My farted out, diverse, different top 10 GOTY list for 2012!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By awesomeusername

So I just threw out a GOTY list because everyone else made one and I don't want to be left out! I didn't get to play many of the games I wanted to this year like Borderlands 2, Sleepy Dawgz, Transformers FoC, etc. so my list is kind of different, although my #1 game won't be (wink wink). This was hard to put in order so here goes nothing!

10. FTL: Faster Than Light

No Caption Provided

The picture on the left is from this site, but it's something that broke my heart. The picture shows the players ship over a burning star and every time it erupts, it sets fire to your ship. This happened to me, but I was being attacked by fucking pirates at the same time. I lost a crew member in the previous sector so I was now at 4. I moved on to a new area where a pirate ship lost gas and they decided to teleport to my ship where they proceeded to gun down 2 of my crew members while the star spread fires throughout my ship. I was horrified at this moment. There I was, 4 crew members fighting 4 pirates who had guns while being burned and losing oxygen. I was going crazy trying to kill these bastards and restore my ship. The end result was 2 of my members killed, all 4 pirates killed and a ship with around 1 or 2 health left because of a star under me. Every time I put out a fire and fixed a room, another fire will start and another room would go offline. So I decided to jump to a new part of the map. That's wear a Rebel ship automatically noticed me and destroyed me. I felt sad. Destroyed. But yet I enjoyed my near 2 hour romp through 5 sectors of the galaxy blowing up trapped pirate ships, making slavers give me their money and fuel, saving infected colonies, and destroying Rebels. The game also has fantastic music and I love the graphics style. I love this game and I'll keep going back to it for years to come.

9. Asura's Wrath

No Caption Provided

What a trip through loony ville! Want to see a dude lose his arms multiple times? Play this game. Want to fight on the moon? Play this game. Want to watch a guy that isn't Kratos yell the whole time you're playing? PLAY THIS GAME! Asura's Wrath is an awesome and weird game that gives set piece after set piece. I really don't know how to talk about this game besides saying IT'S FUCKING INSANE so I'm not going to say much. This game is ridiculous and if you haven't played it, well play it! Or not.

8. Botanicula

No Caption Provided

I haven't gotten around to beating this game yet and it will stay that way for at least another 2 weeks but every time I play it, I love my time with it. The game is a blast. I love clicking on everything on the screen to see what happens and I always end up laughing because it's always something weird. Weather you're being barked at by a mushroom or the bugs/plants(?) are on a freakin' ferris wheel, it's always funny. The games charming. The graphics are fantastic. The music is amazing. The puzzle aspect is fun to figure out since you always have to interact with bugs or plants in some way.

7. The Darkness II

No Caption Provided

I'm going to start off by saying this game was much, much better then what I was expecting. I saw the original The Darkness on YouTube and thought it looked cool. I mean, I love anything that includes the supernatural like monsters or ghosts or aliens. But I didn't really feel like it'd be a fun game to play because it looked kind of boring to play. But I thought this new game looked pretty damn cool. But I didn't have any expectations going in. Let's just say I came out of it starry eyed. The game is awesome. Sticking your demon snakes down dudes mouths and pulling their hearts out while head shot-ting gangsters with an Uzi and Desert Eagle was AMAZINGLY AWESOME. The games cel-shaded graphics make those kinds of things look amazing too. Then with the insanity parts of the game, oh man. What a great game.

6. Hotline Miami

No Caption Provided

I first got interested because the games soundtrack was fantastic. Words can't describe that soundtrack. So I bought it and then realized how much it reminded me of my favoritest movie ever, Drive. This game is hard but not to the point where it frustrated me; and I'm easily frustrated! The game is fun and the different masks were fun to discover and use. It's a great game, even if the last boss sucks ass. But it's so good!

5. Gravity Rush

No Caption Provided

I never really noticed this game or really even paid attention to it but man am I glad I always felt an urge to play it. The games combat may suck but that doesn't stop the game from being fun. You can turn it on just to fly around and have a blast because it's just fun. Besides flying around, I thought the story was pretty good, even if it didn't wrap up everything. I liked the characters, especially Kat. Most female characters in games and movies suck but Kat was just a teenage girl with problems like boys and not showering and at the same time, she was likeable! Crazy right! The music for each town was repetitive but still good and the graphic style fit the game nicely. It's probably the best game on the Vita and so far, my favorite.

