• 95 results
#1 Posted by Etnos (245 posts) -

Please start covering iOS - Android, Facebook games. I'm wasting more and more time at touch arcade than at Giantbomb...

I love AAA gaming, but seriously nowadays there is like 1 good game every 2 months, While there is at least a couple of interesting releases each week in the App store.

Lets move on with the times.

#2 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

No thanks

#3 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

I think they could throw some in here and there, but please don't make it essential to the site.

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Agreed. I'd love for them to cover iOS games.

#5 Posted by runnah555 (148 posts) -

Dear god no. The bombcast would be 5 hours long! I already have to wait for trans-atlantic flights to catch up on a single episode.

#6 Edited by Etnos (245 posts) -

@mnzy said:

I think they could throw some in here and there, but please don't make it essential to the site.

Yup, that is my point. There is plenty of garbage in that space. However, there is also seriously good games coming out at least once a week.

#7 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I'd rather them cover more indy games and quick look some shitty games.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19335 posts) -

Oh hell no.

#9 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

As long as they only cover something when it's really good. We don't need the site full up of all the random shit that clogs up all those platforms and makes it hard to find anything good.

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4632 posts) -

Yuck.

#11 Edited by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

I wan't a weekly feature called Patrick plays doodle jump with toilet paper wrapped around his face.

#12 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

All Facebook games are shit, there's your coverage.

#13 Posted by Dragon_Fire (368 posts) -

Yeah I wouldn't mind that, and if they can quick look the really good ISO games. First one comes to mind is the one that they talked on the bombcast a little bit ago.

10,000,000 I think that is the name? Without the commas. I would like a Quick Look of it. (Even if it is really short, like a Quick Look)

#14 Posted by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -

Ha

#15 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

@Etnos said:

there is also seriously good games coming out at least once a week.

I think that is being pretty fucking generous. I mean sure something decent comes out every couple of weeks but I wouldn't go as far as to say that there are more than a handful of truly great games for iOS.

#16 Posted by believer258 (11897 posts) -

I cast my vote for "no, barring special occasions where something noteworthy comes out".

#17 Posted by Gruff182 (856 posts) -

I like that their covering more indie PC stuff. I have an iPhone but absolutely no interest in that app store or any game.

Thats just me though.

Facebook I have less than no interest in, as I imagine is the same for the majority on this site.

#18 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

@Dragon_Fire said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind that, and if they can quick look the really good ISO games. First one comes to mind is the one that they talked on the bombcast a little bit ago.

10,000,000 I think that is the name? Without the commas. I would like a Quick Look of it. (Even if it is really short, like a Quick Look)

I bought the game based on Jeff's interesting description on the 'cast and he and I don't see eye-to-eye on games. I've never played a dungeon runner before, so I have nothing to compare it to but I found it to be well worth the money and have sunk a lot of time into it. What kept me coming back is the leveling up of your weapons and armor and that made the game into one of those "okay, just one more turn" type of titles.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Besties over at Polygon already covers iOS games so I really don't need to hear about Super Hexagon more than that. Unless its something truly phenomenal.

#20 Posted by Klaimore (948 posts) -

That would be fun.

#21 Posted by Fobwashed (2065 posts) -

I think there's just not as much interesting happening in that space that there's a need to cover it specifically. They do talk about some games that they feel should be brought to attention in the podcasts. They have limited time and if it means taking away from any of the other stuff they're doing/covering, I'd rather they don't. It's also not big enough to warrant another hire for an iOS dept and for anyone interested in iOS stuff, there's plenty of sites that cover it in depth.

These guys cover and talk about what they wanna which is fine by me. No need to push for anything as specific as this and no doubt, if iOS starts pumping out way more good games, they'll expand as they feel is needed.

#22 Posted by BonzoPongo (111 posts) -

There are a heap of interesting looking time wasters on the app store. But I can count on one hand the amount of games I have played with depth.

#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Only Kairosoft games are real.

#24 Posted by psylah (2175 posts) -

If they give a shit about a mobile game, it gets mentioned on the podcast.

If they don't mention it, it's garbage.

THERE.

#25 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

And Nintendownloads!

#26 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

stuff it

#27 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Too much junk, too many similar games and clones to make quick looks interesting, games too short and simple to warrant review/article, difficulty capturing footage, quick looks might spoil entire game, there's no risk of wasting big money on a game that turns out bad (no need for review to influence purchasing decisions).

