Welcome

Introduction

A lot happened in 2014 ......err

HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA HOM-
HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA HOM-

Links at the bottom...

Max Gentlemen

No Caption Provided
  • This neat free steam game has the etchings of a great indie game graphically & mechanically but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of modes, got to play the game, got the jist, had some mild fun and then checked out if there was anything else to pay for that would extend the fun in this game, twas not the case & left much to be desired. Desired.

For a free game it was definitely a neat little time waster though, and probably would have gained by having something minuscule (albeit fun) thing/mode whathaveyou to sink your time into some more after the initial spur of interest.The game has you mostly (exclusively really) taking control of a hat, and the hat-stack soon to follow.Wherein you -as a hat- lie on top of a man's head of your choosing, jump and avoid being knocked off the head of this man by foreign objects and animals and get another hat added on top of your hat-self, thus stack of hats, where you have to scroll up and down the stack of hats to control an individual hat and avoid the foreign objects approaching your precious hat-stack at various heights. Hat-Stack.

Controlling a 'Viking stereotype' hat in a mid-air jump, vikings didn't actually have horns on the-oh, you already knew ? sorry bit of a habbit, guess we all been reading trivia on the internet.
Controlling a 'Viking stereotype' hat in a mid-air jump, vikings didn't actually have horns on the-oh, you already knew ? sorry bit of a habbit, guess we all been reading trivia on the internet.

After surviving the entourage of hell-spawned foreign objects hating on your forced hat exorcism reincarnation swag; you finish the level(s). As I recall, doing this over and over in a survival mode of sorts let's you obtain different types of hats to 'astroprojectly' control or perhaps it was the main mode, can't recall exactly, but acquiring different hats is fun, at some point I 'asstronprojektlee' controlled a sombrero hat. Not a term officially used by the game though, as it goes for a top hat mustached-men gone with the wind motif in the art style. Asstronprojektlee.

The hat getting in the game might lead you to believe that, it's enough of a mini feature that would have have sufficed, but it was not meant to be; for long at least. À la one(two) of the other games on this list.Still a great game.

TL;DR- Neat game not much to it though.

Thom Yorke

This is Thom Yorke right ?
This is Thom Yorke right ?

• Thom Yorke single handily looks like someone broke his left orbital bone in the accompanying picture. Not at all a strong deterrent to listening to his music. Orbital Bone.

No statement on this man's personality could be acquired for the next few words (because I didn't bother) no third or forth or fifth hand accounts but that's also not a strong deterrent to writing about his music. Thom released his new solo album or maybe first solo album after not being on the band Radiohead ( I don't know either way) in 2014 and it made headlines of sorts due to in being a purchasable album through the torrent format (or erm file format umm file thing) by a well known artist... Torrent.

That's not really lame, that's pretty cool, real cool dawg. A pretty good reason to be in the headlines in my -modest, minuscule, didn't look into the history of 'big' music artists getting into selling stuff online- opinion. Dawg.

Thom Yorke will box you.
Thom Yorke will box you.

That Brain in a bottle song of his is a really a swell song, I don't think I've bothered to save this song somewhere, download it or save the official youtube video in my favorites list or something.Since that song in particular is free and I did take full advantage of that. But I definitely did use google out of the proverbial booty since listening to the song required repeated uses of typing this guy's name. No worries though, since I just kept that song on a tab at all times. All times.

TL;DR- Thom Yorke made a new nice song that I listen to a bunch.

Trackmania Nations

No Caption Provided
  • If you're a fan of this site and seem a fare amount of Quicklooks, you probably already seen this game. You may even have heard someone say that already about it. You might also know this game if you're a freeware game enthusiast.Whatever the case may be as far as your knowledge of this game, this is a fun little racing game. Meta.

Trackmania took a good chunk of my time, around June , or maybe a bit after. My computer doesn't run it very well as far as the graphics are concerned, but I think that's where Trackmania shines as far as a freeware game. I'm not frequent around the parts of the internet or in real life that have a lot of the younger demographics and or the broke gamer demographics and or the crap cpu demographics, (there is a finish to bringing up this fact I swear).However I would imagine the fact this game can run on my crap ass computer would mean that at least the aforementioned group of people, would have as much to gain from owning this & perhaps would have at least heard of it enough to try it, as much as people hearing and trying and gaining (much to my disagreement actually) to Runescape back in 07 or so. Rune.

In 2014 the struggle is still real & maybe realer than ever before, although there's definitely a good chance League of Legends and Dota have taken holds of all demos previously mentioned (as evidenced by my siblings playing LoL regularly) Trackmania's user made pop in and just go zany wacky tracks held me down for a bunch of months. If you're the type of person that replays little puzzle games until you beat each level & just plain like repetition to the fulfilling reward of repeated "figureoutment" this game has in a cliche games writing fashion something for you. Basshunter.