4. The Unfinished Swan

No Caption Provided

Yes! The Unfinished Swan! I'm giving it love! Why? Because it was DIFFERENT. You know what's more surprising then 360 no scoping some random 50 feet away? Shooting paintballs in the middle of a completely white room and seeing objects appear out of nowhere. Every time I entered a new area, I went on a shooting spree because I enjoyed seeing a statue of a pig or a bench or a lake appear out of nowhere. You never knew what you were going to see and that's the fun part. This game was unique and fun. The music was also great and sometimes it'll be completely quiet and I liked it. The art was great and it was sometimes scary and other times, breathtaking. This was a game I am happy to have played.

3. Spec Ops: The Line

No Caption Provided

Everyone who's played this game knows why it's on my list. I'm going to have to put this game on my list of "Best story for a modern day shooter" because that's true. The story is fantastic because it's scary, heart pounding and a little insane. Not a lot of games have twists that make you go "HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK! WHAT?!" and this is what this game did to me. This games story is seriously top-notch. The characters are great, voice acting is great, the setting is different and interesting, and the music is damn good. I always read that the story was great but god damn, the story is great. Seriously a surprise coming from a generic military shooter.

2. Mass Effect 3

No Caption Provided

Yes, this is Mass Effect 3. I'd like to point out that I played this game without any of the DLC and LOVED IT. Go ahead. Bitch at me. I don't care! I thought the game was fantastic. The mission where you go on the moon of the Turian planet and see giant reaper vessels annihilating soldiers and you look up at the Turian planet and see a huge spot destroyed, shit got real. I got goosebumps and was scared for all the races in this game. The Reapers were here and they were fucking shit UP! The games music was fantastic and the graphics were gorgeous. Mass Effect 3 was an experience I'll never forget and it's one of my favoritest games of all time. I loved it and that's what counts.

And now the winner!

Wait for it.....

1. THE WALKING DEAD

Surprised? You shouldn't be! It's my avatar for christ's sake! Go ahead! Call me unoriginal! I don't care! This is the first game that ever made me seriously, seriously care about video game characters. This game choked me up on more then one occasion. This game made me yell at the characters to run because I was so scared. This game made me fucking depressed. This game was FANTASTIC. I LOVED it. I wanted nothing to do with it in the beginning and Sony decided to give me the first 2 episodes for free with PS+ and I thought, why not. Guess who came away blown away and scared. THIS GUY! I'm done here! I'm super pumped for season 2! For Clementine!

No Caption Provided
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

So I just threw out a GOTY list because everyone else made one and I don't want to be left out! I didn't get to play many of the games I wanted to this year like Borderlands 2, Sleepy Dawgz, Transformers FoC, etc. so my list is kind of different, although my #1 game won't be (wink wink). This was hard to put in order so here goes nothing!

10. FTL: Faster Than Light

No Caption Provided

The picture on the left is from this site, but it's something that broke my heart. The picture shows the players ship over a burning star and every time it erupts, it sets fire to your ship. This happened to me, but I was being attacked by fucking pirates at the same time. I lost a crew member in the previous sector so I was now at 4. I moved on to a new area where a pirate ship lost gas and they decided to teleport to my ship where they proceeded to gun down 2 of my crew members while the star spread fires throughout my ship. I was horrified at this moment. There I was, 4 crew members fighting 4 pirates who had guns while being burned and losing oxygen. I was going crazy trying to kill these bastards and restore my ship. The end result was 2 of my members killed, all 4 pirates killed and a ship with around 1 or 2 health left because of a star under me. Every time I put out a fire and fixed a room, another fire will start and another room would go offline. So I decided to jump to a new part of the map. That's wear a Rebel ship automatically noticed me and destroyed me. I felt sad. Destroyed. But yet I enjoyed my near 2 hour romp through 5 sectors of the galaxy blowing up trapped pirate ships, making slavers give me their money and fuel, saving infected colonies, and destroying Rebels. The game also has fantastic music and I love the graphics style. I love this game and I'll keep going back to it for years to come.

9. Asura's Wrath

No Caption Provided

What a trip through loony ville! Want to see a dude lose his arms multiple times? Play this game. Want to fight on the moon? Play this game. Want to watch a guy that isn't Kratos yell the whole time you're playing? PLAY THIS GAME! Asura's Wrath is an awesome and weird game that gives set piece after set piece. I really don't know how to talk about this game besides saying IT'S FUCKING INSANE so I'm not going to say much. This game is ridiculous and if you haven't played it, well play it! Or not.

