My Top Ten of 2009 (Pictures and a FREE PRIZE inside)

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eric_buck

10.) NHL 10 

I've always been a huge hockey fan, and when NHL 09 came out, my mind was blown. Although the gameplay in NHL 10 is technically a year old, it's just so awesome that I want to keep playing it. Also, as a Canadian I automatically need to put this on. Fuckin A. 

9.) Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story  

Bowser's inside story is the second installment of the franchise on the DS. It makes the sometimes boring turn based attack system more dynamic by giving you the opportunity to dodge moves or counterattack, requiring you to pay attention and keep your reflexes sharp while playing. You play as Bowser and, instead of feeling like a kind of "secondary" character it feels like the main event. The games filled with tons of fun minigames and the dialog is hilarious! I had a lot of fun with this game. 

8.) Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown 

Who didn't think that this game looked like crap when they first saw the screenshots? I did. I thought it looked uber-lame, but after hearing good things I picked it up. I was hooked. The minigames are fun as shit, they make good use of the stylus, but don't use it too much. The same good ol' Gta humor is here and so is the fun. The missions are fun, the story is fun. Rockstar can do ANYTHING!

7.) Resident Evil 5 

Resident Evil 5 had a lot to live up to, Res 4 being a huge success. Whether it lived up to it or not, I don't care. It was still a superb game. Playing co-op was a ton of fun and the story was great as well. My only complaint is that it was not a survival horror in the slightest. It was full on shooter. Still a fun game, with classic controls that, for me, made it even more fun.  

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  

Probably the most hyped game ever. The first one literally blew my mind off, but this time I was expecting it so my mind stayed unblown (among other things).... That aside, it was a spectacular game. MW2 looks great and feels great. The single player proves to be more epic that before (in MW3 they are going to have to nuke earth or something to keep it bigger) and the multiplayer was fricking fun. All around great game for anyone. 

5.) Killzone 2 

Probably the most hyped game ever (many games are the most hyped games ever). When I slid this game into my PS3 I was amazed. Killzone 2 has some of the best visuals out there, but honestly, I couldn't finish the game. I actually didn't play a whole bunch of it. I played maybe 3/4 of the single player and none of the multiplayer. But the 3/4s of the game were good enough to bring it on to #6 on my list, visuals don't make a game but they make a huge part of it and Killzone 2 succeeds in that hugly. 

4.) Fable 2 

Having never played the first Fable, I was excited for Fable 2. It was so much fun. Farting at civilians and getting pregnant in Fable 2 was even more fun than doing it in real life (although I've never been pregnant)... The combat is fun and exciting. The menus drag it down, but who cares. This game is hilarious and fun. It defines entertainment! 

3.) InFamous 

InFamous: The first good superhero game since ever. It's difficult to describe this game. Your can shoot lightning at people...? Basically this game takes the superhero genre and brings it to a whole new level. It doesn't do anything groundbreaking but it does everything extremely well, along with that the story is one of the better ones out there. This game, along with many others, is almost worth buying a PS3 for. 

2.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 

The first Uncharted blew me away, and usually when the first one blows you away, the second fails to do so. Not in this case. Uncharted 2 improves on Uncharted and makes it the perfect game. They couldn't have made this game any better than they did. For that it should get 10/10 everywhere. It's the best looking game I've ever seen. The platforming is still as fun as ever and the shooting is awesome. This game is pure bliss. 

1.) Batman: Arkham Asylum 

The is the second good superhero game since ever. The stealth/action/detective gameplay would already make it a great game. When you mix that with the fact that you are fucking Batman and your on Arkham Island filled with tons of classic Batman supervillians. The story is awesome, the atmosphere is awesome. It's awesome. What really makes me happy though, is that they could have made "The Dark Knight: The Game" and made probably made the same amount of money. But instead, they based it on the comics and made it a real Batman game. And that is why it is my Game of the YEAAAAAAAAAR!  

Verdict: 2009 was awesome.
happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By happyfatman

You seem to have some strange inconsistencies.  Like saying inFamous is the best superhero game since ever while putting it at #3, and saying Batman: Arkham Asylum is the second best superhero game since ever while putting it at #1.  How does that work?  Also, Fable II was released in '08 so it seems strange that it's on a best of '09 list.  But I'm just being a jackass, good list nevertheless.  Particularly the top 7.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eric_buck

Oh shit I guess I forgot about Fable 2 since I played it in 2009. I see what you mean. The fact that I didn't proof read because I was a bit lazy seems to have hampered my list :) I meant that InFamous came out first but that wasn't very clear...

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

where the hell is my free prize

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Rowr said:
" where the hell is my free prize "
Same here. And if you say "this blog"....
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eric_buck
@Video_Game_King: The prize. Is my.... verdict?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Eric_Buck said:
" @Video_Game_King: The prize. Is my.... verdict? "
That's it. *stabs you, rips out your stomach* *gasp* For me? I won the prize! *pulls out long thank you list, is immediately played off by orchestra*
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By handlas

wha?  Killzone #5 but it bored you too much to finish it nor did you play the best part of the game which was the MP .

wha?

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eric_buck

It wasn't because I was bored... I borrowed the game from a friend and had to give it back... I still wanna buy it and finnish it...