My little rant about locking blogs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I'm cutting to the chase here. I've seen blogs about the redesign get locked because he/she is making a duplicate thread and should express on the on going thread. It's a effin' blog! I understand some idiots the spam with random pics as blog posts but why lock them.

I have an idea. How about lock them from the forums, but still allow them to comment on the blog itself?
*This is done by randomness, and this post may sound stupid while reading it

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I agree with this. It's understandable for why it should be locked on the forums, but a blog is a blog and it shouldn't be locked on a person's profile because it's a little silly. If a person doesn't like that kind of stuff, then don't visit that blogger's profile.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

These thoughts would have been better suited to your blog.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I agree with you partially. But it's the posters fault to be honest. You have a choice whether it will show up on the forums or not.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jax

Well as far as I know, when you lock a the forum redirect for a blog, it locks the blog, same with deleting a forum redirect. It's built into the system AS FAR AS I KNOW. So I guess it's more on the dev side than the moderator.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

This should have been a blog :P

Also in the last topic I said "it's not much of a blog if you can't post random crap" but that was before I realised you have a choice on whether it will appear as a forum post or not. In that case, I agree in that they should treat them as forum posts. Otherwise people just post random crap in hopes they get more hits than usual as it shows up on the main forum page. Since that is their choice then they should make those blog posts more meaningful and keep their lesser posts blog only :)

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Virago

I agree. I can understand if threads are being unnecessarily created, but a blog's a personal opinion. If it's not offensive or wreaking havoc, there's no reason why they should be taken down. I'm on your side, man.
%Pr

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I agree 100% that it still should be treated as a forum post, but if locked, it should not be cut off from comments as a blog.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coltonio7

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"I agree 100% that it still should be treated as a forum post, but if locked, it should not be cut off from comments as a blog."
Agreed. You should still be able to post, but it should not get bumped up.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

Blogs posted to the forums have always and will continue to be treated like forum topics and as such are subject to being locked or deleted. If you CHOOSE to post a blog to the forums then you are essentially allowing the blog to be dealt with in this way. Blogs don't always have to be posted to the forums, simply navigate away from the page once you click submit and DO NOT confirm the blog to be posted to a specific board.

Locking this down. Any disputes or questions, my inbox is open :)