandoned it's hardcore roots. Lets look at the facts. Both DSI ware and Wii ware game have been abysmal with a few exceptions. Do they even look at the games before they certify them. They are almost as bad as XNA studios games. The Wii itself has had about 9-10 good games in it's life time. The DS has its moments and love the dam thing, but other then Kingdom Hearts, Zelda and a few others they really seem to decline in that field too. Buying a system is an investment.

When we look at PS3 in the begining they were horrrible. They have made many improvements though. They finally have third party support and they have a few PS3 thirdy party exclusive games. But they still have not stream lined there online network. When it comes to downloading anything or talking to friends online or in a match it is a very complex unneeded system. They have good exclusive games I.E Infamous, Killzone 2, Ratchet, Resistance series. Unfortunately they just don't take online play seriously enough. For god sakes they don't even throw in a crumby 15 dollar headset.

As for 360 well they still haven't got there system to stay functionial for longer then 6 months at a time. They charge lots of money for ridiculous add ons i.e. wallpapers and gamer pictures.They also don't allow a little freedom of user generated content like mods for UT3 on the PS3. The difference between do I buy a game for PS3 or 360 is simple. Does the game have online or will one system offer exclusive content. These things matter. When a person comes into my store and asked me if they should get a PS3 or 360 I don't say get a 360 right away I instead ask them questions. Things like will you be playing online?  What kind of games are you into ? How old is this person your buying it for? Do you have netflix? Do you have a Hi def tv with HDMI support? Theses are the deal breakers that I tell people. If they don' have online but have a Hidef t.v these are points for the PS3 side. If they have online and are intereseted in playing online, I tell them the 360 is better suited for those but that you do have to pay for those services. If it's for a kid and they don't want a Wii I usaully then ask them if they would be getting online because then I can tell them about XBLA games. ( There are more XBLA games and a better variety then PSN games) It really all depends on the situation.

Well I am done ranting and it probably accomplished nothing but I hope you understand where I am coming from.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
End_Boss said:
Ah-hah. Yes. ;)

Why the hell do you want Sony to announce a "third party exclusive" when they have like 8 first/second party exclusives?
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FCKSNAP
exanubisleader said:
@choffy21: I'm just curious but whats your favorite console. It doesn't matter to me what kind of console I play ... [more]
It was horrible, that's why I'm not an early adopter. And downloading is just a straight-up download manager, it's the Network Interface Card's speed everyone has a problem with. Also what complex system? There is none, it's always been up to the developers to use PSN in their own way, mostly because Sony is primarily a hardware company and not software (as opposed to Microsoft, who provide the network system in their SDK). And I hate talking to strangers online, so I leave my mic off in public matches (on any system I play, even PC), and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I'd rather play a good Single player game than waste my time playing a bunch of online games. Who's with me on this?
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
FCKSNAP said:
exanubisleader said: @choffy21: I'm just curious but whats your favorite console. It doesn't matter to me what kind of console ... [more]
I'm with you. Give me single player and a lack of packaged microphones anyday.

Was literally my one reason for switching to PS3. Anyway we don't need to go into this... All there needs to be is Team Ico. And ALAN WAKE for goodness sake.
exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By exanubisleader
@get2sammyb:
The reason I want them to annouce third party exclusive is because I already expect them to be coming out with all their franchises. Exclusive third party games help show you that you have made a good investment. You were already going to buy a PS3 because it was the only console you could get God of War, Ratchet and Clank other titles. When gamers went into this console war we thought by getting a PS3 we would be getting Final Fantasy, tekken and a few other game only  on  the PS3. Now many of these franchises are coming to the 360 so it looks bad if you had already bought a 360 to buy a PS3.  I'm very happy with my PS3 because of blue ray and backwards compatibility. Also whats a second party game?
exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By exanubisleader
@Snapstacle:
Complex system meaning if I want to download the new Infamous demo I have to go to the demo section then the games section then the Ps3 games section then search for the game then click download then it asks me if I want to download in the background then I go to the Download manager to see how it's doing then I have to install it. They could cut a few steps and reorganize their page better. This is just one example of them not making the experience simple and easy. I agree that single player games are the best but sometimes I want to play online. When you are seriously playing online in a team based game any person will tell you that communication is key. If you aren't playing competively then you're right their is no need.

Sorry for all the and then parts.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By choffy21
get2sammyb said:
FCKSNAP said: exanubisleader said: @choffy21: I'm just curious but whats your favorite console. It doesn't matter to me what kind ... [more]
haytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By haytek
@exanubisleader:
What the hell! are you like physic or something, but I think you have summarize it pretty well. This show has been become so predictable, that is not as enticing. I think Nintendo will do what you have, but they will show something more than just figures. Good Posting!
exanubisleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By exanubisleader

Wow I am actually suprised how accurate I was  for the the Big 3 annoucements. Most of them were spot on and some were annouced around the same time but not touched on during the actual conference. Unfortunately dropped the ball on the overall predictions. owell