my last ties to gamespot....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ribeye

gamespot kinda  fell apart starting on the day they fired jeff (i feel ya' man, i've been fired unceremoniously myself), i don't particularly trust their reviews anymore and in fact the ONLY reason i still go to gamespot at all is because that's where my Tracked Games list is....i track like 50 games at any given time and it does keep me up-to-date if there's any news or updates

i don't listen to their podcast anymore, i switched up for the bombcast.  basically i like you guys better, jeff, brad, vinny...and whoever else came to giantbomb, you've earned my trust over the years and i want to make my switch to giantbomb complete

so my question is this, can i track games here at giantbomb?  and if not, why the hell not, that's literally my last tie to gamespot
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I felt that game tracking thing at gamespot was mostly just a lot of spam.  I don't believe you can track games like that here.  Any updates to games will appear on the front page.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

I'm keeping all the way out of this thread

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, the tracking thing was annoying.  But yeah, dont even read reviews at gamespot because the guys here dont write them anymore.  Also, they gave Halo Wars a 6.5, man, they must be trying to get some snob thing going or something.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ribeye

self-induced spam maybe, it only sends updates about the games you're tracking

i don't even care about the newsletter part so much, i don't even need the newsletter honestly,  i check the page a lot and it's nice to see right up at the top how many updates i have and be able to click right into them
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

I actually forgot GameSpot existed. Honestly, I really did.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM
ribeye said:
"self-induced spam maybe, it only sends updates about the games you're tracking

i don't even care about the newsletter part so much, i don't even need the newsletter honestly,  i check the page a lot and it's nice to see right up at the top how many updates i have and be able to click right into them
"
I don't know if it still does this anymore, but if you were tracking a few games in a series or anything related to another game, any updates for that game would also be sent out for anything related to that game, so I'd end up with like five batches of updates that were all the same.
ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ribeye

i don't know if it does that or not but the newsletters do get annoying, and that's not my point anyway, i could care less about the newsletter, by the time they (gamespot) gets a newsletter created and sent out, i've already checked the page 6 times and it's all old news by the time it reaches my inbox anyway

i just want to be able to come to giantbomb and see for myself if my tracked games have any updates, and be able to keep track of my owned games and wish list etc
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

Why even track games if you don't like getting the updates?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

We've really had enough of the Gamespot refugee topics, while I don't want to make you feel unwelcome here I will point out we've had (as I'm sure you can imagine) a big number of topics like these ever since GiantBomb launched. It is cool to see and know people are supporting GiantBomb but we really don't need to see or have anymore "I used to use Gamespot, now it sucks, I've come here" sort of topics.

Welcome to GiantBomb, enjoy your stay, enjoy the site and if you have questions send them my way :)