• 72 results
#51 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Yikes, I liked the show. ~ I now have more chances to watch shows ,since I don't pay for UP-Fs. I liked having Chris and Carolyn on the show, they just need to come in with some nice jokes every once in a while. It Can be hard to compete with the 'Bomb crew.

#52 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

Boringspot. Come on man, try harder than that.

I thought it was fun, it needs a little tightening up and only Chris seemed fully comfortable on camera. I listen to Gameplay and there's some fun people at Gamespot. I just think they need to be more comfortable on camera that will only come with time.

Also, some of the people in the chat fucking disgust me.

Lamespot

I didn't like the show and I couldn't finish watching it. I just don't think the idea of playing whatever just came out the day before. Why waste time with the idea any further when you have about 100 other "shows" like flight club and random ass pc game that could be held every Wednesday.

#53 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I didn't see anything wrong with the show. Besides, the show had more of an informative purpose rather than entertainment to me, which I'm totally fine with.

#54 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Boring Spot and Awesome Bomb.

Wednesdays at 6:30. Only on CBS.

Bing it!

#55 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

I really enjoyed it. I'm always happy for more Giant Bomb content. I'm not familiar with the Gamespot crew at all, but they seemed okay to me. I really look forward to seeing more of this feature in the future.

#56 Posted by The_Infamous_C4 (90 posts) -

@alternate: I'm a grown ass man, with a full time job and other hobbies. I have very little interest in arguing with children in a forum. I participate every live stream I can.

#57 Posted by The_Infamous_C4 (90 posts) -

@gunstarred: Boringspot is accurate. I find nothing offensive in what they do or who they are, they are professionals, I'm sure they work hard and are passionate. they are however boring and on giantbomb have no place (as a group, individual gamespot staff as guest is fine) .

#59 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I liked it! I support Giant Bomb playing co-op with Game Spot. I have nothing against any of the GS people. I have never seen "Maxwell" or what his name was, that showed ME3: Citadel, but I thought he was cool and did well to show it off in a non-boring way.

Keep it going and I'm sure we'll see more from the GS people, in that they'll contribute more in a way of lowering their shoulders a little and just have fun showing the games like the Giant Bomb folks are good at.

#60 Posted by Drebin_893 (2911 posts) -

I think this whole deleting posts thing is really, really unhelpful.

#61 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@drebin_893: Mods can see deleted posts so if there was something really bad they can pick up on it. Its usually good that people practice some self-moderation from time to time by deleting their own nonsense.

#62 Edited by Milkman (16682 posts) -

THIS INTERNET IS SERIOUS, GUYS

#63 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

@nodima said:

I liked it, the main point of that show appears to be A) highlighting new stuff and B) highlighting ALL the new stuff. Gamespot is more of a "let's review all of that" sort of website, so it makes sense for them to come in one stuff like Naruto.

That said, they've got the power of two entire companies and they still can't find anyone that knows how to play sports games? I feel like I'm in such an awkward, unsupported ghetto of the Giantbomb community where sports video games are the most interesting genre niche to me and yet the only satisfaction I can get from the coverage of those games is seeing how laymen might approach NBA 2K's daunting interface.

I just don't see Patrick ever logging into, I don't know, Tomb Raider and then jsut running around screaming "I don't know anything about raiding tombs!" while skipping all the tutorials and then screaming again "I don't know anything about shooting arrows!"

You might feel better if you watch the Banner Saga QL, where he does basically the same with a tactical game :)

#64 Edited by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -
@drebin_893 said:

I think this whole deleting posts thing is really, really unhelpful.

You think that when people post offensive things the posts should remain there for everyone to see? Remind me to never visit a forum you moderate.

We're not in the business of censoring opinions. If we were doing that, this thread wouldn't exist. And half the comments on the video wouldn't exist. People are free to express their opinions, both negative and positive, about the show. People aren't free to act like assholes about it and directly insult other users. People who do that will find their post deleted and a warning in their PM inbox.

And like I said before, there was only one bad post in this thread. All the other deletions were either quotes of that bad post, or double posts. Most people have been perfectly civil with their criticisms.

#65 Posted by The_Infamous_C4 (90 posts) -

@mattyftm: the cleanest solution is to remove the section that says "post deleted" like the post was never there. it stops people wondering what they missed.

#66 Edited by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

TC how dare you have an opinion that's not positive. This guy should be talked down.

#67 Posted by bibz (35 posts) -

If I wanted to see the gamespot people theres already a website for that I dont go to. I dunno if jeffs band aid removal from gamespot leaves him wanting to rekindle the magic he missed, or if he genuinly thinks theres a crossover between the brands (seems to be I guess). But I consider giantbomb more for the geeky enthusiast and gamespot for the generic and the horribly spergy nerdy. Maybe because thats who actually works at each site. Imo, find more devs with personality, leave the dead wood on the other floors.

#68 Posted by AkihikoSenpai (33 posts) -

Yeah, it seems that the gamespot guys really don't get the bombsquad humour, they didn't even say anything particularly interesting.