8. Botanicula

No Caption Provided

I haven't gotten around to beating this game yet and it will stay that way for at least another 2 weeks but every time I play it, I love my time with it. The game is a blast. I love clicking on everything on the screen to see what happens and I always end up laughing because it's always something weird. Weather you're being barked at by a mushroom or the bugs/plants(?) are on a freakin' ferris wheel, it's always funny. The games charming. The graphics are fantastic. The music is amazing. The puzzle aspect is fun to figure out since you always have to interact with bugs or plants in some way.

7. The Darkness II

No Caption Provided

I'm going to start off by saying this game was much, much better then what I was expecting. I saw the original The Darkness on YouTube and thought it looked cool. I mean, I love anything that includes the supernatural like monsters or ghosts or aliens. But I didn't really feel like it'd be a fun game to play because it looked kind of boring to play. But I thought this new game looked pretty damn cool. But I didn't have any expectations going in. Let's just say I came out of it starry eyed. The game is awesome. Sticking your demon snakes down dudes mouths and pulling their hearts out while head shot-ting gangsters with an Uzi and Desert Eagle was AMAZINGLY AWESOME. The games cel-shaded graphics make those kinds of things look amazing too. Then with the insanity parts of the game, oh man. What a great game.

6. Hotline Miami

No Caption Provided

I first got interested because the games soundtrack was fantastic. Words can't describe that soundtrack. So I bought it and then realized how much it reminded me of my favoritest movie ever, Drive. This game is hard but not to the point where it frustrated me; and I'm easily frustrated! The game is fun and the different masks were fun to discover and use. It's a great game, even if the last boss sucks ass. But it's so good!

5. Gravity Rush

No Caption Provided

I never really noticed this game or really even paid attention to it but man am I glad I always felt an urge to play it. The games combat may suck but that doesn't stop the game from being fun. You can turn it on just to fly around and have a blast because it's just fun. Besides flying around, I thought the story was pretty good, even if it didn't wrap up everything. I liked the characters, especially Kat. Most female characters in games and movies suck but Kat was just a teenage girl with problems like boys and not showering and at the same time, she was likeable! Crazy right! The music for each town was repetitive but still good and the graphic style fit the game nicely. It's probably the best game on the Vita and so far, my favorite.

4. The Unfinished Swan

No Caption Provided

Yes! The Unfinished Swan! I'm giving it love! Why? Because it was DIFFERENT. You know what's more surprising then 360 no scoping some random 50 feet away? Shooting paintballs in the middle of a completely white room and seeing objects appear out of nowhere. Every time I entered a new area, I went on a shooting spree because I enjoyed seeing a statue of a pig or a bench or a lake appear out of nowhere. You never knew what you were going to see and that's the fun part. This game was unique and fun. The music was also great and sometimes it'll be completely quiet and I liked it. The art was great and it was sometimes scary and other times, breathtaking. This was a game I am happy to have played.

3. Spec Ops: The Line

No Caption Provided

Everyone who's played this game knows why it's on my list. I'm going to have to put this game on my list of "Best story for a modern day shooter" because that's true. The story is fantastic because it's scary, heart pounding and a little insane. Not a lot of games have twists that make you go "HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK! WHAT?!" and this is what this game did to me. This games story is seriously top-notch. The characters are great, voice acting is great, the setting is different and interesting, and the music is damn good. I always read that the story was great but god damn, the story is great. Seriously a surprise coming from a generic military shooter.

2. Mass Effect 3

No Caption Provided

Yes, this is Mass Effect 3. I'd like to point out that I played this game without any of the DLC and LOVED IT. Go ahead. Bitch at me. I don't care! I thought the game was fantastic. The mission where you go on the moon of the Turian planet and see giant reaper vessels annihilating soldiers and you look up at the Turian planet and see a huge spot destroyed, shit got real. I got goosebumps and was scared for all the races in this game. The Reapers were here and they were fucking shit UP! The games music was fantastic and the graphics were gorgeous. Mass Effect 3 was an experience I'll never forget and it's one of my favoritest games of all time. I loved it and that's what counts.

And now the winner!

Wait for it.....