#28 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

@Landon said:

All Facebook games are shit, there's your coverage.

How many of them have you personally played to be able to reach this conclusion? Just curious since most people that spout this have usually played a total of zero Facebook games.

Meanwhile, in response to the OP, they generally cover that stuff when it's worth mentioning. There IS a lot of shovelware out on all those things, so it's relatively difficult to warrant a full blown "we will cover all of this stuff all the time" type of mentality, I would think.

With all that said, I'm still hopelessly addicted to SimCity Social.

#29 Posted by TruthTellah (9002 posts) -

Considering how few good games are coming out for those platforms, I do think GiantBomb could highlight a handful of good ones every month. One news post wouldn't exactly be a big deal. Maybe even a rudimentary Quick Look of sorts. I know I'd certainly appreciate the guys bringing their special sauce to mobile gaming.

#30 Posted by D_W (1162 posts) -

Maybe if they hire Kessler or someone else for that.

#31 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOO

#32 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

facebook games? Really?

#33 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

This is the kind of issue that shows how close minded people are when it comes to new things.

Just ignore the potential for good phone games and classify them all as bad and forever unmentionable, amiright? How infinite in faculty is the human mind.

#34 Posted by Kedi2 (248 posts) -

Not interested.

#35 Edited by Etnos (245 posts) -
#36 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

@Levio said:

This is the kind of issue that shows how close minded people are when it comes to new things.

Just ignore the potential for good phone games and classify them all as bad and forever unmentionable, amiright? How infinite in faculty is the human mind.

Being close minded and not giving a crap are two different things.

#37 Posted by Shortbreadtom (778 posts) -

All Facebook games are terrible, and there are too many iOS games released every day.

And it's not like we're wanting for content. A couple quicklooks, a couple trailers, a couple stories a day seems fine to me. Don't want it to be buried under countless reviews and videos of iOS games.

#38 Posted by darkvare (766 posts) -

my pettition is do not cover them at all

#39 Edited by Franstone (1120 posts) -

I wouldn't mind them covering those games but in classic Giant Bomb style, only if they are worth it.

Android/iOS games just can't hold a candle to "real games" and I would hate to see anything more than 1% of their time dedicated to that.

Anything to stop people from thinking that cell phone/tablet games are actually going to eventually replace our PC/Console games. (I'd like to not add fuel to that fire.)

#40 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

I couldn't care less about any of the games listed, and seeing a news story about the latest Zynga rip-off would get tiring after awhile.

#41 Posted by chilibean_3 (1639 posts) -

Sure, I wouldn't mind if they had a once a month round up or something. I'm sure the comments section would be full of people flipping out so, yeah, let's see it happen! Sounds like the perfect beat for Patrick too.

#42 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Nope... especially to Facebook games. Seriously, that shit's terrible.

#43 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

That would be terrible

#44 Posted by Bollard (5530 posts) -

@mnzy said:

They already do talk about iOS games (1 million thingy or whatever it's called, Super Hexagon and Sword and Sworcery amongst many others). Any more and I think it would be a waste of time and space.

#45 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Etnos said:

Please start covering iOS - Android, Facebook games. I'm wasting more and more time at touch arcade than at Giantbomb...

I love AAA gaming, but seriously nowadays there is like 1 good game every 2 months, While there is at least a couple of interesting releases each week in the App store.

Lets move on with the times.

Absolutely agree, but every time I go on touch arcade or any android games website, they promote terrible stuff. I don't want a peggle rip off, I want to see the mcpixels, minecrafts and dead spaces. Without me just browsing the android store, i'd never know there was a dead space game on android. Same with max payne.

#46 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

Personally I have no interest in this genre. I would prefer more in-depth PC coverage.

#47 Posted by medacris (660 posts) -

If something really good comes around, I'm all for them reviewing it. The iOS market is really young, but maybe in a couple of years we'll be getting full-length games that will be pretty good.

I can't say I have a strong urge to play mobile games just yet, though. I like Apple, but I see no use for an iPhone or an iPad, and if I did have an iPhone, I wouldn't use it for gaming.

#48 Posted by UitDeToekomst (714 posts) -

i guess more than almost zero coverage would be okay, but lets not go overboard with it. i've only played a very small number of iOS games that are worth consumption.

#49 Posted by DarthOrange (3861 posts) -

They don't even cover all the big retail releases and now you want them to cover iOS as well? That shit cray.

#50 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

There's this website called Tested.com.