• 57 results
#1 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

I am speaking of an old school gaming marathon that took place before the holiday break in 2010. It was the one where they played a ton of games, including the amazing Make My Video: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch it was about five hours...it was literally, and I mean literally, the best.

It was on Justin.tv but now whenever I try the link I saved specifically for that video it constantly says 'sending request..' 'waiting for Justin.tv' 'waiting for twitch.tv' in that order forever.

I've tried the Twitch.tv archive but it is the only video as far as I can tell that is missing...Of all videos missing it had to be that one? C'mon! :'(

So I don't know what to do, it seems impossible to bypass this whole annoying Twitch.tv branding and get to where the video was actually properly archived. I fear the worst that the video is gone forever, but part of me hopes that somewhere in the database it's still there.

What should I do? Should I contact them about it? I don't want to bug Vinny about it now for obvious reasons. Here's the link. It was automatically mislabeled at the time. Justin.tv - Giant Bomb Live! - Thursday Night Throwdown 12/09: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

#2 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

Man that sucks. I fucking loved that stream to death. I can't understand why it seems to be the only video that has gone missing. Vinny most likely has a master copy of it somewhere so maybe ask him when hes back from break ?

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Master_Funk said:

I fucking loved that stream to death.

We all did. Let us mourn this terrible loss.

#4 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

that sounds awsome... I have never seen it but if they do fix it I would love to see it

(sorry I was no help)

#5 Posted by chilibean_3 (1691 posts) -

Oh man, that's a huge bummer. Thank goodness they now do local archives of everything.

#6 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Wait, that's gone?

Man, I'm sad now.

#7 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I remember that, it was good but I wouldn't say it was THAT good.

#8 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

Surprised other people loved it! I thought I was a crazy person.

@Master_Funk: Yeah I'm hoping Vinny kept hold of something but I'm clutching on straws with that one. The fact that it's this video In particular does make me crazy...why couldn't it have been a random 5 minute thing y'know? Perhaps Twitch have some no 4 or 5 hour video policy I dunno.

@theredcoat24: It was pretty fucking incredible. Friday the 13th was another personal highlight. Sewer Sharks! also.

@chilibean_3: Absolutely. Shame they only started doing that relatively recently.

@Unknown_Pleasures: Each to their own! I've definitely hyped it up some, it was a very lonely cold broadcast but I enjoyed that part of it.

#9 Posted by aceofspudz (935 posts) -

Another video that seems to have evaporated is when Vinny and Jeff, colorblind both, attempt to play Schizoid coop and fail due to their disability. Does the fact that I kind of want to watch it again make me a bad person?

#10 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

I was lucky enough to see that. Damn it was hilarious, especially the marky mark thing

#11 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

@aceofspudz said:

Another video that seems to have evaporated is when Vinny and Jeff, colorblind both, attempt to play Schizoid coop and fail due to their disability. Does the fact that I kind of want to watch it again make me a bad person?

No, the fact that you've made me want to watch it makes you a bad person.

#12 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@aceofspudz said:

Holy shit I remember that video!

It's really weird how Giant Bomb has this weird Twilight Zone where that, the 2010 holiday stream and Ryan's Lost: Via Domus review have gone to live.

#13 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

@Death_Burnout: It was my all time favorite GB live-stream , tied with the Pre Skyrim marathon. I always thought about downloading the video through that firefox add-on, but never got around to it :( .

#14 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Well now that Jeff is back, I'm sure that between him & Dave that they can try to figure out where some of those have gone & guessing they might have it archived somewhere.

#15 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

Aren't a bunch of the early Quick Looks gone? Back when the Quick Looks were just one person talking to the audience. hahah....

#16 Edited by aceofspudz (935 posts) -

Update: I think I was actually thinking of this ion assault video. Colorblindness starts in the competitive mode at 7:45. I don't know if they ever played Schizoid, but for some reason I thought it was that.

Also got a small case of netception when I googled "schizoid game color blind" and the post I made 20 minutes ago popped up in the first page.

#17 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

@Master_Funk: Haha I kept saying to myself one of these days I'm gonna download it...We have paid the price in full!

#18 Edited by SpheriQ (87 posts) -

@Death_Burnout: google cash seems to work.

Put your bookmark link through google and open the cached page. You probably can download the videos with an add-on.

see this thread.

#19 Posted by Scrawnto (2466 posts) -

Oh bummer! That was a great stream!

#20 Edited by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

@SpheriQ said:

@Death_Burnout: google cash seems to work.

Put your bookmark link through google and open the cached page. You probably can download the videos with an add-on.

AHHH! you legend! Now i feel stupid. I'll download this right now, somehow!

Oh so this has already been discussed in another thread...Now i feel stupider! well I guess this thread is redundant now. Seriously though thanks for that!

#21 Posted by ZagZagovich (770 posts) -

@Death_Burnout:

Can you put it on youtube? I just watched it a few weeks ago and It's definetly one of the craziest things they did.

#22 Posted by yyZiggurat (1026 posts) -

I've never seen this stream; I hope it lives up to the hype when ever I get a chance to watch it.

