• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Using racism is very bad. If you do it, you are bad. Also using slurs directed at gay people are bad. If you do that as well, you are bad. In real life if you done this many people would be upset because it is bad. Likewise on the internet, it is bad. People may not be able to physically be with you and you may be hidden behind a computer screen but this isn't a Texas walker ranger badge to go around saying racism or anti-gay words. Or bad people words in general. Part of the reason people say these bad things isn't because they actually hate black people or gay people for being gay in nature but because they feel in a safe zone, free of any real repercussions. Even the threat of moderation is seen as trivial. With the internet hackers use new IP's to get back on internet websites.

Another problem is the nature of the gaming community I feel. It is almost always negative full of hipster nihilism. The young adults aspire to be like the 4chan. It is cool to mean. And weak to be good. In order to appear like a cool dude to other people on the internet, gamers typically hate everything and act like everything "sucks". By doing this they think they will be cool dudes. Any and everything sucks. And if you like something, then you must be attacked.

When you have a plant you give it water. Water helps a plant retain life. It is very good. When you give a plant too much water, it drowns. The people on gaming forums would probably like that idea and boast about killing the plant. Rather than cultivate a climate of respect and happiness. Gamers are very poor people I feel. It is partly why games aim so low. They know the target audience just want to shoot people in the face and shout profanity in call of duty.

A good example of this was the Call Of Duty "F" word advert. Activision know this word is commonly used in Call Of Duty rampantly full of hipster nihilism. Rather than stamp it out and be good, they want to cultivate it in order to appear "down with the kids".

Overall I feel in order to make the world a better place, parents need to be better. I feel most do a very poor job of raising children. Our vision of the world is formed as a child and if you strickly dictate what a child experiences they wont grow up to be racist or use the F word and generally be nice people.

#1 Edited by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Using racism is very bad. If you do it, you are bad. Also using slurs directed at gay people are bad. If you do that as well, you are bad. In real life if you done this many people would be upset because it is bad. Likewise on the internet, it is bad. People may not be able to physically be with you and you may be hidden behind a computer screen but this isn't a Texas walker ranger badge to go around saying racism or anti-gay words. Or bad people words in general. Part of the reason people say these bad things isn't because they actually hate black people or gay people for being gay in nature but because they feel in a safe zone, free of any real repercussions. Even the threat of moderation is seen as trivial. With the internet hackers use new IP's to get back on internet websites.

Another problem is the nature of the gaming community I feel. It is almost always negative full of hipster nihilism. The young adults aspire to be like the 4chan. It is cool to mean. And weak to be good. In order to appear like a cool dude to other people on the internet, gamers typically hate everything and act like everything "sucks". By doing this they think they will be cool dudes. Any and everything sucks. And if you like something, then you must be attacked.

When you have a plant you give it water. Water helps a plant retain life. It is very good. When you give a plant too much water, it drowns. The people on gaming forums would probably like that idea and boast about killing the plant. Rather than cultivate a climate of respect and happiness. Gamers are very poor people I feel. It is partly why games aim so low. They know the target audience just want to shoot people in the face and shout profanity in call of duty.

A good example of this was the Call Of Duty "F" word advert. Activision know this word is commonly used in Call Of Duty rampantly full of hipster nihilism. Rather than stamp it out and be good, they want to cultivate it in order to appear "down with the kids".

Overall I feel in order to make the world a better place, parents need to be better. I feel most do a very poor job of raising children. Our vision of the world is formed as a child and if you strickly dictate what a child experiences they wont grow up to be racist or use the F word and generally be nice people.

#2 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

That was umm.... A good read? I mean you've said things that are correct, so there's that, and that's a thing indeed. 
I wouldn't know about parenting, it's probably a much harder and more fucked up and confusing thing than you or I imagine, which is why I hope I'll never have to go through it, but yes, kids wanna be cool which means being bad which means repeating edgy offensive words. 

