• 65 results
#1 Edited by Laksa (240 posts) -

What's yours?

#2 Posted by madman356647 (374 posts) -

I played Shadow the Hedgehog for 2 hours.

Forgive me Luchadeer, for I have sinned.

#3 Posted by Superfriend (1584 posts) -

Well, it´s not a great game, but at least you gave it a chance. Two hours should be enough to know you don´t like it. ONE minute however... is not ample time to judge any game. Even DNF.

My single most regrettable videogame achievement would probably be playing Perfect Dark Zero for waaaay too long to get a lot of the achievements. I even grinded some of those out with bots.

#4 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

Finishing FFXIII. Why?

#5 Posted by LostDonuts (21 posts) -

I got every achievement in Saints Row the Third including those stupid challenges.

But honestly I always felt bad about those trophies in Little Big Planet that you can achieve by playing a trophy multiplayer level.

#6 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2333 posts) -

I've beat at least 5 Cabela's games.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

All the alone in the dark achievements are mine. ALL of them.

#9 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

The one with the tentacles? I worked in QA on that game. Fuck that game and both its terrible endings if we can even call 'em that! It's a pretty easy S-Rank though i suppose.

#10 Posted by DriveupLife (919 posts) -

I ran over zombies in Dead Rising for 3 hours when I was a freshman in college...with five guys watching me the whole time. It was called the Zombie genocider achievement

#11 Edited by Legion_ (1556 posts) -
#12 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Grinding a legendary in Guild Wars 2. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game - but I'd have stopped at the 500 hours mark if I hadn't arbitrarily decided to go after it. This trivial pursuit has left me somewhat embittered with the game, when I called it quits after over 1000 hours total.

Most trivial pursuit ever designed, and so very unfit for its ostensibly *legendary* reward.

#13 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Beating Star Ocean 4 on hard. It was bad enough that I hated everything about the game and decided to suffer it all over again, but worse that it was now on a higher difficulty.

I never want to touch it again.

#14 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4879 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

You're a goddamn mad man, but the game had amazing music didn't it?

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Also I have all most all of the ones from Infernal.

#16 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@laksa said:

What's yours?

How cute.

#17 Posted by PedanticJase (61 posts) -

got to be the Avatar Airbender game on 360. Shameful stuff

#18 Posted by Phoenix654 (269 posts) -

I sought out, purchased, and still own, a copy of Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles for the PSone. Also, I played enough of it to beat it with 4 of the 5 Jedis in the game. Still has the most satisfying deflection mechanic of any lightsaber based game, but everything else is terrible.

#19 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3799 posts) -

I have some achievements for Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2. Oh God how do I erase these achievements!

#20 Posted by TheBluthCompany (422 posts) -

I have every achievement in Lost: Via Domus. Spoiler alert: It's not very good. Also the guy who voices Locke sounds like an old-timey prospector.

#21 Edited by ObsideonDarman (670 posts) -

I got the Platinum in Iron Man 2: The Video Game. DON'T JUDGE ME!

#22 Posted by Buttenator (189 posts) -

#23 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12105 posts) -

Whatever man. I beat that game, which requires you to replay some of the stages like a half-dozen times. Even then I knew it was bad, but... y'know, this was back when rentals existed and I was young enough to still rent games. I dunno though. I still think Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure is the single worst game I've rented... because I was like 9 and only owned a gamecube, and the Blockbuster didn't exactly have a wide selection.

#24 Posted by hollitz (1612 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. The game simply doesn't work on that difficulty and I'm ashamed of myself for slogging through it just for a fucking achievement.

#25 Edited by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

@laksa said:

What's yours?

How cute.

I've got you both beat at 33 hours clocked. So there.

#26 Edited by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

I have some achievements for Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2. Oh God how do I erase these achievements!

The only thing depressing about anything related to DOAX2 for me is I fucking lost all of my saves! So many bikini's collected so much progress lost. A man can only play butt battle for so many hours before he starts to go insane.

#27 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Probably playing as much Quest 64 as I did without complaint.

Granted, I was high on painkillers post-wisdom teeth removal at the time, but that's hardly an excuse. I'm pretty sure that the only way to derive enjoyment from that game is while in an altered state of mind.

#28 Edited by Xymox (2115 posts) -

@laksa said:

What's yours?

I picked up poop in this game. I didn't have to, but I did.
I looked at the list of achievements after having beaten the game, went back, and picked up poop.

I don't think I ever fully recovered... and my achievement list will be forever tainted by this event.

#29 Edited by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -

Dunno, buying GTAIV?

#30 Posted by TyrellOCP (357 posts) -

Onichambra: Bikini Samurai Squad.

I beat it, even after the game glitched and cost me loads of progress in a stupidly hard boss battle.

