Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By EightBitWarrior
15. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

No Caption Provided

It was surprising how much I liked this game when I first played it because I absolutely hated the NES Zelda games before it, and basically swore off the series before giving it another try. Glad I chanced it because this turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time, and at one point, my favorite game. As the years went on and I beat this game countless times, the flair I once had for it started to wane, so it's been fluctuating up and down my list for years, but I still have a special place in my heart for this game and will always love it no matter what.

14. Tetris

No Caption Provided

I doubt I need to tell you anything about this game, because this is just an all out fun little game that anyone and everyone can enjoy. It can be oh so very addicting to see how far you can get in this game and square off against friends best scores. My all time record was that I got to level 16, and I don't think I ever was able to get that far again. I think my closest after that was 15. I'd like to note that I only really like the official Nintendo licensed NES version of this game, though. The music and graphics are just oh so nostalgic to me.

13. Starcraft

No Caption Provided

This is the ultimate strategy game as far as I'm concerned, because, well... it's the only one I ever liked, and in fact absolutely loved. I spent many a month playing this game with friends, creating my own scenarios and maps, playing other peoples crazy creations, and just play play playing this. I can't WAIT until the sequel hits shelves. Day one.

12. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

No Caption Provided

Spent an entire summer with this and my newly purchased Xbox back in 2002. My best friend would spend the night and we would take turns just exploring this massive and fun world where our imaginations could run wild and get lost in a realistic world. We found so many bugs that enhanced the game for us that let us get crazy good equipment and kill anyone without any sort of repercussion. I never got into Oblivion because it just wasn't as enchanting and interesting landscape-wise IMO (I also HATED that enemies leveled up with you and many, many other little gripes). I'd like to see more of a return to these roots in the next Elder Scrolls game because it is awesome.

11. DOOM II

No Caption Provided

Many people hold the original DOOM in their hearts as the classic FPS masterpiece, but I feel that is more deserved by it's sequel. Sure, it wasn't the original game that hit the scene by storm, but it was bigger, better, scarier, and harder in every concievable way. This game threw much more at you, and it was such an adrenaline rush to go through this in coop with a buddy. If you haven't checked the second game out, you definitely should. With Steam and ZDOOM, you have no reason not to.

Previous Posts

Come back tomorrow for 10-6.
Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EightBitWarrior
15. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

No Caption Provided

It was surprising how much I liked this game when I first played it because I absolutely hated the NES Zelda games before it, and basically swore off the series before giving it another try. Glad I chanced it because this turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time, and at one point, my favorite game. As the years went on and I beat this game countless times, the flair I once had for it started to wane, so it's been fluctuating up and down my list for years, but I still have a special place in my heart for this game and will always love it no matter what.

14. Tetris

No Caption Provided

I doubt I need to tell you anything about this game, because this is just an all out fun little game that anyone and everyone can enjoy. It can be oh so very addicting to see how far you can get in this game and square off against friends best scores. My all time record was that I got to level 16, and I don't think I ever was able to get that far again. I think my closest after that was 15. I'd like to note that I only really like the official Nintendo licensed NES version of this game, though. The music and graphics are just oh so nostalgic to me.

13. Starcraft

No Caption Provided

This is the ultimate strategy game as far as I'm concerned, because, well... it's the only one I ever liked, and in fact absolutely loved. I spent many a month playing this game with friends, creating my own scenarios and maps, playing other peoples crazy creations, and just play play playing this. I can't WAIT until the sequel hits shelves. Day one.

12. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

No Caption Provided

Spent an entire summer with this and my newly purchased Xbox back in 2002. My best friend would spend the night and we would take turns just exploring this massive and fun world where our imaginations could run wild and get lost in a realistic world. We found so many bugs that enhanced the game for us that let us get crazy good equipment and kill anyone without any sort of repercussion. I never got into Oblivion because it just wasn't as enchanting and interesting landscape-wise IMO (I also HATED that enemies leveled up with you and many, many other little gripes). I'd like to see more of a return to these roots in the next Elder Scrolls game because it is awesome.

11. DOOM II

No Caption Provided

Many people hold the original DOOM in their hearts as the classic FPS masterpiece, but I feel that is more deserved by it's sequel. Sure, it wasn't the original game that hit the scene by storm, but it was bigger, better, scarier, and harder in every concievable way. This game threw much more at you, and it was such an adrenaline rush to go through this in coop with a buddy. If you haven't checked the second game out, you definitely should. With Steam and ZDOOM, you have no reason not to.

Previous Posts

Come back tomorrow for 10-6.
Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Torrim

The id colelction on Steam is pretty much the best thing to ever happen in the history of digital distribution. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Ah man, you had so far essentially gone your whole list without hitting a game i don't like, but you finally did it. I find first person melee games unplayable, and that includes Elder Scrolls. I completely support every other entry though.