My new PC specs! Torjans strike back edition.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By lavaman77

Meh i don't have the exact specs written down but this should do:
My System Specifications
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 660 @ 3.33GHz
System Memory (GB): 4
Video Card:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Desktop Resolution: 1600x900
Hard Disk Size (GB): 1 TB

This was built by a PC store nearby me. unfortunately for the last 3 days i've had RAM issues and crashes without figuring out the source of the problem, it turned out that the stupid stupid stupid employer who installed Windows 7 slapped, get this, PIRATED programs that were infected with Torjans and were slowing down my PC. the piece of crap Norton kept making my PC WORSE when doing full scans so i couldn't scan my PC until i got Malware Bytes and did a full scan and found a torjan lurking in my Documents, another was detected by the trial version of Nod32 and removed. i just feel like slamming my head into my keyboard for not figuring out the slow down problems sooner.

Here's the games i bought and playing atm:
Team Fortress 2 (SO happy to get back to playing this game! the console version's lag was unbearable.)
BF:BC2 (I still haven't gotten the stupid updater to download the latest patch so i can't play it atm but will soon.)
Crysis ( <3 eye candy to the max. i sadly can only get decent framerate at high only, very high is unplayable.)
L4D (Playing this game on PC feels right.)
Sims 3 (This game is LOADS of fun. i missed playing this game series.)
Diablo 2 (I still need to level my Druid in this game. QQ)

Oh and Keyboard+Mouse controls? WAY better than Controllers, i missed playing FPS's on PC.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lavaman77

Meh i don't have the exact specs written down but this should do:
My System Specifications
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 660 @ 3.33GHz
System Memory (GB): 4
Video Card:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Desktop Resolution: 1600x900
Hard Disk Size (GB): 1 TB

This was built by a PC store nearby me. unfortunately for the last 3 days i've had RAM issues and crashes without figuring out the source of the problem, it turned out that the stupid stupid stupid employer who installed Windows 7 slapped, get this, PIRATED programs that were infected with Torjans and were slowing down my PC. the piece of crap Norton kept making my PC WORSE when doing full scans so i couldn't scan my PC until i got Malware Bytes and did a full scan and found a torjan lurking in my Documents, another was detected by the trial version of Nod32 and removed. i just feel like slamming my head into my keyboard for not figuring out the slow down problems sooner.

Here's the games i bought and playing atm:
Team Fortress 2 (SO happy to get back to playing this game! the console version's lag was unbearable.)
BF:BC2 (I still haven't gotten the stupid updater to download the latest patch so i can't play it atm but will soon.)
Crysis ( <3 eye candy to the max. i sadly can only get decent framerate at high only, very high is unplayable.)
L4D (Playing this game on PC feels right.)
Sims 3 (This game is LOADS of fun. i missed playing this game series.)
Diablo 2 (I still need to level my Druid in this game. QQ)

Oh and Keyboard+Mouse controls? WAY better than Controllers, i missed playing FPS's on PC.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Ouch, that's kinda bad from the store, but there's loads of good free anti stuff to counter that, good that you got it worked out!

And yes, enjoy the gaming! ^_^

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaneDev

Norton is god awful when I installed it on my new computer (because I got it free with it) the computer would not recognize the disk drive, when I uninstalled it then it did recognize it. 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

You could get them in pretty deep shit for installing pirated software on a machine you paid for.

Yup, there are always games that only really work on the PC (or at least with keyboard/mouse controls; something which would totally be do-able on consoles if they'd allow it). Hope you enjoy it!

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lavaman77
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" Ouch, that's kinda bad from the store, but there's loads of good free anti stuff to counter that, good that you got it worked out!  And yes, enjoy the gaming! ^_^ "

Yeah i honestly didn't think that they would be this unresponsible and thanks!
  @ShaneDev said:

" Norton is god awful when I installed it on my new computer (because I got it free with it) the computer would not recognize the disk drive, when I uninstalled it then it did recognize it.  "

I know it's worse on Windows 7 than on XP. i looked for Nod32 EVERYWHERE and everyone are fucking clueless about it.

@AndrewB said:

" You could get them in pretty deep shit for installing pirated software on a machine you paid for.  Yup, there are always games that only really work on the PC (or at least with keyboard/mouse controls; something which would totally be do-able on consoles if they'd allow it). Hope you enjoy it! "

They gave me a  1 year warranty so i would rather ignore that they did it for now, if they do it again then i will consider reporting them.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I will always enjoy using a controller more then a mouse and keyboard, i don't care about the loss in precision. :D  Using a gamepad makes games 10X funner.  IF they are playable in the first place,  FPS games for instance i enjoy more with a controller.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lavaman77
@Resident4t said:
" I will always enjoy using a controller more then a mouse and keyboard, i don't care about the loss in precision. :D  Using a gamepad makes games 10X funner.  IF they are playable in the first place,  FPS games for instance i enjoy more with a controller. "
Hehe to each their own man, i perfer using gamepads on PC only with TPS's.
nickhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nickhimself

HITMANAGENT47