Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By EightBitWarrior
10. Super Mario World

No Caption Provided

The thing that I love about Super Mario World outside of it's fantastic music and level design is the fact that it is filled with more secrets than you can shake a stick at. Whenever you get to a new level, it is represented by a colored dot on the map. If it's red, that means there is a secret hidden somewhere inside. Considering practically every other level has a red dot, that's pretty awesome. I've gone through and found all of these secrets before by myself and it's just a blast to do so.

9. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

No Caption Provided

Street Fighter III might not be bursting with all the familiar characters you know and love from the series, but it definitely has the most kick-ass fighting that you can get anywhere in fighting games in my opinion. Street Fighter IV disappointed me a little bit in the way it tweaked some of these ideas (and I find those ideas to be pretty good, but I like these better). I overlooked this game when it came out on the Dreamcast because I didn't have the system, but I loved it to death when I go the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I wish they would bring this guy to Xbox Live arcade with some additions and online play (yes I know you can play SFAC online).

8. Battletoads

No Caption Provided

Known for it's hard as fuck difficulty, and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. I've been toiling away at this game for years, slowly progressing my way further as time goes on. I love the crazy level design, graphics, and general awesomeness that this game carries within. My goal is to beat this game one day. Warps or not, I'll be happy.

7. Grand Theft Auto IV

No Caption Provided

I was expecting to be completely underwhelmed by this game when I got it. In fact, I was considering not even picking my preorder up. Boy, am I glad I did, because this game completely blew me away and continues to do so every time I toss it in the disc drive. There's so many little touches everywhere, so many activities, a fantastic storyline with a great cast of characters that hold this game together with cement. The multiplayer is also HELLA fun with the right people, trying to get up your wanted level together, and other random antics in a free roam city. With the recent release of The Lost and Damned, this game continues to amaze me.

6. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

No Caption Provided

The best boxing game at the time, and my opinion, still unsurpassed, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! featured a hilarious cast of bosses to take down and extremely fun and intuitive gameplay. The game's legendary boss Mike Tyson was deemed impossible to take down by many, and defeatable by few that were probably called liars. When I got my NES back a few years, I was on a mission to take Iron Mike down one way or the other. When I finally did it and caught it on video, it was probably my greatest achievement in my gaming career.

Previous Posts

We wrap things up tomorrow with the top 5!
Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EightBitWarrior
10. Super Mario World

No Caption Provided

The thing that I love about Super Mario World outside of it's fantastic music and level design is the fact that it is filled with more secrets than you can shake a stick at. Whenever you get to a new level, it is represented by a colored dot on the map. If it's red, that means there is a secret hidden somewhere inside. Considering practically every other level has a red dot, that's pretty awesome. I've gone through and found all of these secrets before by myself and it's just a blast to do so.

9. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

No Caption Provided

Street Fighter III might not be bursting with all the familiar characters you know and love from the series, but it definitely has the most kick-ass fighting that you can get anywhere in fighting games in my opinion. Street Fighter IV disappointed me a little bit in the way it tweaked some of these ideas (and I find those ideas to be pretty good, but I like these better). I overlooked this game when it came out on the Dreamcast because I didn't have the system, but I loved it to death when I go the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I wish they would bring this guy to Xbox Live arcade with some additions and online play (yes I know you can play SFAC online).

8. Battletoads

No Caption Provided

Known for it's hard as fuck difficulty, and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. I've been toiling away at this game for years, slowly progressing my way further as time goes on. I love the crazy level design, graphics, and general awesomeness that this game carries within. My goal is to beat this game one day. Warps or not, I'll be happy.

7. Grand Theft Auto IV

No Caption Provided

I was expecting to be completely underwhelmed by this game when I got it. In fact, I was considering not even picking my preorder up. Boy, am I glad I did, because this game completely blew me away and continues to do so every time I toss it in the disc drive. There's so many little touches everywhere, so many activities, a fantastic storyline with a great cast of characters that hold this game together with cement. The multiplayer is also HELLA fun with the right people, trying to get up your wanted level together, and other random antics in a free roam city. With the recent release of The Lost and Damned, this game continues to amaze me.

6. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

No Caption Provided

The best boxing game at the time, and my opinion, still unsurpassed, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! featured a hilarious cast of bosses to take down and extremely fun and intuitive gameplay. The game's legendary boss Mike Tyson was deemed impossible to take down by many, and defeatable by few that were probably called liars. When I got my NES back a few years, I was on a mission to take Iron Mike down one way or the other. When I finally did it and caught it on video, it was probably my greatest achievement in my gaming career.

Previous Posts

We wrap things up tomorrow with the top 5!
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Cwaff

Super Mario World is quite possibly the greatest 2D platformer ever created, can't wait for the top 5! :D

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Damn sir, if GTA IV, SF III and Super Mario World are in your 10-6. i cant wait to see your 5-1

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dalai

Ooh, the suspense.  I expect to see Super Metroid at #1 or I will give you quite the tongue lashing.

Nice list so far.

Usagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Usagi

I have one thing to say:  Good shit!  :D

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By darro

You know how I feel about GTA IV so lets stop it at that but props for having SMW there even though its not my favourite Mario game, its still one of the best games of all time.  I never played Battletoads but would like to and Punch-Out is a great boxing game although pretty hard when you don't know how to beat certain opponents of course.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

Noyce list!