My Favourite 360 Games

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Ryu

So, after getting slaughtered because of my negative opinions in my last blog, I'm going to go for something slightly more light hearted :).

• Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead
    itself is an amazing game, but I only love playing it so much because of my friends. Whether you decide to play everyman for himself on versus or working seriously as a team, you can have a hell of a good time. The campaign keeps itself fresh with a different experience every time and the multiplayer brings a great sense of competitiveness to the whole online portion of the game. Playing as the infected is the funnest part of the versus mode, well aslong as your not playing as a smoker but can still sometimes feel frustrating. The three problems that come to mind are the large amount of people that try to cheat ,the use of the melee button against Hunters and the lack of multiplayer maps to play on. However with DLC on the horizon and patches being released that shouldn't be a problem.                                                                        

The good in L4D heavily outweights the bad, so if you have the money and some friends. L4D is a must have.

• Fable 2
    I was a huge fan of the first Fable and the second has exceeded my expectations immensely. The plot though a little strange in places, was a large factor for me loving this game. The different characters and choices, give Fable 2 great replay value and makes your experience and character unique to everyone else's. Fable's humour and immersive world can have you playing for hours on end; your silent, customizable protagonist/ antagonist is one of the games best features and really brings your into Albion.

I'm afraid this blog is gonna have to stay unfinished until tommorow/ Tuesday, so I'll add a few more games and details then.

But for now, what are your favourite 360 games? and has anyone beat my friend Sean's 7,400 damage total as infected on L4D?

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryu

So, after getting slaughtered because of my negative opinions in my last blog, I'm going to go for something slightly more light hearted :).

• Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead
    itself is an amazing game, but I only love playing it so much because of my friends. Whether you decide to play everyman for himself on versus or working seriously as a team, you can have a hell of a good time. The campaign keeps itself fresh with a different experience every time and the multiplayer brings a great sense of competitiveness to the whole online portion of the game. Playing as the infected is the funnest part of the versus mode, well aslong as your not playing as a smoker but can still sometimes feel frustrating. The three problems that come to mind are the large amount of people that try to cheat ,the use of the melee button against Hunters and the lack of multiplayer maps to play on. However with DLC on the horizon and patches being released that shouldn't be a problem.                                                                        

The good in L4D heavily outweights the bad, so if you have the money and some friends. L4D is a must have.

• Fable 2
    I was a huge fan of the first Fable and the second has exceeded my expectations immensely. The plot though a little strange in places, was a large factor for me loving this game. The different characters and choices, give Fable 2 great replay value and makes your experience and character unique to everyone else's. Fable's humour and immersive world can have you playing for hours on end; your silent, customizable protagonist/ antagonist is one of the games best features and really brings your into Albion.

I'm afraid this blog is gonna have to stay unfinished until tommorow/ Tuesday, so I'll add a few more games and details then.

But for now, what are your favourite 360 games? and has anyone beat my friend Sean's 7,400 damage total as infected on L4D?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Dead Space and Fallout 3 would be my favorites.

josephbarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By josephbarron

GTA IV and Burnout Paradise for me.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By dogbox

I would probably say that right now my favourite 360 game is Fable II. I ought to play more Left 4 Dead, but I can never, ever find a good group, and my friends don't want to play it. Aye!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Xandurson

My favorite 360 games list is pretty big...I'll put a blog up later this week.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Going to pick up Fable II at some point.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

Gears of War I & II.

ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ChestyMcGee

360 games... 360 games... hmm 360 games?

What's a 360 again? Oh yeah! That thing I play Left 4 Dead on! I remember that.

My favourite 360 games have to be Left 4 Dead and... um... shit I really don't know what else to put. I'd like to put Orange Box, just for Portal really, but I have that on PC too.

Okay then - just L4D!

Yeah and no boy gonna beat my Tank score! Car + Survivors = Fail.
Tom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Tom_H

BEST GAME IS MADDEN

TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheTerrifyer

Fable II and Braid,
as it's the only two games I actually still play on the 360. I'm finding it hard to sit down and actually play that thing. Generally because I cant play it and sit comfortably at the same time with my current setup. I need a new chair.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

I'd honestly say as much as I love SFIV, (huge, huge longtime series fan) and other 360 games. Deadspace has to be my favorite, simply because it came out of nowhere, for me at least. I didn't expect much, especially from a new IP, from EA no less.

But what I got was, in my opinion, the absolute perfection of the genre. It does everything it attempts to do, and it does it perfectly. I'm still not comfortable calling it survival horror, but it has a lot more elements of true survival horror than RE4 or 5, it's closer in spirit to the old Resi's and similar games, but with more of an action stint.

I should probably try Fable II at some point though, it's getting a lot more praise from people I know than the first did, but im still apprehensive as I disliked the first.

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bulletbeast

mine would be Gears 2 and Mass Effect

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I missed Fable so I didn't bother with Fable 2.  Right now my favorite games are Fallout 3 & GTA IV.  I also like Left 4 Dead, but due to my achievement hunting in Fallout 3, I don't have time for L4D.  I also had to put away GTA IV to continue Fallout 3 in my pursuit of 100% total completion.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Alex_V

Lots of nice choices. 2 that haven't been mentioned are Crackdown and Viva Pinata.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By maxszy

Do I have to only pick two? :-P

If so, I would agree with your Fable 2 choice. I had such an enjoyable time with that game. The other though I would say would have to be Mass Effect.

If I could add in some others I would quickly put it in Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, Lost Odyssey.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

Well, mine are The Force Unleashed and Fable 2... 

Love also Dead Space, the Mass Effect, Fallout 3, REZ and  Castlevania: The Symphony of Night. :p

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I still haven't played either of those games, Ryu, but I definitely look forward to trying them sometime soon.

As for me, my top 3 favorites would probably be...
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of Duty 4
Fallout 3

Also, I don't know if I commented on your last blog, but I don't think your choices seemed too outrageous or anything. I can see why people wouldn't like Burnout Paradise, and I myself am having a hard time enjoying it. I thought the Bourne game sucked pretty bad and I wrote a nice long rant of a blog explaining my frustration with Far Cry 2. Also, I'd agree that World at War is pretty fantastic. It gets to be kind of stupidly hard at certain points on veteran, though, and also I felt some areas forced you to keep things a little too linear by throwing a bunch of invisible walls at you.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#18  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oof... good question.  There are quite a few games on the 360 I find myself returning to, but here are my favorites:

Fallout 3 - Massive world, and it accomplished everything I wanted in a Fallout sequel.  With the continued support by its developers, this has become one of my all-time favorite games.

Fable 2 - I've said it before and I'll continue to say it again.  Fable 2 is a spiritual successor in every regard to my favorite games as a child, the Quest for Glory series.  I love the world they've created, I love the gameplay, and I'm a huge fan of its style.  My only complaint is that I have a hard time making out the symbols for magic, but that's a problem with my vision and not the game.

Halo 3 - For multiplayer, there's no other game for me.  I can't say I've ever had as much fun as when I've been driving a Warthog and playing with my brother from hundreds of miles away as he picks off suckers.  It's an amazing game.

Saint's Row 2 - Kind of a guilty pleasure.  I prefer it to GTA IV, as it's just way more fun if far less polished.  Some of the multiplayer is insanely good fun, like the four-wheeling fire-based missions.