1. THE WALKING DEAD

Surprised? You shouldn't be! It's my avatar for christ's sake! Go ahead! Call me unoriginal! I don't care! This is the first game that ever made me seriously, seriously care about video game characters. This game choked me up on more then one occasion. This game made me yell at the characters to run because I was so scared. This game made me fucking depressed. This game was FANTASTIC. I LOVED it. I wanted nothing to do with it in the beginning and Sony decided to give me the first 2 episodes for free with PS+ and I thought, why not. Guess who came away blown away and scared. THIS GUY! I'm done here! I'm super pumped for season 2! For Clementine!

No Caption Provided
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Time_Lord

Good list I was thinking of picking up Spec oops the line when it goes on sale.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheHumanDove

A decent list, but mass effect 3 is a stretch because it's incredibly bad. Next time dont fart these out.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By triple07

@Time_Lord said:

Spec Oops would be a great game.

Good list. Haven't played most of the games on your list but looks like a good mix of games to me.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

@Time_Lord: It's a great game asides from the gameplay.

@TheHumanDove: Well, opinions man. ME3's side missions and the Reapers chasing you in the galaxies were terrible but the main story, gameplay and graphics were fantastic imo. The multiplayer is pretty good too. So excluding the former, I think it was a fantastic game.

Plus, by fart, I meant putting out a list ASAP because the years about done. If I had played more games, it would've been a better list but I mostly played 2009-2011 games this year so my list wasn't going to be great anyway. All these games weren't masterpieces, but they were unique/different. So I think it's a pretty good list. Everyone might not agree, but it's my list. :D

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

@triple07 said:

Good list. Haven't played most of the games on your list but looks like a good mix of games to me.

Thanks. Definitely a bunch of different games here, I'd say the most diverse list on Giantbomb! Which ones haven't you played? I'm going to assume the FTL, Hotline Miami, Botanicula, Gravity Rush and The Unfinished Swan?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By UlquioKani

@awesomeusername said:

@Time_Lord: It's a great game asides from the gameplay.

How good is that story?!

Also, considering the other lists on the site, your list was far from farted out

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

Awesome list dude! Do you need to use the Move to play Unfinished Swan or is it optional?

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By awesomeusername

@UlquioKani said:

How good is that story?!

Also, considering the other lists on the site, your list was far from farted out

Things in that game get superfucked up. Some moments are jaw dropping and I don't mean set-piece wise. I mean fucked up wise. The characters are great and I liked the music. But the ending is possibly the best part man. It's well worth the 15-20 bucks you'll spend on it. It's about 5 hours on normal but that's a good thing because any longer would've just made it drag.

And by farted out, I meant a quick list of what I enjoyed this year because the years about done.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

@DarthOrange said:

Awesome list dude! Do you need to use the Move to play Unfinished Swan or is it optional?

No need for the Move duder. I didn't even know it was optional for the Move. I know PS Move games always show the warning when you boot them up but it's been a while so I wouldn't even remember. It's on sale on PSN so grab it for $7. I bought it for $15 so I'm kind of upset it's on sale for half that but it's a good game. About 3 hours long but it's something you'd go back to because of collectables and stuff.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Last boss in Hotline Miami isn't that bad, though I guess there's a moderate amount of luck involved; also a pretty nice track plays when you're doing it much like the rest of the game's occasional frustrating parts.

You eventually get to the point in FTL where it's never really controlled Chaos though obviously sometimes you just get screwed by the RNG especially if you're using a sub optimal or luck based ship layout.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By triple07

@awesomeusername said:

@triple07 said:

Thanks. Definitely a bunch of different games here, I'd say the most diverse list on Giantbomb! Which ones haven't you played? I'm going to assume the FTL, Hotline Miami, Botanicula, Gravity Rush and The Unfinished Swan?

I've played FTL but the others you mentioned are right. Unfortunately I also haven't played The Walking Dead yet although I bought the whole thing on sale recently so since everyone says such good things about it I'm going to have to play through it soon.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By DarthOrange
@awesomeusername said:

@DarthOrange said:

No need for the Move duder. I didn't even know it was optional for the Move. I know PS Move games always show the warning when you boot them up but it's been a while so I wouldn't even remember. It's on sale on PSN so grab it for $7. I bought it for $15 so I'm kind of upset it's on sale for half that but it's a good game. About 3 hours long but it's something you'd go back to because of collectables and stuff.

