• 52 results
#1 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

#2 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Far Cry 3.

#3 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Far Cry 3

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

My advice is to stay away from Assassin's Creed III if you're not somehow already throat deep in it. I'm not sure I recommend Far Cry 3 either, but it does let you use a flamethrower and that alone can sell a video game.

#5 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

i havent played farcry 3, but i have AC3, it was ok. not great though.

so i'd go with farcry 3

#6 Posted by leebmx (2227 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is by far the better of the two.

#7 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

Far Cry 3 looks awesome.

#8 Edited by Spoonman671 (4565 posts) -

You get to control the protagonist in Far Cry 3, so that gets my vote.

#9 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Far Cry 3 has been a ridiculous amount of fun so far.

#10 Posted by SynticV1 (53 posts) -

AC3 is fresh for about the first 15 minutes, and then it sets in that you've played this game 4 times before in the same series.

Far Cry 3 is making people forget out the frustration fest that was Far Cry 2. That says something.

#11 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

Far Cry 3.

#12 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

Wow! almost unanimous! Farcry 3 it is! Hope this helps someone else who faces this same conundrum.

#13 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (383 posts) -

From all of the reviews and the love that game is getting from the GIantBomb guys, I'd say FarCry 3 sounds mighty nice at this point. Sounds like AC3 is still a good game though.

#14 Posted by verbalmedal (55 posts) -

far cry 3

#15 Posted by Discoman (159 posts) -

Either way Ubisoft gets money. I'd probably buy FC3 considering I never played a full AC game.

#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

After having fought Generic Bandit Vehicle Patrol #102 in Far Cry 3, you'll wish you had spent that money on unhealthy food instead. Keep an RPG close to take them out the second they open their filthy mouths to yell something stupid at you.

#17 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

AC3 made me mad almost as soon as I started playing (watching) it, so Far Cry 3 I guess.

#18 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

farcry 3

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

I'm a huge AC fan, and I'd say to get Far Cry 3. :/

#20 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Assassins Creed 3 is good but from what I've seen of Far Cry 3 looks incredible so ill go out on a limb and say that

#21 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

AC3 felt rushed, a step back and like someone swinging a bat and loses the grip and it travels through the air and hits one of us, the players, straight in the teeth.

#22 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

Kid: Can I please have some candy?

Dad: No!

= Assassin's Creed 3

#23 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Oh man, Far Cry 3 all the fucking way.

I bought Assassins Creed 3, and I deeply regret it.

#24 Posted by war_hamster (4 posts) -

I was really disappointed with Assassins Creed 3. They tried to do so much, and it just wasn't fun. Also, the Templar/Assassin thing is getting stretched pretty thin. All of that combined with crappy controls and annoying missions make it a bad game. I loved Far Cry 2 and the new one looks absolutely amazing. Go for it.

#25 Posted by SharkEthic (1009 posts) -

Far Cry 3 by a huge margin! It's super fun so far.

AC3 was a snooze fest...not even kidding, I was bored out of my mind playing that game! And I was a huge fan of the previous installments (maybe not Revelations).

#26 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

I haven't played Far Cry 3. However, Assassin's Creed III was so busted and boring I can't recommend that game to anyone. Maybe it's worth rolling through for academic sake, so long as you don't have to pay full value. I would hold out, Far Cry has been getting a lot of good buzz.

#27 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

AC3 is good but Far Cry seems like the winner.

#28 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -

Who the hell clicked the AC3 option???

Far Cry 3 for sure.

#29 Posted by UitDeToekomst (705 posts) -

I was hugely disappointed by AC3 and I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet, but I like the sound of a lot of what I hear about it. If it were my choice now, based on the aforementioned situation, I would definitely go with Far Cry 3.

#30 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Haven't played Far Cry 3 as it isn't out yet in my region. Assassins Creed 3 is a good game, but it's not the best in the series.

#31 Posted by SharkEthic (1009 posts) -

@mordukai said:

People who hasn't played Far Cry 3.

#32 Posted by Fredddi43 (322 posts) -

While i enjoyed Assassin's Creed 3, the ~18 hours I played that game are nearly as much as I while have put into Far Cry 3 when I'm done playing that. And I'm having a huge blast playing that, while AC3 was merely "fun".

#33 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is infinitely better than AC3.

#34 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1919 posts) -

I would honestly like to know the reasoning of the seven people who chose AC over FC.

#35 Posted by smcn (901 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is my favorite stealth game this year.

#36 Posted by Rokkaku (221 posts) -

I haven't played AC 3 so I can't say anything about it beside pass on second-hand opinions, but having acquired Far Cry 3 this weekend and subsequently having spent said weekend either playing Far Cry 3 or thinking about Far Cry 3, I can wholeheartedly recommend buying Far Cry 3. It's the closest any video game has come to a fully realised, fully featured fever dream. If you've ever read Lord of the Flies or The Beach, you'll particularly appreciate the descent into savagery that Far Cry 3 is about. Plus, it's absolutely beautiful, even on the creaking console hardware (I'm playing on PS3). The game makes it extremely easy for you to act out your inner savage, that more primitive being that everyone has inside. It's kind of worrying, in a way. Oh well, I'm going to shoot another fucking shark and skin it. Bye!

#37 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Poor Assassins Creed. I haven't beaten it but its a solid game. You should definitely pick it up in the future, but I do agree with the majority like I said earlier.

#38 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

AC 3 is not a good game so I wouldn't recommend buying it period. Haven't played Far Cry yet but from what I've seen and heard it seems it might turn out to be pretty good.

#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5268 posts) -

I've played through a good bit of AC3 aaaannnnddddd get Far Cry 3.

#40 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

FC. 100% (well, 93% based om the poll)

#41 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5268 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

@mordukai said:

People who hasn't played Far Cry 3.

or Assassins Creed 3

#42 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Family Feud

#43 Posted by mikey87144 (1670 posts) -

@mordukai said:

Far Cry 3 for sure.

This. AC3 when it came out felt like fans should play it out of obligation to the story. Far Cry 3 seems like a "dude, you have to play this game" type of game. the worst thing I've heard about it is that the console versions aren't up to snuff with the PC version.

#44 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Far Cry 3. Haven't played it, but you're more likely to get more out of that than AC3.

#45 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

AC3 is a really good game with a lot to do but its still AC and there have been too many of them lately with little changes. Unless you are a die hard AC fan, I would go with FC3.

#46 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Farcry 3.

This one wasn't even on my watch list, but it really seems to be performing.

#47 Posted by leafhouse (133 posts) -

i got ACIII from redbox on a whim and returned it the same night. fuck that game.

#48 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

AC3 was my biggest disappointment of the year.

#49 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@TorMasturba: You can get FC3 or you can get AC3 for $10 cheaper. I have a code that takes $10 off a purchase of AC3. On Amazon though.

#50 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Also....PC or console?