Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ververdan0226
THREE MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES...

RATCHET AND CLANK FUTURE: A CRACK IN TIME
Dead serious, my most anticipated game of Fall 2009 is Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Insomniac Games is one of my favorite developers, and that's because they consistently put out quality titles on a yearly basis. I even enjoyed Resistance 2 more than others, and although it did have some flaws, the single-player was still fairly solid, and the co-op and multiplayer added up into a great package that I have really enjoyed and that I don't believe people give enough credit too. But I'm getting off track. People clearly aren't as excited for this one because you look at it and, yep, its Ratchet. But three'sothing really wrong with that. The continual refinement and addition of gameplay elements that I see in the series and looks to continue into this game is fantastic. The series has always been innately satisfying to me, be it the beautiful vistas, the satisfying combat, the wonderful progression as you buy and upgrade weapons, the humor and storytelling, the relationship between Ratchet and Clank or just the sound you hear as a steady stream of bolts flows into you. The game so far looks gorgeous and just all around looks like a fantastic progression of the series through more open-ended worlds and what appears to be some awesome Clank platforming segments. I can't wait to play it. Allgeier (the Creative Director at Insomniac) has hinted that this may be the last one, and if so, I can't wait for the conclusion of the Future storyline. Ratchet and Clank truly are a great duo.

(Holy shit I sound like a PR rep, but I just love the series. Moving on).

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES
Here's a hint, the graphics are pretty. Like really pretty. Like really fucking goddamn pretty. Just from a technical perspective- animations, graphics and so on the game looks to be a step beyond Uncharted 1 in graphics (amazing right?). But that's not even why I'm excited. The pulp feel of the original- the characters, the story, the action-
all made up one of my favorite games on my PS3 (sorry mutated island inhabitants!). What with co-op and multiplayer, which I was a little ambivalnet towards, but both look shockingly solid.

BRUTAL LEGEND
If you aren't excited for this game, then you don't deserve to live. I mean, who isn't a fan of Tim Schafer at this point? Its action, its metal, its part real-time troop command, its open world and it looks awesome. And it definitely looks like Jack Black's work since High Fidelity (shows how quick people got sick of him).

I'M SICK OF TYPING, SO HERE'S A LIST OF EVERYTHING ELSE...

ALPHA PROTOCOL

Action, RPG, cool dialogue system, unique blend, quite intriguing. BOOM.

BORDERLANDS
Diablo with guns and satisfying combat set against awesome graphical flava. Come on people??

MODERN WARFARE 2
No explanation needed...

SINGULARITY
Really intriguing game with what looks like revolutionary time elements. Maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll be shit, but I am quite excited.

DARK VOID
Vertical shooter in the Bermuda Triangle with high production values and alien aircraft. Color me interested...

SCRIIBLENAUTS
Even if the game itself is altogether too simple, what they're doing with all those words is both unique and awesome and I am quite excited.

BIOSHOCK 2
Fuck you haters, I'm excited.

BAYONETTA
Hair + Action + Hideki Kamiya= Guilty Pleasure of the Fall

THE SABOTEUR
Very cool looking. About time Pandemic redeemed themselves for Mercs 2 (not bad, just not as good as expected).

Also, thought I'd mention Beatles: Rock Band, DJ Hero, Need for Speed SHIFT, Dragon Age" Origins and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (yay PS3!).

Keep in mind, this list is strictly titles confirmed for Fall (not Winter and Early 2009), except for maybe the Saboteur. Hope people read these blogs now that I'm doing them more often, but they don't, and that's just fine. Just my way of getting excited for the Fall. So yeah, good year for games.

Good night Giant Bomb.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ververdan0226
THREE MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES...