Cool may pick it up. Do you know how long it will be on sale for?
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By awesomeusername

@Fredchuckdave: It took me about half an hour to kill both panthers! Then that ninja girl throws stars through fountains. I gave up after 45 minutes of failing and watched the rest of the game on YouTube. I plan on finishing it one day. I still think it's a fantastic game and I actually had no trouble with the game aside from the third mission. I breezed through every other mission. It's just that ninja girl. Once she says she'll take care of me, I'm immediately dead. *Sigh*

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By awesomeusername

@triple07: WHAT?! Go play it NAO! I love that game. If you like point and click puzzlers, Botanicula is great. If you have a PS3 or Vita, The Unfinished Swan and Gravity Rush are both great buys.

@DarthOrange: I'm pretty sure the sale will be gone Tuesday since that's when they update the store although they did update the store on Xmas Eve which was Monday so I would suggest you buy it ASAP. It's well worth the $7.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@awesomeusername: Well you don't really have that many options as far as the boss fight goes so it's kind of process of elimination; the Panthers are the random part but ultimately you can get them down every 1 out of 2-3 times or so with enough practice, after that right click the ninja girl, execute, and hide behind the aforementioned fountain; hope your aim is really good with throwing things as well.

The missions you do after that are pretty neat, though fairly brief. I do like the whole new apartment setting and music. The ending ending is dumb without the secret component and dumb with it too.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awesomeusername

@Fredchuckdave: After YouTubing the boss fights, the panthers did become easy but that ninja girl always destroyed me and I always miss when I throw that trophy at her because I freak out when she runs towards me. I'm also not a PC gamer so my mouse aiming skills aren't great. What sucks to is that whatever weapon you try to bring in the room with you, he drops it OUTSIDE the room. I've cheated it by opening the door a bit and throwing it inside but the weapons are rendered useless. Which sucks. I threw in a gun and you can shoot, but the bullets go right through the panthers. I got to the boss once but he killed me because I freaked out when he started shooting guns. I'll kill him one day.

I already saw the rest of the game so I know everything that happens and yeah. It's pretty dumb.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By awesomeusername

@L1GHTN1N: Yeah, Gravity Rush is a fantastic game. I feel bad for getting it on PS+ but it's not really my fault because I got my Vita on Black Friday so I had to get it free. The later parts of the game get frustrating combat wise but it's always so fun to just fly around and stuff. I just beat it like 2 days ago because I knew I'd want it on this last and here it is. I'm going to go for the platinum trophy so I'm still going to be playing through it.

I know the scroll button is to lock on. I've killed her once but every other time, she woops my ass. I know what to do for that level but she's just so damn fast that it makes me freak out. That's why I get killed.

Is Virtues Last Reward worth the $37? I'm interested because everyone is praising it. I enjoy good stories and I hear it has a lot of replay value but is it worth that high a price for a game that basically doesn't have much "game" in it? I mean, the not enough "game" part doesn't really bother me but for $37, is it worth it?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By me3639

Good list. Agree with a lot of what you say, but your tone is a little bit of a turn off. The F You because i didn't play Asuras Wrath, or F You because i don't think the Walking Dead is a game. You are better than that. Next time make your points without the grade school expletives and more people will read or take notice of your work. Its just my opinion, not trying to bust your chops.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshthebear

Love Spec Ops being so high. That game definitely got glossed over throughout the entire GOTY.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By awesomeusername

@L1GHTN1N: I'm going to just YouTube 999 because I don't have a DS and if I like it, I'll go for VLR.

@me3639: It was just jokes, I don't really mean it but I'll edit them out. I know a lot of people aren't going to play those because they don't have any interest in them so I'm not serious. I'm the same with games like Bayonetta, Zelda, etc. But I'll edit them out anyway.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By awesomeusername

@joshthebear: It did? Well that sucks. I know the game isn't fun to play but that story is so good, it's worth trudging through. I haven't watched any of the GOTY stuff yet so I wouldn't know. Now I'm happy I put that game in my #3. That game is just too damn good.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wchigo

I really did enjoy the story of Spec Ops, but I didn't enjoy playing it. I just feel like your dude goes down way too quickly, even in Normal. Granted, I suppose there's some aspect of realism or something in play there, but it really didn't make for a good time at... times.

I really want to like Gravity Rush, but the combat is really SUCH a bummer. I was really enjoying the game up until that stuff came up. I'll probably get back to it eventually, just too many other games on my plate right now.