Also I would quote your first two lines and slam a Mr. Mackey picture under them but I feel the moderators are too on-edge to allow that kind of funny light-hearted spam right now.

#3 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

Using racism is very bad.

I stopped reading after that. Apparently you have no idea what racism actually is.

#4 Edited by believer258 (12211 posts) -

Guys, racism is bad. Thought I'd reaffirm that. Oh, yeah, and homophobia too, I guess.

EDIT: Well, you know what this thread needs more of? Opportunistic nihilist music.

#5 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

everything is bad.

#6 Edited by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

I stopped reading after that. Apparently you have no idea what racism actually is.

This is a very good example of opportunist hipster nihilism. The user makes a short blank statement specifically designed to lower the user while making some form of indication "they know" the real truth of the world to appear "cool" and "important". Not just to other people but to reassure themselfs. This is very bad I feel.

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

Kill me now.

#8 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

This is a very good example of opportunist hipster nihilism. The user makes a short blank statement specifically designed to lower the user while making some form of indication "they know" the real truth of the world.

So is using racism bad or not you've gone and confused me!

#9 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

This is a very good example of opportunist hipster nihilism. The user makes a short blank statement specifically designed to lower the user while making some form of indication "they know" the real truth of the world to appear "cool" and "important". Not just to other people but to reassure themselfs. This is very bad I feel.

What can I say, you got me. Opportunistic hipster nihilist and proud of it!

#10 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

STOP THIS.

#11 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

@Deusx said:

STOP THIS.

Why?! What time is it?

#12 Posted by CrazyBagMan (859 posts) -

I feel like all these threads are only going to make Ryan feel worse. He's a good man@RockmanBionics said:

@Deusx said:

STOP THIS.

Why?! What time is it?

4:14 mountain time

#13 Edited by drGiggless (222 posts) -

It's 5 minutes to midnight on the "Racism People are Very Bad" clock.

#14 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12134 posts) -

Yep. Using racism is bad. Also everyone on these forums is a hipster nihilist. Total War is the greatest game ever made. Which one? All of them.

#15 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Kind of off-topic, but I am strangely upset that your profile picture is no longer Spock crouching.

#16 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

Texas walker ranger badge to go around saying racism or anti-gay words.

Or bad people words in general.

be like the 4chan.

It is cool to mean.

By doing this they think they will be cool dudes.

Our vision of the world is formed as a child and if you strickly dictate what a child experiences they wont grow up to be racist or use the F word and generally be nice people.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT

also, if you strictly dictate what a child experiences, they very well may rebel against you and do the opposite of what you want.

and how is using profanity somehow equal to racism? how does that make sense?

#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

You people make me sick! You take away our racism and gay slurs and what do we have left?! WHAT DO WE HAVE LEFT?!?!?!

#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater: They are ALL the greatest game?!

#19 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:

@Deusx said:

STOP THIS.

Why?! What time is it?

IT'S OVERREACTION TIME, BABY.

Also 6:30.
#20 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Mountain Dew Code Red.

#21 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

Kind of off-topic, but I am strangely upset that your profile picture is no longer Spock crouching.

His spelling and grammar has slightly improved though there's that I guess.

#22 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

You people make me sick! You take away our racism and gay slurs and what do we have left?! WHAT DO WE HAVE LEFT?!?!?!

Uh, you are bad. People say bad things about you.

Am I doing it right?

#23 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

nothing!

*cries in the corner*

#24 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -
opportunist hipster nihilism

Sooo you took three words you vaguely understand, threw them together and came up with what you thought was an intelligent label. Okay, gotcha.

Crap! I'm not replying to the initial argument made by the OP in the thread. I must be an opportunist hipster nihilist, too! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

#25 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

@Enigma777 said:

nothing!

*cries in the corner*

We will always have our anime avatars!

#26 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

It seems opportunistic hipster nihilism is gaining some followers. *twiddles thumbs and gives out an evil laugh*

#27 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@drGiggless said:

@Enigma777 said:

nothing!