#69 Posted by Itwastuesday (959 posts) -

it was fun to see some new personalities come through

#70 Edited by Milkman (16682 posts) -

My favorite part of this whole thing has just been abject rage expressed by some people. Like how DARE Giant Bomb even associate with these GameSpot plebs! The people saying that the GameSpot guys didn't know what they are doing on camera are just straight up wrong. People like Justin Calvert and Kevin Van Ord have been on camera for years, Calvert especially. They know what they're doing and they were perfectly fine.

This is the first week of the show. It's obviously a little rough around the edges. I'm sure they'll learn from this and adjust next week. Give it some time for find its legs. And then, just take a deep breath and calm the fuck down. Count to 10 and tell yourself...it's only people playing video game on the internet.

#71 Edited by HibikiRush (152 posts) -

Adding my input on this whole issue by stating I did not enjoy the GS staff coming into the fold. All in all the new video content is fairly similar to Quick Looks, and the GS staff really brought nothing new to the table, nor were they entertaining. I either think the GB crew can handle that show on their own or they should just scrap the idea.

#72 Edited by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Interesting to see a new video pop up on the site though after watching it, it seemed like Kevin from Gamespot during the Sim City part was the only one who was used to being in front of a video camera doing something like this.

#73 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2691 posts) -

You have to admire our Giant Bomb community, they simply cannot let anything go by without being small minded, petty, and mean about it.

#74 Posted by The_Nubster (2099 posts) -

The show was good. Carolyn and Kevin (the one with Jeff?) seemed a bit stiff. Chris Waters and Mass Effect-guy-whose-name-slips-my-mind were funny, even if the latter got a bit too info-happy. Everything involving Videogame Village was amazing.

It was rough around the edges. It needs some work. It's new live content that isn't taking away from existing QL's or other live shows. Watch it or don't, but don't ask for it to be gone, because it isn't doing any harm.

Because Flight Club and Random PC Game take Drew, Vinny, Dave and sometimes Alexis to sit around for 2+ hours, doing something that isn't their job and taking away from other jobs in the building. When those features are happening, no site support or design is happening, no video content is being filmed or compressed aside from what's happening on-screen, and no other QLs or shows can go on (effectively robbing the rest of the crew of their job).

They can't just sit down and spend that much time without first clearing it with the rest of the GB staff, because they need to make sure it isn't impacting anyone's schedule adversely. You have to understand that being on-camera and recording videos isn't Vinny's (primary) job, nor Drew's, Alexis' or Dave's. They're video crew and site techs, respectively.

#75 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1242 posts) -

Honestly, I liked it.

#76 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

The show was good. Carolyn and Kevin (the one with Jeff?) seemed a bit stiff. Chris Waters and Mass Effect-guy-whose-name-slips-my-mind were funny, even if the latter got a bit too info-happy. Everything involving Videogame Village was amazing.

It was rough around the edges. It needs some work. It's new live content that isn't taking away from existing QL's or other live shows. Watch it or don't, but don't ask for it to be gone, because it isn't doing any harm.

Because Flight Club and Random PC Game take Drew, Vinny, Dave and sometimes Alexis to sit around for 2+ hours, doing something that isn't their job and taking away from other jobs in the building. When those features are happening, no site support or design is happening, no video content is being filmed or compressed aside from what's happening on-screen, and no other QLs or shows can go on (effectively robbing the rest of the crew of their job).

They can't just sit down and spend that much time without first clearing it with the rest of the GB staff, because they need to make sure it isn't impacting anyone's schedule adversely. You have to understand that being on-camera and recording videos isn't Vinny's (primary) job, nor Drew's, Alexis' or Dave's. They're video crew and site techs, respectively.

Whatever. Those are just examples. If they can get the new Wednesday show to work for the majority of the community then great. If they can't get anything squared away then I'd rather they have nothing on that day. I'm not so desperate for content that I'd be happy for something that makes me want to tear my eyes out. But like I said before; if the show ends up sticking and I still don't like it then I'll just skip it all together. I'd prefer if they ditched it all together for something different, but that's just like... my opinion man.

#77 Edited by Fredddi43 (328 posts) -

I feel the same. I don't really like the Gamespot people, I find them to be a bit dull and boring (IMHO). Giant Bomb is pretty much the only "news" website where I watch videos. But the new feature doesn't bother me, I will just not watch it, in the same way as I don't watch Quick Looks for games I'm not interested in. Everyone do what they want, but I agree Alexis and Drew deserve way more airtime. I'd prefer a new feature just for them.

#78 Posted by smashed_pumpkins (42 posts) -

I enjoyed the new show. Especially like the idea of the reviewers of a game from each site discussing their opinion of the game, eg the Tomb Raider section.

I am not that familiar with any of the Gamespot people in video content, but it was cool to see the interaction.They all seemed cool. Hope to see Giancarlo Varanini at some point.

But I can see why people would not like it. Each to their own. I'm just happy to see another long form show from GB. After TNT and Unprofessional Friday, this seems a good fit for a regular feature.

#79 Edited by RenegadeSaint (1540 posts) -

If wasn't offensively bad. It was just boring. Really, really boring.

#80 Posted by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

Guys, come on; Wrap Room.

#81 Posted by buft (3316 posts) -

I really enjoyed it, feel free to not watch if you don't.