Oh, and BBBUUURRRSSSTTT!!!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By awesomeusername

@wchigo: I know, it's gameplay sucks and it's really easy to die. 3 or 4 bullets and you're dead. It's an extremely difficult game and I plan on getting the platinum trophy since all I have to do is beat it on hard and harder which will be a pain, but I was going to say what you said. It's probably to make it feel more real. Not sure though, but man is it hard. I had a terrible time when you had to find Lugo and the last shooting pat,right before you get to the hotel at the end of the game. Those turret bunkers... Oh god.

Asides from Gravity Rush's combat, it's a great game. It gets annoying when she misses her gravity kicks a lot but it's still a great game. Just look past the combat and enjoy the game for it's visuals, characters and gravity concept. That's where the game shines. It's a shame the combat is bad but I'd rather have that then bad story and characters.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Animasta

your list isn't that diverse at all I was LIED TO

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By awesomeusername

@Animasta: WUHHHHHHHH?!?!?

• We got yer roguelikes!
  • We got yer QTE focused punching-yelling simulations!
  • We got yer point & click puzzlers!
  • We got yer snake demon FPS game!
  • We got yer top down, music bumpin', killin' game!
  • We got yer gravity defying teen girl who don't speak Engrish game!
  • We got yer FPS paint ball simulator!
  • We got yer standard TPS with a crazy story!
  • We got yer Mass Erect!
  • We got yer zambies!

If that ain't diverse, I don't know what is! Sonny!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By csl316

Vanilla ME3 was cool and awesome.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By onarum

@Fredchuckdave said:

Last boss in Hotline Miami isn't that bad, though I guess there's a moderate amount of luck involved

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wchigo

@awesomeusername: Oh yeah... don't remind me. Ugh... those sections had me literally throwing my controller (just on to my bed) or punching it, just to vent. I'm not sure I've gotten any angrier playing a game than this one as generally the worst I'll do is start throwing out expletives, don't think I've ever thrown "punches" like this before.

I guess Gravity Rush had so much promise, and it was fun just flying around collecting gems or whatever, that as soon as I ran into enemies that would dodge or whatever and you go sailing by... took all the wind out of my sails. As said, I will probably go back to it, but with games like Far Cry 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Hotline Miami, Dark Souls and Persona 4 Golden still on my plate (and potentially FTL), I'm not sure if it's that high on my list. It'll only get worse when we get a few months into 2013 and games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Last Of Us are out.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm

@Time_Lord said:

Spec Oops: The Line!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By awesomeusername

@wchigo: I was just screaming like an idiot on those parts because I was in a party chat on my Vita with a friend. But man were those parts annoying.

I have so many games from PS+ and games that I bought that I don't even know how I'm going to beat them. Some of them I have no interest in so I'll probably never play them but others are on my must play list. Good thing Bioshock and God of War come out in March because I need more time to beat all these games. I have 30+ games to beat and I only finished like 2 games since my college winter break started and they were Vita games.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wchigo

@awesomeusername: I applaud your desire to get a Platinum in Spec Ops, but I will probably not go back to it.

Thankfully I was able to finish some games in the last month and I haven't accrued as large a backlog as some of my friends, or even you it seems. I have to be a little more frugal due to my living conditions and I only recently came about a means to purchase games through Steam (which led to more purchases in the last month than I did for probably all of last year) and some of the games I have I will probably never play. Like, I got the THQ humble bundle mainly for Saints Row 3 (partially Darksiders though I have it on PS3) and I will probably never play the Company of Heroes series or the other games that came along with it.

At a certain point, I guess for our buying habits we have to give up on finishing certain games... I know I have. *looks sadly at Final Fantasy XIII-2, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Uncharted 3, Valkyria Chronicles...* /sigh

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@onarum: Yeah it's doable definitely, just not sure if you can get the panthers or the boss 100% of the time without fail (haven't missed the chick, do miss the knives on occasion though); granted dying is a momentary setback. I don't think there's a score component to that level so it doesn't really matter, I've already beaten it twice since I missed the letter the first time around.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By VoshiNova

@awesomeusername: awwww clem, you need a haircut!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By awesomeusername

@VoshiNova: Leave her hair alone!

@wchigo: As much as I say I will platinum Spec Ops, I probably won't ever get around to it. Which will kill me because 2 trophies is all I need and seeing that irks my nerves.

My backlog has gotten HUGE because I've been buying a bunch of indie games on Steam. Some I won't ever beat, like Legend of Grimrock because the spiders are assholes and I'm out of antidotes. I just started buying Steam games last month also so we're on the same boat. If you don't want some of your Steam games, you can always give them away on my Official Giveaway Thread.