*cries in the corner*

We will always have our anime avatars!

Oh you just wait, next thing you know they will ban anime avatars for being too good looking. It's offensive to ugly people.

#28 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -
@PixelPrinny: You're euphemism for lackluster equality are a mere subsequent delusion of inappropriate delinquency. Malevolence.
#29 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@Enigma777: Don't worry, you still have your drink driving.

#30 Posted by laserbolts (5371 posts) -

Thank you for this it was very necessary.

#31 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -
#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Drugs are bad, m'kay. Racism is bad, m'kay.

#33 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@CL60 said:

Drugs are bad, m'kay. Racism is bad, m'kay.

Great minds think alike.

#34 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

@N7 said:

@PixelPrinny: You're euphemism for lackluster equality is a mere subsequent delusion of inappropriate delinquency. Malevolence.

duh.

#35 Edited by Jams (2966 posts) -
I got my eye on you racism. People may not be able to physically be with you and you may be hidden behind a computer screen but this isn't a Texas walker ranger badge to go around saying racism or anti-gay words.
#36 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

whyisspockpostingblogs

#37 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -

One thing to consider is that any sort of -ism (ie racism, sexism, etc) is the promotion of any one demographic above another. Consider organizations such as the NAACP and the United Negro College Fund. While their purpose is fairness, their very existence (never mind the "CP" stands for "Colored People", and the word "Negro" are both considered racist if used by any other race) is racist, as they promote their particular demographic above all others.

One thing that people of all races, creeds, religions, etc need to remember that what most everyone in the US (and indeed the world) wants is equal rights, but not equal responsibility. A prime example of this is Selective Service (aka "The Draft"). Women are not required by law to register for this, meaning one of two things: A) They're not capable, or B) They're more valuable than men. Either option is sexism.

#38 Posted by Daveyo520 (7008 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Sooo you took three words you vaguely understand, threw them together and came up with what you thought was an intelligent label. Okay, gotcha.

Crap! I'm not replying to the initial argument made by the OP in the thread. I must be an opportunist hipster nihilist, too! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Well, aren't you?

#39 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@TheKramer89 said:

@N7 said:

@PixelPrinny: You're euphemism for lackluster equality is a mere subsequent delusion of inappropriate delinquency. Malevolence.

duh.

It all makes perfect sense now! What I fool as I was, but no longer!

#40 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Well, aren't you?

Aren't we all?

#41 Posted by Daveyo520 (7008 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Daveyo520 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Well, aren't you?

Aren't we all?

But isn't she the biggest one of them all?

#42 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5410 posts) -
#43 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

*hurriedly bows down*

We are not worthy of your presence oh great Hime tsuri-sama!

#44 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Daaaaw.

"Bitches and Whores"

#45 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Daveyo520 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Well, aren't you?

Aren't we all?

But isn't she the biggest one of them all?

I'm rubber, you're glue!

#46 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

whyisspockpostingblogs

whyareyoufuckingthatduckspock

#47 Posted by forkboy (1176 posts) -

Using racism is very bad. If you do it, you are bad. Also using slurs directed at gay people are bad. If you do that as well, you are bad. In real life if you done this many people would be upset because it is bad. Likewise on the internet, it is bad. People may not be able to physically be with you and you may be hidden behind a computer screen but this isn't a Texas walker ranger badge to go around saying racism or anti-gay words.

The bit about "hipster nihilism" was pretty ludicrous, as is an internet nerd lecturing parents how to do their job, but this part I quoted, yeah, I don't think any sane, rational adult can disagree that racist & homophobic insults are not fucking cool.

#48 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Stop saying racism, guys. OP doesn't like that word. Not one bit.

#49 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

For someone who is telling me to stop hating so many things, you sure do hate racism and homophobia.

#50 Posted by Daveyo520 (7008 posts) -

@PixelPrinny: I was thinking of calling you a C word with all that is going on since it would be funny but I think that is frowned upon now.