TL;DR- Trackmania took a lot of my time from june till now, spurring out trickling sporadic play times until September or so.FUN!

Oh For the Love of Humanity Make it Stop

Yo, I've written a hell of a lot already, and there's a couple of more things I want to write here , I had three more things I planned to write here, one of them being the game referenced in the Max Gentleman section, but man! my back is hurting from writing so damn much and it's kind of late already, so It'll just write about the game. Let's be honest you've read a lot, you deserve it.

TL;DR-I'm skipping to the end & cutting other things I planned to write about. Orbital Bone.

Freeway Fury 2 & 3

Kinda looks like Akuma from Street Fighter doesn't he? or like some bass player.
Kinda looks like Akuma from Street Fighter doesn't he? or like some bass player.
  • Damn these games we're fun. I remember seeing the first one around the free flash games websites making the rounds years ago, play it , probably thought it was alright ' okayyy' then moved on ' whatevs onto the next one' as much of my flash games early escapades tended to go. Later on I ran across Freeway Fury 3 and man, it was sharp, controls were good, there were point multipliers of all sorts, there were cut scenes with nice artwork, the game upgraded a bunch. Bunches of oats.

In the Freeway Fury games you control a furious gentleman, that's fed up with being stuck in traffic and proceeds to speed towards wherever you are going with no remorse and jump from car roof to car roof to control cars a nitro your way to the end of the stage.

This is some kind of screenshot taken by someone, it relays something about awesome physics? sure, I'll play 'that' for a second.
This is some kind of screenshot taken by someone, it relays something about awesome physics? sure, I'll play 'that' for a second.

It was the real quick fast arcade gameplay that drew me in (as it might tend with many games) fast as in: fast to understand controls (up, down ect.) & fast to respond to things on screen. Which then leads to cool things like ; when playing the game while jumping from car to car there's a rhythm that can be sped up or down. Once it kind of hits your brain that this is strictly you controlling the jumping from car to car at a moments notice, you get to go through a full cycle of a twitch impulse color wheel. You jump and then you immediately jump right after and instantly again, and then you're jumping constantly for a couple of cars very quickly which builds a multiplier (and a multiplier bar aptly named fury) and then you eventually end up jumping too early and die. This repeats several times and through twitch jumping rhythms, too fast at times, slow and measured jumps other times, you fined tune this as your passing levels and crashing cars. Some of this is shared with games like Tony hawk's Pro Skater where you have a very tight knit relation to the combos, you can do as many or as little as you can, back to back, easily and mostly at your own pace and you flip too many times or go from grind to grind too fast and you fall. Very fun. So the game(s) also fast to understand as far as the mechanics of it and their relation to you, like that one stage of pacman either in the earlier or later levels for some or after they played about a couple of games for others. It's not hard to go from novice to enthusiast and crash and burn and have fun in the process.

The fun I had with three and the boredom and curiosity I had for a sec. in between coming from work and booting up the computer led me to try 2. Freeway Fury 2 had mostly the same stuff from the 3rd one (duh) but the way going from stage to stage was different, way different , which was the neat little thing that made me play ALL the way through 2 which was longer than 3. Going up the levels in 3 , just had you there , your car crossed the end goal , next stage. Because of the way 2 had you going from highway exit to highway exit for the next stage in a full world map that be seen when you died, you could see why this complex player choice thing was maybe cut in 3 , you could easily miss a lot of 2 that way. In parts of 2 you can mix and match all kinds of different exits that would lead to different parts levels of the same world map, like ad-libbing your life with jewels of all sorts and fruits. That! made the game super fun to go through every nook and cranny (albeit slightly tedious) & that's the reference!. Payoff .

"All I know is pain, all I feel is rain. How can I maintain, with mad sh!t on my brain. " - DMX

DAMN MY BACK HURST AND MY bRAIN HUSRTS TOO.

Links! Finally !

Max Gentlemen
Thom Yorke (and I assume his real twitter )
Trackmania
Freeway Fury 3 & 2

Acknowledgements / Inspirations

These guys' posts inspired me to sit here in pain and write all this stuff, read their stuff for reading entertainment. It's cool.

demoskinos

darthorange

Thanks for being who you are and not being a jerk in the world! Regardless of whether or
not you liked what I wrote, or read what I wrote , you don't have to like it just be you !

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By UlquioKani

Man, your year sucked.

I just tried out those Freeway Fury games, they are surprisingly fun for flash games.

Good list dude, even with the inclusion of Thom Yorke