RATCHET AND CLANK FUTURE: A CRACK IN TIME
Dead serious, my most anticipated game of Fall 2009 is Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Insomniac Games is one of my favorite developers, and that's because they consistently put out quality titles on a yearly basis. I even enjoyed Resistance 2 more than others, and although it did have some flaws, the single-player was still fairly solid, and the co-op and multiplayer added up into a great package that I have really enjoyed and that I don't believe people give enough credit too. But I'm getting off track. People clearly aren't as excited for this one because you look at it and, yep, its Ratchet. But three'sothing really wrong with that. The continual refinement and addition of gameplay elements that I see in the series and looks to continue into this game is fantastic. The series has always been innately satisfying to me, be it the beautiful vistas, the satisfying combat, the wonderful progression as you buy and upgrade weapons, the humor and storytelling, the relationship between Ratchet and Clank or just the sound you hear as a steady stream of bolts flows into you. The game so far looks gorgeous and just all around looks like a fantastic progression of the series through more open-ended worlds and what appears to be some awesome Clank platforming segments. I can't wait to play it. Allgeier (the Creative Director at Insomniac) has hinted that this may be the last one, and if so, I can't wait for the conclusion of the Future storyline. Ratchet and Clank truly are a great duo.

(Holy shit I sound like a PR rep, but I just love the series. Moving on).

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES
Here's a hint, the graphics are pretty. Like really pretty. Like really fucking goddamn pretty. Just from a technical perspective- animations, graphics and so on the game looks to be a step beyond Uncharted 1 in graphics (amazing right?). But that's not even why I'm excited. The pulp feel of the original- the characters, the story, the action-
all made up one of my favorite games on my PS3 (sorry mutated island inhabitants!). What with co-op and multiplayer, which I was a little ambivalnet towards, but both look shockingly solid.

BRUTAL LEGEND
If you aren't excited for this game, then you don't deserve to live. I mean, who isn't a fan of Tim Schafer at this point? Its action, its metal, its part real-time troop command, its open world and it looks awesome. And it definitely looks like Jack Black's work since High Fidelity (shows how quick people got sick of him).

I'M SICK OF TYPING, SO HERE'S A LIST OF EVERYTHING ELSE...

ALPHA PROTOCOL

Action, RPG, cool dialogue system, unique blend, quite intriguing. BOOM.

BORDERLANDS
Diablo with guns and satisfying combat set against awesome graphical flava. Come on people??

MODERN WARFARE 2
No explanation needed...

SINGULARITY
Really intriguing game with what looks like revolutionary time elements. Maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll be shit, but I am quite excited.

DARK VOID
Vertical shooter in the Bermuda Triangle with high production values and alien aircraft. Color me interested...

SCRIIBLENAUTS
Even if the game itself is altogether too simple, what they're doing with all those words is both unique and awesome and I am quite excited.

BIOSHOCK 2
Fuck you haters, I'm excited.

BAYONETTA
Hair + Action + Hideki Kamiya= Guilty Pleasure of the Fall

THE SABOTEUR
Very cool looking. About time Pandemic redeemed themselves for Mercs 2 (not bad, just not as good as expected).

Also, thought I'd mention Beatles: Rock Band, DJ Hero, Need for Speed SHIFT, Dragon Age" Origins and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (yay PS3!).

Keep in mind, this list is strictly titles confirmed for Fall (not Winter and Early 2009), except for maybe the Saboteur. Hope people read these blogs now that I'm doing them more often, but they don't, and that's just fine. Just my way of getting excited for the Fall. So yeah, good year for games.

Good night Giant Bomb.

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xionpunk

I'm actually really excited for Ratchet too, even though I've never played a single game in the series.  I think the lack of a PS3 Jak and Daxter game is what  got me interested.  Anyways, Borderlands  and Demon's Souls are some others I'm looking forward to.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dsplayer1010

Uncharted 2 is most anticipated game of the whole year. And from everything we've seen so far, it looks as if it won't disappoint. 

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xionpunk

Oh yeah, Uncharted 2!  Naughty Dog is my favorite dev out there.

comedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By comedy

Glad to see Scribblenauts on that list.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ververdan0226
@xionpunk: Dude, you have to go check out all the old Ratchet games, they're a ton of fun! And definitely pick up Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty. Tools of Destruction is only $30 on Greatest Hits now, so you have no excuse.