Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

A few days ago I made a TNT community promo-image statistic infographic, I posted it in the TNT community promo image thread, but am putting it in a blog post so it's easier to find. Also, this blog post was totally B0nd07's idea, just FYI.

[Full Resolution]

#1 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

A few days ago I made a TNT community promo-image statistic infographic, I posted it in the TNT community promo image thread, but am putting it in a blog post so it's easier to find. Also, this blog post was totally B0nd07's idea, just FYI.

[Full Resolution]

#2 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

Once more, nice job on this!  This deserves to not get lost in the other thread.

#3 Posted by thebatmobile (980 posts) -

Very awesome!

#4 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

This is brilliant work, ShadowVirus! I've only recently gotten into doing TNT banners, but it's been awesome going through the thread and seeing all the cool stuff people submit. Also, I love infographics, so this is all interesting stuff to look at!

#5 Posted by Phantom (182 posts) -

Typo on the last line makes me sad.

#6 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Very inetresting.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

SCIENCE

#8 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

Very inetresting indeed. HA.

But in all seriousness it was a good read, nothing like some good ol' STATS.

#9 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Thanks guys, and the typo has now been fixed.

#10 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: Nice work can I put a link to this in my TNT guide?

Hate stuff like this getting lost in the forums after three days.
#11 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

Nice job. Looks sick.

I wish I had this much talent :(

#12 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@X19 said:
@ShadowVirus: Nice work can I put a link to this in my TNT guide?Hate stuff like this getting lost in the forums after three days.
Of course you can, I don't mind.
#13 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Great stuff.  

#14 Posted by ZombiePie (5629 posts) -

Excellent work.

#15 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

Second place woop! thank you for my silver trophy :)

#16 Posted by JohngPR (67 posts) -

Wow...awesome

#17 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

I fucking love infographics. They make everything interesting.

#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10827 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: You, sir, are CRAZY! Keep up the great work! 
#19 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

That is really awesome.

#20 Edited by bananas (106 posts) -

Well, I'm not going to submitting any more banners. Don't want to fuck up my outstanding 100% submission record. (lol) 

P.S. peacebyanymeans is all lowercase. Just for future reference.

#21 Posted by afrokola (547 posts) -
@ShadowVirus:  Seriously awesome work, Shadow! 

@B0nd07: You are a maniac, Mr. B0nd!  

Keep up the quality work, guys!!
#22 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

great job, keep it up man!

#23 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I just had a numbers orgasm. Nice job!

#24 Edited by Winternet (8012 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: Great stuff here. Congrats duder! 

But, there's a flaw. In the no. users/ no. of banners submitted graph in the More Fun Stats section, the no.users axis is wrong. The numbers on the text on the left are not well represented in the graph. Example: 10 users have submitted 2 banners, yet the 2 banners bar is below 5.
#25 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Neat random info compilation. Would be cool to see something like this for review scores or something as well.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (7720 posts) -
B0nd07's reign of terror must end.
#27 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

that's fucking cool

#28 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Very cool, shame my artistic skill is on the same level as a ant.

#29 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

Sweet. Nice work.

#30 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

This is very neat, good job!

#31 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@Winternet said:
@ShadowVirus: Great stuff here. Congrats duder!   But, there's a flaw. In the no. users/ no. of banners submitted graph in the More Fun Stats section, the no.users axis is wrong. The numbers on the text on the left are not well represented in the graph. Example: 10 users have submitted 2 banners, yet the 2 banners bar is below 5.
Only 5 people submitted 2 banners, I put 10 have submitted 2 or more, so that means a total of 10 people have submitted 2, 3 or 4 banners. Maybe I should have made it a bit clearer. 

@Slaker117
said:
Neat random info compilation. Would be cool to see something like this for review scores or something as well.  
I would like to do another one, especially as not many people make the TNT banners so only a small selection of the community is gonna find this stuff really useful. If I did do another, which I'm not saying I am as it took ages to do, but if I ever do i'll do it on something that more of the community can relate to.
#32 Posted by avantegardener (1115 posts) -

Great work.

#33 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

I would love to see you update this every few months or so. I love this. I love this. I love this.

#34 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@Sparklykiss said:
I would love to see you update this every few months or so. I love this. I love this. I love this.
Regular updates is a good idea, although it took a lot of effort, so it would possibly be once a month perhaps. But I also don't want to keep beating a dead horse by updating this constantly and making everyone keep looking at it.
#35 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: Understandable. Something seasonal would be perfect, I think. Then you could just combine the four for a "year in review" sort of deal where you do the amount of information that you've given now, whereas seasonal updates can just be more basic.

Then again, I think I'd be the only one interested in that, haha.
#36 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@Sparklykiss said:
@ShadowVirus: Understandable. Something seasonal would be perfect, I think. Then you could just combine the four for a "year in review" sort of deal where you do the amount of information that you've given now, whereas seasonal updates can just be more basic. Then again, I think I'd be the only one interested in that, haha.
Yeah, that sounds cool, if people were into that I definitely consider it.
#37 Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) -
@ShadowVirus said:
@Sparklykiss said:
@ShadowVirus: Understandable. Something seasonal would be perfect, I think. Then you could just combine the four for a "year in review" sort of deal where you do the amount of information that you've given now, whereas seasonal updates can just be more basic. Then again, I think I'd be the only one interested in that, haha.
I'm sure you could get the community to help you gather up the data if you asked. People are already keeping track of random things like quick look start to death times.
#38 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@mracoon said:
@ShadowVirus said: 
I'm sure you could get the community to help you gather up the data if you asked. People are already keeping track of random things like quick look start to death times.
That's a good point, i'll have to look into that. Thanks.
#39 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: Yeah, maybe. Because, why is 2 or more only 2,3 and 4 and not 2,3,4 and 5, for example. Nevertheless, great job!
#40 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I never thought banners could be so interesting.

Hint: it wasn't very interesting.

#41 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
@texaseanacre said:
@B0nd07: You are a maniac, Mr. B0nd!
It's what happens when you submit at least one almost every week for nine months.

@dudeglove said:
B0nd07's reign of terror must end.
Never!

@ShadowVirus: I'd be happy to help gather data for the next one.
#42 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -

theres been some amazing banners in the past, is there a thread where the used ones are kept?

#43 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@buft said:
theres been some amazing banners in the past, is there a thread where the used ones are kept?
B0nd07 made a blog with every TNT banner submitted, here.