The only game I gave up on trying to beat is Final Fantasy 13. I can't stand that game. Also, Hitman: Absolution is inches away from me saying "FUCK YOU!", pretending to throw it out the window and bring it to my friend.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wchigo

@awesomeusername:

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I'm just missing 2 trophies in Journey (finish the game with someone else and finish the whole game with just one partner) and it's KILLING ME. I will probably go back and get the last trophy in Mark of the Ninja at some point (for beating NG+).

Speaking of Indie games, have you played 'To The Moon'? People keep talking about how great and emotional the story is, and I'm really quite interested, especially for just 5 bucks.

I'm a big RPG fan, notably for the FF series, so 13 was highly anticipated by me. While in hindsight I felt it was a little too hand-holdy and I wished they would give you the ability to have a full party sooner, I still very much enjoyed that game. I guess I perhaps don't have the same attachment to the characters you play as in 13-2, so the desire to play through and see the story isn't really there for me. I hear you on the Hitman thing: thankfully, I was just playing like one mission and it was my friend's copy, but I will probably not get that game. For me though, since I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution last night, I need to find time and prepare myself for having my soul crushed in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. *shiver*

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By awesomeusername

@wchigo: Downloadable games don't really bother me because they don't have platinums. What i still cry over is Mass Effect 2. All I need to do to get that platinum is beat it on insanity and I can't do it for the life of me. I die inside whenever I see that trophy list.

Yes I have. Actually, I just beat that game like 2 weeks ago. Go buy it now or else. Buy the soundtrack too.

I'm an RPG fan too but I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy. The other FF's I played was FF9 and I didn't get to beat it because the game kept freezing on me. Also played Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII which is one of my favorite-est games ever. Besides those, I never played any other FF but I would if they remade them. But they won't. I was never a Hitman fan either because I only played Blood Money so I'm not invested in the franchise and disappointed like everyone else. I just hate that game. It's pretty fucking bad. I loved Deus EX: Human Revolution by the way. I beat that game in October. Got the platinum trophy for it because it was that enjoyable. I even bought the DLC. I want more Deus Ex!

I will never try out Dark Souls because I'll end up with a broken controller.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By wchigo

@awesomeusername: I suppose so. Though there's no Platinum, I think I'm only missing one or two achievements to S-Rank Assassin's Creed II, but unlike Brad I don't have any plans to go back and collect all the feathers. I also had an S-Rank in Tomb Raider Legends but lost that when they released the DLC... dammit. I had plans to Platinum FFXIII but I seem to have some kind of bug because I didn't, and still can't, get the trophy for finishing chapter 7. The only games I bothered to get Platinums for were Terminator Salvation and Batman Arkham Asylum. I originally had plans to try and Platinum Asura's Wrath... but I don't think I'm gonna do that any more.

I'll probably pick it up at the same time I pick up FTL, or at least before the end of the Winter Sale.

Really? Aw man, that's shame. Out of all the FFs, I probably played through 9 and 10 the most, and those are the two I remember most fondly (4 I played for the first time on the GBA, but it's also great). Crisis Core I also enjoyed a lot, and though it was clear how the game would end based on what transpires in 7, I still got emotional at the end. I've never played a Hitman game before and I know that I jumped in to the game in the middle without getting any tutorials or such, but it just seemed way too unforgiving in certain aspects, especially concerning the disguise thing. I ended up having to shoot my way through the level, which is not what I wanted to do, and that's the end of that. Thought about trying Blood Money from all the praise heaped on it by Ryan and Tricky, but I got enough on my backlog as it is, so maybe later.

I enjoyed my time with Deus Ex but the game seemed to drag for me at points. I also bought the DLC and I'll probably try to play through it over the new couple days, but I don't see myself going and trying to get all the achievements in that, unlike what I did with Sleeping Dogs. LOVED that game, would've bought the Zodiac Tournament DLC if it had achievements. Might still do that after a price drop.

I only played for a couple minutes and then stopped because I got frustrated. Not so much with the game, more so with 'Games for Windows Live'. Got disconnected from that during my play session and they kicked me back out to the main menu, though while I was getting dumped the enemy I was fighting still got in a hit on me. Don't know if they completed dumped me before I ended up dying again or if the servers still run for a bit after you get kicked like with an MMO, but that REALLY turned me off, especially as I was never a fan of GFWL in the first place. I'll go back eventually though.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Claude

Plush