#31 Edited by Arbie (1437 posts) -

A bunch of people thought I only played Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper for the achievements. I didn't, I actually liked it. Then I got treated like that should be shameful! Whyyy world! Whyy do you judge me so!!

#32 Posted by Superfriend (1584 posts) -

Dunno, buying GTAIV?

Oh, look here, somebody is reeeal edgy in this thread on the internet.

#33 Edited by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -
#34 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@the_laughing_man said:

The one with the tentacles? I worked in QA on that game.

I'm guessing that you eventually threw your hands in the air and decided to stop showing up to work, knowing there was no redeeming this crap?

#35 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@the_laughing_man said:

The one with the tentacles? I worked in QA on that game.

I'm guessing that you eventually threw your hands in the air and decided to stop showing up to work, knowing there was no redeeming this crap?

It was my first project in QA, it wasn't before 5-6 more projects that i became completely disillusioned about the job.

#36 Edited by fisk0 (4464 posts) -

@superfriend said:

@starvinggamer said:

Dunno, buying GTAIV?

He may have bought the PC version, which has always been unplayable in some way on the three machines I've tried it on. At best I had terrible framerate and shadows that didn't quite work. On my latest rig it doesn't render the actual city, only the people, garbage cans and cars and a couple of indoor areas. Makes it pretty hard to not hit obstacles like buildings and stuff, and to find the entrance to that bar or whatever you can see right through the walls into.

I don't regret the purchase though, I'm sure it'll at least run in Wine if I upgrade one of my Linux boxes enough.

#37 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

Dunno, buying GTAIV?

I used to have a Gerstmann-esque compulsion to buy special editions whenever they were available. I wasn't overly enthusiastic for GTAIV, but kind of resigned myself to the notion that I'd play it eventually, so I went ahead and ordered the special edition. Now I have a useless duffel bag and lockbox and a soundtrack CD that I've never listened to. Totally worth the extra £40 or so.

#38 Edited by Dixego (389 posts) -
#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@marcsman said:

Finishing FFXIII. Why?

Cause that game's fuckin' great, that's why!

#40 Edited by impartialgecko (1685 posts) -

@marcsman said:

Finishing FFXIII. Why?

Cause that game's fuckin' great, that's why!

Yeah! The most meaty and content-rich tutorial I've ever played.

#41 Edited by Angre_Leperkan439 (332 posts) -

This motherfucker.

#42 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

I have a copy of Superman 64.

#43 Edited by Labman (288 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

@laksa said:

What's yours?

How cute.

I don't think that this can be topped!

#44 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (332 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

@laksa said:

What's yours?

How cute.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#45 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Actually might have an idea for a site feature here. After the Burnout 2 video I ended up digging out my copy of Burnout Revenge and within about two hours of play managed to pop my first achievement for that game in seven years (I'm terrible at Burning Lap stages in that game, so I missed a bunch of achievements despite it being an early 360 game).

So here's where I'm going with this: over the summer, how about the crew plays through a number of early 360 games with the aim of getting the least fulfilling or just generally sadistic achievements possible? The *single* achievement that can be gained from PDZ's entire campaign? One Free Bullet in Orange Box? The zero-point stuff in Kameo?

Gold, Jerry! Gold! Okay, maybe not.

#46 Edited by Trilogy (2687 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

Dunno, buying GTAIV?

@superfriend: Regretting a purchase is edgy now?

To be fair, regretting a purchase isn't any more edgy than it is an achievement.

Anyway, most most regrettable achievement was this one.

It's the achievement from the 2008 Prince of Persia where you have to die less than 100 times during your play-through of the game. It's worth 100 points, and this is from when I gave a shit about achievements, so I ended up getting so agitated every time I missed a jump. It made playing the game way more stressful than it should of been considering they made "dying" very forgiving. I ended up getting it but I wasn't even happy when I did. Learned my lesson, at least.

#47 Edited by csl316 (9421 posts) -

So much Tenchu Z!

#48 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -
@csl316 said:

So much Tenchu Z!

Funny you mention that. The more I think about it, some of the dumber ones are the effort put into stuff before achievement points existed, where no one will ever really know whether I've done it or not (because, you know, the validation is so important). Case in point: I played a ridiculous amount of Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, to the point that I'd gotten perfect rankings on all the campaign levels for every character with each of the enemy layouts... and I can't remember what you get for it at all.

#49 Edited by Wraxend (570 posts) -

I feel dirty and cheap when I see the Terminator Salvation platinum trophy I got.

#50 Posted by Zleunamme (704 posts) -

Getting The Big Boner achievement for completing that chapter in Shadows of the Damned. A few of the achievements from Saints Row the Third: Ow my Balls! and Stay Classy Steelport.