#23 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

@SpheriQ: Thank for the tip. I have to remember that nothing is ever lost on the internet.

#24 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

Ok all parts are being downloaded. Again thanks for this! I think we can all agree though that Justin/Twitch is kinda shitty.

#25 Posted by JauntyHat (326 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

Ok all parts are being downloaded. Again thanks for this! I think we can all agree though that Justin/Twitch is kinda shitty.

I support this message!

#26 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Why are there so many videos that get lost via domus?

#27 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11382 posts) -

I was trying to find it the other day too...Hm.

Why is this stuff missing? About two months of stuff is simply not on the site, but everything else is. Makes no sense...

#28 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (742 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

How? I'd like to grab these for myself.

#29 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka:

'see this thread.'

It's near the bottom, using Jdownloader, it's sort of an elaborate process but it works...well they've not finished downloading yet but I assume it'll work. Copy those three links at the bottom of the thread one at a time whilst Jdownloader is open and they will automatically get loaded into a queue, then download them.

#30 Posted by JJGIANT (760 posts) -

I really wish they would bring those streams over onto the site. The Justin TV player takes so long to load. Those early TNT's are some of my favourites.

#31 Posted by Bocam (3821 posts) -

Wow, I totally forgot that I posted that. Hopefully it still works

#32 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Why is this stuff missing? About two months of stuff is simply not on the site, but everything else is. Makes no sense...

They did not archive things like TNT at first on the website. Who knows if they have the raw video at all.

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11382 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

They did not archive things like TNT at first on the website. Who knows if they have the raw video at all.

I meant on Justin.TV. I know they didn't store that stuff on GB, I just thought it was weird that tons of stuff was archived on Justin up to that point, but then two months are missing, and after those two months, there's stuff again.

#34 Edited by TorMasturba (1089 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

@dekkadekkadekka:

'see this thread.'

It's near the bottom, using Jdownloader, it's sort of an elaborate process but it works...well they've not finished downloading yet but I assume it'll work. Copy those three links at the bottom of the thread one at a time whilst Jdownloader is open and they will automatically get loaded into a queue, then download them.

You are my god for starting this thread!

Just started watching them again.

#35 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (742 posts) -

@Death_Burnout: Oh I see, had to do those links one at a time. I tried all 3 at once and it just didn't work.

#36 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -

What happened to Vinny? I haven't had a chance to listen to the bombcast for over a month now. What happened?

#37 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -
@DarthOrange: Vinny is a father now. No bullshit. (Seriously, I'm not fucking around. He has a son now. Cool, right?)
#38 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

That was a great stream. Feel it Feel it!

#39 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -

@myketuna: Oh I saw the thread about that. I thought someone was dying the way the OP said he didn't want to bug Vinny about it. Did he take the month off or what?

#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12105 posts) -

Yeah, if someone could upload this in its entirety to youtube than a part of GB history could be saved.

#41 Edited by KaneRobot (1824 posts) -

@Death_Burnout said:

@dekkadekkadekka:

'see this thread.'

Strange. Jdownloader won't work for me. I can bring the links in but all it does is start downloading, then almost immediately stop ("aborted" on the status).

EDIT - working now. Must have just temporarily been down.

#42 Edited by Aegon (5821 posts) -

Why don't I remember that video? Now you've made me want to see it.  

Edit: Ok, someone already explained how to watch it. 

#43 Posted by Winternet (8053 posts) -

That video is still out there, in the mist of the Internet. I bet Vinny or Drew can rescue it, if they have the time.

#44 Posted by AlexW00d (6432 posts) -

If it stop hasn't been done by the I i get home and still thread is still around to remind me, I'll upload it to YouTube, unless any of the Bombers intervene and tell us we'rew not allowed. Also if I can get that jdownloader to work.

Typing on the full site with my phone is such a ballache :(

#45 Posted by AlisterCat (5718 posts) -

That really sucks. I was watching it the other day no problem.

#46 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

Oh noes ;( ... I loved that video as well.

Please re-up it GB! At last put it in the premium member archive or so.

#47 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -
@DarthOrange: I don't know how long he has off, but he's on paternity leave. So... whenever that's done, he'll come back. I'm guessing a month, maybe two. Which is gonna drain Drew I'm sure. Which is probably why he's on vacation this week (to prepare for the incoming onslaught).
#48 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -

@myketuna: What did the baby come out of him? Since when do guys get paternity leave? Is this something only certain company's do?

#49 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -
@DarthOrange: Yes.
#50 Edited by Silver-Streak (1382 posts) -

Isn't this the Giant Bomb Holiday Nostalgiafest 2011? http://www.giantbomb.com/giant-bomb-holiday-nostalgiafest-2011-part-01/17-5466/

While it is a subscriber video, it is still archived on the site. If this is the correct video, then just like TNT, having dedicated archival video of it is part of the subscriber bonuses. They make no guarantees with Justin/Livestream/Twitch, which is good, because those sites delete stuff at random.